Pyramat S2000 Sound Rocker
- Excellent audio, Impressive bass, immersive game play, comfortable, sturdy, compatible with wide range of devices.
- Can only be used on the floor, not suitable for PC gamers.
If you are looking for an exciting gaming experience or the ideal gift for a gaming teen, the Pyramat S2000 definitely fits the bill.
Price$ 249.95 (AUD)
Some people don't realise that audio is just as important as visuals when playing video games. Clear audio and realistic bass can envelope a player and draw them into the game world. Playing with television speakers may be enough for the average player, but hardcore gamers will crave something more. The Pyramat Rocker is one such alternative, offering a comfortable gaming seat complete with built in speakers and a sub-woofer.
We reviewed the PM 550 and loved it but at the same time had issue with its design since very few gamers lie down to play their games. When we heard that Pyramat were coming out with a new rocking chair design we were understandably excited. The S2000 delivers excellent sound through the two rear mounted 12 watt ARX speakers. Every step, bullet, raindrop or distant battle is clearly audible. At the same time, the 5.5 inch 30 watt sub-woofer offers rich, distortion-free bass coupled with interactive vibration. The level of interaction is far superior to the PM 550 making this product much more fun to use.
Once again we played Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter and the intensity of combat was unbelievable. The level we played was the ironically named Dry Dock. Set in a storm battered shipyard at night, rain constantly pours from the sky hitting the ground, metal boxes and shipping containers. We could actually hear the rain hitting different surfaces as we attempted to wipe out the enemy and stay alive.
We also played some Saint's Row to get a feel for audio of a less intimate nature. Since it is a free-roaming, open world, it was an excellent test of the abilities of the Rocker, since so much is going on at once on the streets of Stillwater. Driving cars was especially fun, as the roar of the engine coupled with the vibrations of the sub-woofer made it a far more tactile and realistic experience.
While the S2000 is obviously targeted at gamers, it has other applications as well. It can be used with any device that outputs sound via either RCA audio (red and white plugs) or a regular 3.5mm stereo jack. This means that you can use it with pretty much any games console including the Nintendo DS and PSP. You can also plug in your iPod or DVD player and experience music or watch movies in a whole new way.
We thoroughly enjoyed the Pyramat S2000 sound Rocker. We liked its versatility and in particular, had a load of fun playing games on it. Our only complaint is that while the Rocker is comfortable and extremely sturdy, we still couldn't help but wish it wasn't on the floor. We would love to see Pyramat come out with a similar product that can be affixed to a couch or regular computer chair so gamers (including PC gamers) can get in on the action. Still, this is a great device that teens, kids and gamers everywhere are going to love. It makes gaming much more exciting and doesn't cost the earth to enjoy.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Hands-on: Middle Earth: Shadow of War gets more creative with Tolkien's universe
- Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire shows off old friends and a mysterious new world
- E3 2017 day 2 wrap-up: Destiny 2 on PC, Wolfenstein returns, and Ubisoft games galore
- Xbox One X vs PlayStation 4 Pro: The console wars level up with powerful new hardware
- E3 2017 day one wrap-up: Call of Duty WWII, Intel's wireless VR, and crushing crowds
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ring Video Doorbell review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTJunior Java developer. Work Location - CanberraACT
- FTSupport AnalystOther
- FTIT Field Services ManagerOther
- TPTest AnalystSA
- TPSenior Java Developer - Mulesoft IntegrationQLD
- FTEPAS Technical Support OfficerOther
- CCIT Helpdesk Support OfficerVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst, BankingOther
- TPTest ManagerVIC
- FTProject Implementation ManagerOther
- FTIT PMO OfficerOther
- FTInfrastructure Engineer - End User ComputingOther
- FTPresales Solution Architect - NetworksVIC
- FTSEO Specialist/ SEO ConsultantNSW
- FTProgramme ManagerACT
- CCSenior Infrastructure LeadQLD
- FTSAP Fiori Java Script DevelopersACT
- CCApplication Architect - CloudVIC
- FTeCommerce Project ManagerOther
- FTData Analyst/DeveloperNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorSA
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTIT Support EngineerNSW
- FTApplication Solution ArchitectOther
- FTeCommerce Solution ArchitectOther