Proporta Echo iPhone screen protector
- When the iPhone is turned off it turns the screen into a mirror, easy to apply, can easily be peeled off without leaving any marks behind
- The screen appears a little duller than usual
We've never really seen the need for screen protectors as they get just as blurry and fingerprint splattered as an unprotected screen and so require just as much wiping. And because the iPhone's screen is made of glass (rather like Beckham's manager Ruud Gullit's knees) there is little chance of scratching it unless you clumsily run your diamond ring across it (careful, Posh!). However, the Echo's secondary function as a mirror does give it a handy twist if you require a mirror with you at all times. And even Becks can afford the $9.95 cost.
Price$ 9.95 (AUD)
David Beckham was one of the first iPod celebrities and it's a fair bet that the Los Angeles Apple Store rushed an iPhone to his swanky villa, so Proporta's new iPhone screen protector should catch his attention.
The Echo is a washable mirror-screen protector that turns the iPhone into a mirror when the display backlight is off. When turned on the screen is a little duller than usual (which will put off some) but protected from scratches, etc.
It's a neat idea that might appeal to those people who apply make up on the bus, the extremely vain, or nosy parkers who want to catch what's going on behind them. It would also be extremely useful for heliographers.
Observers of youth antics have noted seeing mobile users use their phone's camera to take a picture of their face so that they can then get their hair straight or apply more mascara. With Proporta's Echo there's no need to even turn your phone on for the same effect.
The screen protector is easy to apply, and Proporta has helpfully included a screen cleaning cloth and a plastic applicator. It peels off with no ill effects to the phone, and can also be easily wiped clean.
Join the newsletter!
Samsung QLED 8K TV
Cartier Calibre de Cartier Diver Watch
Ballistix Sport AT
Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 3000
Apple iMac Pro
Toys for Boys
ESET Cyber Security Pro for Mac
Osmo Coding Awbie Game
Little Bits DROID Inventor Kit
ESET Smart Security Premium
Nix Pro Colour Sensor
ESET Internet Security
Tivoli PAL BT
Oregon Pro WMR500 Weather Station
TimeFlip Magnet Simple Time Tracking Device
Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Bluetooth Speaker
Naztech Xtra Drive Mini + 256GB microSD Card
Ikea RIGGAD work lamp with wireless charging
SmartLens - Clip on Phone Camera Lens Set of 3
Ransomware has been one of the most prolific malware families for years, generating financial losses for targeted users and organizations, as well as significant revenue for cybercriminals.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Watch review: Brilliant but not quite a breakthrough
- 2 HP Omen 15 (2018): Full, in-depth review
- 3 HP Envy x360 13 (Ryzen): Full, in-depth review
- 4 Dell G5 review: Easy to live with
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Alcatel renew Rabbitohs partnership and talk up 2018 growth
- Vivo Nex Dual Display Release Date, Price, Specs and More
- Samsung Galaxy A8s Release Date, Price, Specs and More
- Wizards of the Coast invest $10 million into MTG: Arena esports
- Sony Xperia XZ4 Release Date, Price, Specs and More
PCW Evaluation Team
Microsoft Office continues to make a student’s life that little bit easier by offering reliable, easy to use, time-saving functionality, while continuing to develop new features that further enhance what is already a formidable collection of applications
I’d recommend a Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 and the new Windows 10 to anyone who needs to get serious work done (before you kick back on your couch with your favourite Netflix show.)
It’s useful for office tasks as well as pragmatic labelling of equipment and storage – just don’t get too excited and label everything in sight!
The Brother MFC-L8900CDW is an absolute stand out. I struggle to fault it.
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
- Razer Phone 2 review: One for the fans
- Oppo R17 Pro review: Full, in-depth, Australian review
- Google Pixel 3 XL review: Ghost in the machine
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies