Pyramat S2000 Sound Rocker
- Excellent audio, Impressive bass, immersive game play, comfortable, sturdy, compatible with wide range of devices.
- Can only be used on the floor, not suitable for PC gamers.
If you are looking for an exciting gaming experience or the ideal gift for a gaming teen, the Pyramat S2000 definitely fits the bill.
Price$ 249.95 (AUD)
Some people don't realise that audio is just as important as visuals when playing video games. Clear audio and realistic bass can envelope a player and draw them into the game world. Playing with television speakers may be enough for the average player, but hardcore gamers will crave something more. The Pyramat Rocker is one such alternative, offering a comfortable gaming seat complete with built in speakers and a sub-woofer.
We reviewed the PM 550 and loved it but at the same time had issue with its design since very few gamers lie down to play their games. When we heard that Pyramat were coming out with a new rocking chair design we were understandably excited. The S2000 delivers excellent sound through the two rear mounted 12 watt ARX speakers. Every step, bullet, raindrop or distant battle is clearly audible. At the same time, the 5.5 inch 30 watt sub-woofer offers rich, distortion-free bass coupled with interactive vibration. The level of interaction is far superior to the PM 550 making this product much more fun to use.
Once again we played Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter and the intensity of combat was unbelievable. The level we played was the ironically named Dry Dock. Set in a storm battered shipyard at night, rain constantly pours from the sky hitting the ground, metal boxes and shipping containers. We could actually hear the rain hitting different surfaces as we attempted to wipe out the enemy and stay alive.
We also played some Saint's Row to get a feel for audio of a less intimate nature. Since it is a free-roaming, open world, it was an excellent test of the abilities of the Rocker, since so much is going on at once on the streets of Stillwater. Driving cars was especially fun, as the roar of the engine coupled with the vibrations of the sub-woofer made it a far more tactile and realistic experience.
While the S2000 is obviously targeted at gamers, it has other applications as well. It can be used with any device that outputs sound via either RCA audio (red and white plugs) or a regular 3.5mm stereo jack. This means that you can use it with pretty much any games console including the Nintendo DS and PSP. You can also plug in your iPod or DVD player and experience music or watch movies in a whole new way.
We thoroughly enjoyed the Pyramat S2000 sound Rocker. We liked its versatility and in particular, had a load of fun playing games on it. Our only complaint is that while the Rocker is comfortable and extremely sturdy, we still couldn't help but wish it wasn't on the floor. We would love to see Pyramat come out with a similar product that can be affixed to a couch or regular computer chair so gamers (including PC gamers) can get in on the action. Still, this is a great device that teens, kids and gamers everywhere are going to love. It makes gaming much more exciting and doesn't cost the earth to enjoy.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG Gram 17 (2021) review: Super lightweight and primed for productivity
- 2 Microsoft Surface Pro 8 review: A superior tablet with baffling quirks
- 3 Acer Aspire Vero review: An eco-friendly Windows 11 laptop
- 4 Seagate Firecuda 530 (2TB) review: It's very, very fast
- 5 Windows 11 review: An unnecessary replacement for Windows 10
Latest News Articles
- Valve’s hotly anticipated Steam Deck handheld gets delayed until 2022
- Dozens of games don’t work on 12th-gen Intel CPUs, but there’s a fix
- Can’t afford a new computer? Play PC Building Simulator for free instead
- Razer just made gamer thimbles
- Finalists for the 2021 Australian Game Developer Awards
PCW Evaluation Team
Ultimately this laptop has achieved everything I would hope for in a laptop for work, while fitting that into a form factor and weight that is remarkable.
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
- Best SIM-only Cyber Monday iPhone plans in Australia in 2021
- Best Cyber Monday tech deals: Save big on TVs, Dyson Vacuums and more!
- Best Black Friday Amazon deals in Australia in 2021
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies