Quickflix Online DVD Rentals
- Largest range in Australia, reasonable pricing plans.
- Slow DVD turnaround, short trial period
Quickflix may have the most DVDs in their catalogue but since they take so long to send them out, they aren’t quite the best in the industry.
Price$ None (AUD)
With 19,000 titles in their catalogue, Quickflix dominates the competition in range and variety. Unfortunately, we found that while they have an enormous number of DVDs, they don't tend to send out very many at one time.
The website for Quickflix is attractive and very easy to use, much like BigPond, and keeping track of your selections and loans is a breeze. You can search based on many different criteria and the Quickflix staff have a recommendations section as well as the usual groupings like genre, coming soon, top 10 and the like.
When compared to the non-member pricing for BigPond, Quickflix is on-par. However, they do offer an ultra cheap $9.95 per month plan too. The only limitation on this plan is that you can only rent one DVD at a time and only 2 DVDs a month. The problem with this plan is that if people can only have 2 DVDs a month, they need more options as to what they get. The very nature of online DVD rentals is that you make a long list of things you want and whatever is available is sent to you thereby removing any control the end-user has over the process. If you don't care what movies you receive, so long as they are on your list, then the $9.95 plan would be ideal.
In our tests we choose 15 DVDs of which 10 were new and recent releases and the other 5 were older titles. Nearly a week after signing up, Quickflix sent us one DVD. Granted, it was a recent release but considering it was "Fantastic Four", we were not impressed. The quality of the film notwithstanding, we were more disappointed that we only received one DVD. We quickly sent it back and received other DVD 4 days later. Again, only one DVD. In our two week trial we only received 2 DVDs from QuickFlix.
One of the best features of the service is the way they pack their DVDs. They come in their own protective sleeve with a thick cardboard backing which has the DVD and title specific insert. This is great as it has a synopsis of the film and vital information like director, actors and other movie details. This is as close to having the actual DVD case as any of the rental service have come and was particularly useful. The DVDs we received from QuickFlix were all in near-perfect condition, However, since they only sent us two, it is hard to say if this is indicative of the quality of their DVDs as a whole.
We were disappointed by the trial period offered by QuickFlix. A two week trial is not long enough to get a good feel for the service and considering how few DVDs we received in that time, that point seems evident. When it came time to cancel our account, it took quite a few "Are you sure you want to cancel?" screens before we were allowed to cancel our account. Amusingly, the last screen offered us a free movie ticket to stay, but as alluring as that was, we cancelled nonetheless. Since cancelling, we have received quite a few follow up emails claiming we still have one of their DVDs in our possession. Since we sent them all back, we spoke to their customer service team who were extremely helpful and told us that if the DVD did not show up in their system within two weeks, that we would be sent a statutory declaration to fill out and return stating that we had returned it. We felt that having to complete a Stat Dec was a little excessive, but as much as it is a pain, it beats being charged for something you have returned.
QuickFlix has a great range, easy to use website, reasonable pricing plans and good customer service but was less than impressive with its DVD turnaround and trial offers making it number two in our April DVD Rental Services Roundup.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft delves deeper into AI with new kit bag of tools
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Apple TV 4K review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Sunshine Coast HospitalQLD
- FTData ModellingACT
- CCSystem Analyst - AxwayNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTCapability Specialist | Business AnalystOther
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCDigital Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTETL DeveloperOther
- TPNetwork EngineerVIC
- FTFeature Team Lead - paying $725 per dayOther
- FTInformation Security ConsultantQLD
- FTDigital Account StrategistSA
- FTMICROSOFT DYNAMICS CRM ARCHITECT ? NV1 CLEARANCE REQUIREDACT
- FTSenior Strategy Consultant - Blue Chip ClientOther
- FTData Centre Support Engineer -| 6mth ContractOther
- FTMid-Level Drupal Developer (Brisbane Location)Other
- CCSenior Test Engineer - Insurance domainVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectOther
- FTSAP Payroll SpecialistOther
- CCAngular DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer, Voice & DataOther
- FTAgile Project ManagerOther
- FTKofax Application DeveloperOther
- FTDevOps EngineerOther