Pure Oasis Flow digital radio
Pure Oasis Flow review: A great weather-resistant digital DAB+ radio
- Excellent build quality, splash-proof, great audio, fair price
- Audio slightly muffled at times
The Pure Oasis Flow DAB+ digital radio is an excellent product for outdoors types.
Price$ 399.00 (AUD)
The Pure Oasis Flow is a must-have item for lovers of radio and the outdoors. It's a portable, rechargeable and weatherproof DAB+ digital radio that's also capable of playing FM radio and Internet radio stations.
This latest offering from digital radio experts Pure is bound to catch the eye of any red-blooded backyard types who want a well-featured and good quality radio that can tune into digital broadcasts and also stream Internet radio stations.
Pure Oasis Flow: Features
Weighing 2.2kg and built with a cast aluminium framework and rubber seals, the Oasis is definitely a sturdy digital radio. It's also weatherproof and runs on batteries. The rubber seals protect the internal components of the radio so you can take it outside and not be perturbed about it getting a little wet — though we wouldn't advise jumping into a pool with it.
Three rubber-sealed navigational controls sit under a 128x64-pixel OLED display, which has touch-sensitive areas that display three context-sensitive keys. Navigating through menus is a painless task and the interface is easy to get to grips with.
On top of the unit is a handle so that you can easily transport the digital radio, while the side hosts a 3.5mm headphone jack, an auxiliary input port for connecting your MP3 player, a USB port for firmware upgrades and a 12V DC socket for charging the unit.
Pure Oasis Flow: Performance
After charging the Oasis Flow, we switched on the unit and were listening to crystal clear radio in under a minute — the Oasis Flow conveniently automatically sets the time and date and auto-tunes digital radio stations.
Connecting to Pure's Internet radio service 'the Lounge' was painless: all we had to do was punch in the password for our wireless network and the Oasis Flow was connected to a huge array of Internet radio stations, including awesome stations like Russian Reggae, '90s hip hop — even a station dedicated to Pink Floyd.
You can store 30 digital radio and 10 FM radio presets, and an unlimited number of Internet radio favourites, so you're really spoilt for choice when it comes to listening to music. Depending on whether the station displays song info or not, you can even see the artist and title of the tune you are currently listening to.
Other than a small amount of muffled audio on a few Internet and digital radio stations, the audio performance of the Oasis Flow is rather impressive, with clear and audible mid-tones. The full-range 4in speaker is rated at 10 Watts and it handles high volume with ease — the Pure Oasis Flow could easily fill a room with sound.
If you enjoy the outdoors and love the idea of a device that combines DAB+ and wireless Internet radio, then the Oasis Flow should be right up your alley. Pure makes excellent digital radios and this one is no exception. We think $399 is a fair price to pay for a radio that can withstand an active outdoor lifestyle and deliver excellent features and user-friendly controls combined with great audio.
Become a fan of GoodGearGuide on Facebook
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Sonos reveals Sonos One, an Alexa-enabled speaker that will support AirPlay 2 and Google Assistant
- Bose Introduces Tiny New Bluetooth Speaker
- iPhone X, Apple Watch Series 3 and Apple TV 4K: Everything Announced At Today’s Apple Keynote
- Sony launches MUTEKI V90DW High Power Audio System
- Plex Cloud is now open to all paid users
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPTechnical WriterQLD
- TPProject ServicesACT
- CCTechnical WriterQLD
- CCSAP FICO ConsultantQLD
- CCBlue Prism DevelopersVIC
- FTSystems Engineering Design Acceptance LeadACT
- FTTechnical Specialist - IP Networks / TelcoOther
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Business Case - Risk & Compliance - ContractNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Telecommunications & ITSA
- CCDrupal Developer / Site BuilderNSW
- FTSAP Business AnalystOther
- CCCognos/Datastage DeveloperQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTImplementation ManagerOther
- TPChange Analyst / ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther
- TPProject CoordinatorACT
- FTJava Implementation EngineerVIC
- FTLead Business AnalystOther
- FTTalent Acquisition Specialist - Large Blue Chip clientOther
- FTJunior-Mid Infra Project ManagerOther
- FTLead Solution ArchitectSA
- CCAutomation Developer ? Linux Dev Ops EngineerNSW
- FTScrum MasterOther