Quicken Personal Plus 2006
- Comprehensive management of personal finances and investments.
- Fiddly install for upgrading users.
If you need better control over complex personal finances, this is more than up to the task.
Price$ 139.00 (AUD)
Basic personal finances can easily be managed on the back of an envelope or in a spreadsheet, but once you start juggling salaries, credit cards, mortgages, investment properties and share portfolios, a more structured solution is needed.
Quicken's Personal Plus package is aimed at individuals and families who want to better track and manage their financial situation, but don't need the complexity of a full-blown business finance package. Entering all your personal financial data is inevitably going to be a time-consuming task, but the well thought-out Getting Started model makes the process as painless as it's ever likely to be. This is done by breaking each section into categories and including useful localised lists of major financial institutions and shares to reduce the chances of data entry errors. Transactions from online bank accounts can be imported provided your institution supports QIF exports, which can further minimise the amount of typing required. Passwords can also be set to keep your information private.
Even if your finances require little more than salary tracking and working out how to reduce a mountainous mortgage and credit card debt, Personal Plus can assist with its Debt Reduction Planner, which demonstrates the impact of differing payment schemes. Users with a wider spread of investments can track superannuation and shares, with live updates on share prices for the latter. Assets can be tracked in multiple currencies if required. Reminders can be set for regular bills, and alerts set up to ensure debt doesn't grow to unmanageable levels. A wide (indeed, almost overwhelming) range of reports is available.
Separate modules allow you keep track of emergency contact information and to create an inventory of your possessions for insurance purposes (which can also be imported into your overall assets register). New additions to the 2006 release include integration with E*TRADE for active share traders, and the ability to export reports in PDF format
There are no obvious major flaws with this package, though installation is a tad fiddly for users of earlier versions (a good backup of existing data is essential as well). Both packaging and documentation seem a tad over-keen to sell Quicken's other services (such as online trading and customised stationery), and there are a few odd choices of terminology, such as 'semi-monthly' for 'fortnightly'. However, these are only minor quibbles. If you're willing to invest energy in setting up the system, Personal Plus will make it easy to track your progress towards key financial goals. (You can download a free trial version from Quicken's Web site, though this is time-limited to 30 days use.)
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- Optimizely expands its enterprise-focused offerings
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTPrincipal Architect/ConsultantOther
- FTSCCM Systems AdministratorOther
- FTMobile Application Developer (Xamarian)Other
- FTOperations Orchestration SpecialistACT
- CCJunior / Mid level Hogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneVIC
- FTFunctional Support Consultant (GIS)Other
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCPega DevelopersACT
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- CCFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerOther
- FTCommunications Officer (Social Media Focus)Other
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCBlue Prism DevelopersNSW
- CCSenior NPM DeveloperNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Service Operations Lead ? Financial Services - TelcoVIC
- TPJava DeveloperWA
- CCFinance AnalystNSW
- TPApplication Packaging & Support ConsultantVIC
- FTCoach, Lean Startup & Design Thinking approachOther
- FTSAP Developers (SAP CRM, PSCD, HANA, UI5)Other
- FTSenior Software Engineer - DigitalVIC