PostureMinder ergonomics software
- It corrects your posture!, shows you how to do some discreet stretching exercises
- When you're really busy, those reminder pop ups could get annoying
PostureMinder is ideal for those concerned about how they sit now, or want to prevent problems in later life. The sooner you can start sitting right the better.
Price$ 25.52 (AUD)
PostureMinder is software that acts as a posture conscious Jiminy Cricket that reminds you when you're sitting poorly at your PC.
Bad posture is a major problem when using a PC. Slumping, leaning or even sitting with unbalanced weight on one side of a chair can cause back, neck and shoulder pain, or a myriad of other musculoskeletal disorders. And if it doesn't happen right now, you may pay in later life. Even if you've had ergonomic training, it can be very hard, once you get absorbed in a project, to remember to check your posture.
What we need is a posture conscious Jiminy Cricket, to remind us when we are sitting poorly. PostureMinder, software that has taken over four years to develop, does just that.
The software works in conjunction with a webcam to monitor your posture while you sit at your desk and use your PC. If you adopt a poor posture PostureMinder generates reminders that flash up on your screen.
Developed by Dr Philip Worthington following a painful attack of backache resulting from poor posture while working at his computer, PostureMinder was launched in the UK in May 2007.
Once installation is complete, users must complete a quick survey that identifies if they are able to adopt the correct posture. PostureMinder can then be calibrated, with users sitting in a good position, their feet flat on the floor and the screen directly at eye level, the webcam captures an image. This is then used as a guide to monitor posture from.
The frequency of PostureMinder's posture reminder and break reminder alerts (because taking a break from work intensively at a machine is also necessary) can be altered from between 0.5 and 10 minutes.
PostureMinder will also provide details on your posture throughout the day. The software offers a percentage and a graph detailing how much of the day has been spent sitting in good posture.
Your posture can be re-calibrated at any time by simply repeating the original steps and the software even offers you some discreet stretching exercises, which should be done at your desk to keep your muscles supple and relieve tension. PostureMinder is available as a download or on CD.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Transport for NSW boosts digital experience with Amazon Alexa
- Irdeto Acquires Denuvo
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- MWC 2018: Everything You Need To Know
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTApplication Support SpecialistOther
- FTContent Marketing SpecialistOther
- FTOracle SOA Integration ConsultantOther
- CCDatabase Systems Specialist-BathurstNSW
- FTSenior Cisco Unified Communication Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTOrganisational Change Manager, ImplementationOther
- FTData Migration DeveloperNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCCyber Security Business AnalystNSW
- CCIntegration Analyst (Clinical/Healthcare)QLD
- CCXamarin DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP ArchiectNSW
- CCProgram DirectorNSW
- FTData AnalystOther
- FTJunior-Mid Level Release ManagerQLD
- CCSQL Database AdministratorQLD
- FTIntegration ArchitectOther
- FTWFM Support Analyst (Kronos)Other
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Teradata Developer/Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTProxy Product Owner - $800pdOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTOracle DeveloperWA
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Manager ? Cyber SecurityQLD