So, what do I want out of my next laptop and what must it include?
Pyramat S2000 Sound Rocker
- Excellent audio, Impressive bass, immersive game play, comfortable, sturdy, compatible with wide range of devices.
- Can only be used on the floor, not suitable for PC gamers.
If you are looking for an exciting gaming experience or the ideal gift for a gaming teen, the Pyramat S2000 definitely fits the bill.
Price$ 249.95 (AUD)
Some people don't realise that audio is just as important as visuals when playing video games. Clear audio and realistic bass can envelope a player and draw them into the game world. Playing with television speakers may be enough for the average player, but hardcore gamers will crave something more. The Pyramat Rocker is one such alternative, offering a comfortable gaming seat complete with built in speakers and a sub-woofer.
We reviewed the PM 550 and loved it but at the same time had issue with its design since very few gamers lie down to play their games. When we heard that Pyramat were coming out with a new rocking chair design we were understandably excited. The S2000 delivers excellent sound through the two rear mounted 12 watt ARX speakers. Every step, bullet, raindrop or distant battle is clearly audible. At the same time, the 5.5 inch 30 watt sub-woofer offers rich, distortion-free bass coupled with interactive vibration. The level of interaction is far superior to the PM 550 making this product much more fun to use.
Once again we played Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter and the intensity of combat was unbelievable. The level we played was the ironically named Dry Dock. Set in a storm battered shipyard at night, rain constantly pours from the sky hitting the ground, metal boxes and shipping containers. We could actually hear the rain hitting different surfaces as we attempted to wipe out the enemy and stay alive.
We also played some Saint's Row to get a feel for audio of a less intimate nature. Since it is a free-roaming, open world, it was an excellent test of the abilities of the Rocker, since so much is going on at once on the streets of Stillwater. Driving cars was especially fun, as the roar of the engine coupled with the vibrations of the sub-woofer made it a far more tactile and realistic experience.
While the S2000 is obviously targeted at gamers, it has other applications as well. It can be used with any device that outputs sound via either RCA audio (red and white plugs) or a regular 3.5mm stereo jack. This means that you can use it with pretty much any games console including the Nintendo DS and PSP. You can also plug in your iPod or DVD player and experience music or watch movies in a whole new way.
We thoroughly enjoyed the Pyramat S2000 sound Rocker. We liked its versatility and in particular, had a load of fun playing games on it. Our only complaint is that while the Rocker is comfortable and extremely sturdy, we still couldn't help but wish it wasn't on the floor. We would love to see Pyramat come out with a similar product that can be affixed to a couch or regular computer chair so gamers (including PC gamers) can get in on the action. Still, this is a great device that teens, kids and gamers everywhere are going to love. It makes gaming much more exciting and doesn't cost the earth to enjoy.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 2 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Peak performance from a home entertainment heavyweight
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- League of Legends to headline Melbourne's first Esports Open
- E3 2018: Every big game announcement and trailer
- Computex 2018: G.Skill draw eyes with new 'Crystal-RGB' RAM and new gaming gear
- Computex 2018: Everything new announced and shown by MSI
- Computex 2018: ROG up their game with new Strix II notebooks
PCW Evaluation Team
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
- Computex 2018: Everything you missed at Asia's biggest tech tradeshow
- Computex 2018: Nvidia launches new AI-focused hardware and software platforms
- Huawei P20 Pro review: See it and believe the hype
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies