Hungry! Shoplist 1.2.10 for Android
Hungry is a grocery-shopping app for Android phones
- Free, easy to use
- Needs a bit more work
Overall, Hungry is a nicely designed, easy-to-use app with a great deal of potential on the horizon.
I'll cop to it: I'm not good at grocery shopping. So I was definitely interested in trying out Hungry, an app designed to ease the pain of shopping trips by making colour-coordinated lists that are easy to share.
The first thing to know about this app is that its default setting requires the user to turn the phone to landscape mode in order to get a tab to add grocery items (though you can, of course, change that in the settings). The portrait setting displays an alphabetical-order tab populated with example items (my favourite being 'Mini Meatbags'), as well as a tab to organise items by colour (with each colour being assigned to a food group, such as red for 'Biscuits and Bread' or light blue for 'Carbonated Drinks'). A long tap here allows you to edit the categories that each colour represents.
You also get a shopping cart tab, which shows what items you have on your shopping list. The number of items in the list displays in the upper-right corner. Options in the settings allow you to prevent the app from sleeping when you're using the cart tab (nice one, guys), a top-list tab that shows your most purchased items, and a history tab that lists items from the last time you purchased them. Once you're in the shopping-cart tab, you can remove items from your list by tapping them as you buy them.
Hungry makes sharing your lists easy: You can import or export them via a MicroSD card, e-mail them, or send them in a text message. The app also has an undo tab, which is useful.
Hungry's developers have said that they're working on expanding the features of the app, including item numbering, item pricing, and unit support (cups, grams, kilos, etc); they're also planning features such as multiple lists and setting multiple categories. Users have noted that they would also benefit from the addition of dates, as well as links to a recipe database of some sort. Overall, Hungry is a nicely designed, easy-to-use app with a great deal of potential on the horizon.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft delves deeper into AI with new kit bag of tools
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- Optimizely expands its enterprise-focused offerings
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Apple TV 4K review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCLevel 1 Help DeskNSW
- CCInfrastructure Specialist - Pharmaceutical IndustryVIC
- FTHead of Engineering - FrontendNSW
- FTTechnical Test AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Change ManagerOther
- FTRigger TechniciansOther
- TPSenior Project CoordinatorVIC
- CCJunior to Mid Level - Java/ J2EE DeveloperVIC
- CCLean Six Sigma Process Improvement Specialist - MELBOURNEQLD
- TPBusiness Intelligence Analyst/Software DeveloperQLD
- FTFront End Developer - Ractive.JS (Urgent)Other
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- FTAutomation TesterOther
- FTAgile Project ManagerOther
- CCBusiness Intelligence SpecialistNSW
- CCLinux System AdministrationVIC
- FTSenior Security ConsultantOther
- CCSharePoint Developer / AdministratorNSW
- FTSolution Manager - SAPOther
- FTCloud Architect - AWS, Azure, ADOther
- CCWeb Applications Project ManagerQLD
- CCJunior to mid-level - Business Analyst ? AgileQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst - SalesforceNSW
- TPJava DeveloperWA
- FTIT Service Delivery Manager - Workplace Technology (O365 & SP)Other