Hungry! Shoplist 1.2.10 for Android
Hungry is a grocery-shopping app for Android phones
- Free, easy to use
- Needs a bit more work
Overall, Hungry is a nicely designed, easy-to-use app with a great deal of potential on the horizon.
I'll cop to it: I'm not good at grocery shopping. So I was definitely interested in trying out Hungry, an app designed to ease the pain of shopping trips by making colour-coordinated lists that are easy to share.
The first thing to know about this app is that its default setting requires the user to turn the phone to landscape mode in order to get a tab to add grocery items (though you can, of course, change that in the settings). The portrait setting displays an alphabetical-order tab populated with example items (my favourite being 'Mini Meatbags'), as well as a tab to organise items by colour (with each colour being assigned to a food group, such as red for 'Biscuits and Bread' or light blue for 'Carbonated Drinks'). A long tap here allows you to edit the categories that each colour represents.
You also get a shopping cart tab, which shows what items you have on your shopping list. The number of items in the list displays in the upper-right corner. Options in the settings allow you to prevent the app from sleeping when you're using the cart tab (nice one, guys), a top-list tab that shows your most purchased items, and a history tab that lists items from the last time you purchased them. Once you're in the shopping-cart tab, you can remove items from your list by tapping them as you buy them.
Hungry makes sharing your lists easy: You can import or export them via a MicroSD card, e-mail them, or send them in a text message. The app also has an undo tab, which is useful.
Hungry's developers have said that they're working on expanding the features of the app, including item numbering, item pricing, and unit support (cups, grams, kilos, etc); they're also planning features such as multiple lists and setting multiple categories. Users have noted that they would also benefit from the addition of dates, as well as links to a recipe database of some sort. Overall, Hungry is a nicely designed, easy-to-use app with a great deal of potential on the horizon.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Acer Predator Triton 300 SE review: Affordable GeForce RTX performance in a slim package
- 2 Jackery Explorer 1000 Portable Power Station review: Good for venturing off the grid
- 3 Razer Naga Trinity review: The last best MMO gaming mouse
- 4 Dynabook Portégé X30W-J – a very good all-rounder
- 5 Google Pixel 5 Review: Soft Reboot
Latest News Articles
- AMD Radeon Software can overclock your Ryzen CPU now, too
- Unpatched Office attack reminds us: Don't click every doc you're sent
- Windows 11's dark mode has its own dark sounds
- Microsoft adds another Start to Windows
- Microsoft unveils space program for Aussie start-ups
PCW Evaluation Team
Ultimately this laptop has achieved everything I would hope for in a laptop for work, while fitting that into a form factor and weight that is remarkable.
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
- iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro: The cheapest way to get these new handsets in Australia
- 10 fun, funky, and ultra-cool iPhone 13 cases you can buy right now
- How to download proof of Covid-19 vaccination to your smartphone in Australia
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies