Proporta Echo iPhone screen protector
- When the iPhone is turned off it turns the screen into a mirror, easy to apply, can easily be peeled off without leaving any marks behind
- The screen appears a little duller than usual
We've never really seen the need for screen protectors as they get just as blurry and fingerprint splattered as an unprotected screen and so require just as much wiping. And because the iPhone's screen is made of glass (rather like Beckham's manager Ruud Gullit's knees) there is little chance of scratching it unless you clumsily run your diamond ring across it (careful, Posh!). However, the Echo's secondary function as a mirror does give it a handy twist if you require a mirror with you at all times. And even Becks can afford the $9.95 cost.
Price$ 9.95 (AUD)
David Beckham was one of the first iPod celebrities and it's a fair bet that the Los Angeles Apple Store rushed an iPhone to his swanky villa, so Proporta's new iPhone screen protector should catch his attention.
The Echo is a washable mirror-screen protector that turns the iPhone into a mirror when the display backlight is off. When turned on the screen is a little duller than usual (which will put off some) but protected from scratches, etc.
It's a neat idea that might appeal to those people who apply make up on the bus, the extremely vain, or nosy parkers who want to catch what's going on behind them. It would also be extremely useful for heliographers.
Observers of youth antics have noted seeing mobile users use their phone's camera to take a picture of their face so that they can then get their hair straight or apply more mascara. With Proporta's Echo there's no need to even turn your phone on for the same effect.
The screen protector is easy to apply, and Proporta has helpfully included a screen cleaning cloth and a plastic applicator. It peels off with no ill effects to the phone, and can also be easily wiped clean.
Join the newsletter!
Bringing VR out of office and study spaces will serve to help it attract the new audiences it needs to continue growing
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- MWC 2018: Intel and Huawei to showcase 5GNR public interoperability demonstration
- MWC 2018: Intel confirms OEM collaboration on 5G PCs
- Huawei Unveils First Car To Be Driven By AI-Powered Smartphone
- OPPO Launches Free Screen Repairs for Latest Devices
- Samsung Partners With Commonwealth Bank
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Which 2018 Smart Speaker Should I Buy
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCAutomation TesterVIC
- FTSales Support and Administration OfficerOther
- CCProject AdministratorNSW
- FTSAP IS-U and SAP EWM - Greenfield implementationVIC
- CCJava Tech Lead with AEMNSW
- FTData Analyst/DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCDesktop/Field Services EngineerQLD
- FTNetwork Services ManagerOther
- FTClient Relationship Manager - HealthcareVIC
- CCScrum Master Lead - Online DigitalVIC
- FTSenior SQL Server DBANSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Supply Chain / LogisiticsVIC
- TP2 x Business Process Improvement Analyst | UtilitiesQLD
- FTiOS DeveloperWA
- FTSAP HR Functional ConsultantOther
- FTService Asset & Configuration ManagerNSW
- TPMS Dynamics CRM AdministratorACT
- CCDevops EngineerQLD
- CCEnterprise Architect (Software/API background)QLD
- TPProject Manager - Governance and L&DQLD
- FTDigital Developer - Back endVIC
- FTHR Payroll Officer - Government background onlyOther
- FTSenior Infrastructure EngineerOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - Supply ChainOther