PostureMinder ergonomics software
- It corrects your posture!, shows you how to do some discreet stretching exercises
- When you're really busy, those reminder pop ups could get annoying
PostureMinder is ideal for those concerned about how they sit now, or want to prevent problems in later life. The sooner you can start sitting right the better.
Price$ 25.52 (AUD)
PostureMinder is software that acts as a posture conscious Jiminy Cricket that reminds you when you're sitting poorly at your PC.
Bad posture is a major problem when using a PC. Slumping, leaning or even sitting with unbalanced weight on one side of a chair can cause back, neck and shoulder pain, or a myriad of other musculoskeletal disorders. And if it doesn't happen right now, you may pay in later life. Even if you've had ergonomic training, it can be very hard, once you get absorbed in a project, to remember to check your posture.
What we need is a posture conscious Jiminy Cricket, to remind us when we are sitting poorly. PostureMinder, software that has taken over four years to develop, does just that.
The software works in conjunction with a webcam to monitor your posture while you sit at your desk and use your PC. If you adopt a poor posture PostureMinder generates reminders that flash up on your screen.
Developed by Dr Philip Worthington following a painful attack of backache resulting from poor posture while working at his computer, PostureMinder was launched in the UK in May 2007.
Once installation is complete, users must complete a quick survey that identifies if they are able to adopt the correct posture. PostureMinder can then be calibrated, with users sitting in a good position, their feet flat on the floor and the screen directly at eye level, the webcam captures an image. This is then used as a guide to monitor posture from.
The frequency of PostureMinder's posture reminder and break reminder alerts (because taking a break from work intensively at a machine is also necessary) can be altered from between 0.5 and 10 minutes.
PostureMinder will also provide details on your posture throughout the day. The software offers a percentage and a graph detailing how much of the day has been spent sitting in good posture.
Your posture can be re-calibrated at any time by simply repeating the original steps and the software even offers you some discreet stretching exercises, which should be done at your desk to keep your muscles supple and relieve tension. PostureMinder is available as a download or on CD.
Join the newsletter!
Toys for Boys
MSI looks to add executive chic to a winning laptop formula
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel 3a review: Less is more
- 2 Moto G7 review: The new gold standard for budget buyers
- 3 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- Google Nest Wi-Fi (2019) review: Work smarter not harder
- Camera Accessories – What You Didn’t Know You Need, and Why You Need It
- Best PC monitors: Samsung vs LG vs MSI
- The Mirrorless Lenses You Didn’t Know You Needed
- AirPods Pro review (2019): True Wireless Meets True Premium
PCW Evaluation Team
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
Microsoft Office continues to make a student’s life that little bit easier by offering reliable, easy to use, time-saving functionality, while continuing to develop new features that further enhance what is already a formidable collection of applications
- Google Pixel 4 XL review (2019): Full Resolution
- Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Show Off
- iPhone 11 Pro review: Identical looks, superlative cameras
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies