- Great viewing angle, cheap, extremely bright
- Nothing of note
One of the best value for money models we've looked at.
Price$ 497.00 (AUD)
If you've read the very low price at the top of this review and thought to yourself "it just can't be any good if they're giving it away at that price", then we're here to tell you that this monitor is indeed one of the best bargain buys.
For a low price, you get a screen that has both VGA and DVI inputs and one which also has a reasonable 21ms pixel response time and above average contrast and brightness ratings.
Additionally, this screen is manufactured using MVA technology, and we do rate the viewing angle of this monitor highly. There was only a slight colour loss when viewing from greater than 150 degrees. It has a 2cm thick bezel across the top and along the sides of the screen and also requires an external power supply
The brightness level of this monitor was superb in our testing. Likewise, its 800:1 contrast ratio made the screen a pleasure to use for viewing text, images and movies. While its quoted response time (21ms) is slow, it did do well in our motion blur tests. In particular, white text on black and grey backgrounds remained white and did not emit a noticeable trail as it scrolled across the screen, while black text emitted a very short trail and turned slightly grey on white backgrounds.
This screen is rated as being able to display 16.7 million colours and it did not disappoint us in DisplayMate. Banding was not noticeable in the colour blending tests nor in the 256-level colour intensity ramps, which displayed very smooth gradients. Its ability to display low levels of grey on a black background was very good, so dark movies or photographs will not be drowned out by the black.
An inexpensive price tag, coupled with great performance, makes this model a worthwhile pick-up.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
- G-Sync HDR displays go ultrawide and ultra-fast with the 200Hz Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ
- Dell's luscious new 4K monitor is bold, bright, and HDR-infused
- Samsung's 49-inch mega-wide display may displace multi-monitor setups
PCW Evaluation Team
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTWindows Rollout / Desktop Support AnalystOther
- CCInformation Security Consultant - BrisbaneACT
- FTiMIS Engineer / DBAOther
- FTCustomer Service RepresentativeOther
- FTScheduling and Reporting Analyst | 3mth ContractOther
- CCSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTDigital Marketing ExecutiveOther
- TPProgram Support OfficerQLD
- FTMid - Senior Web DeveloperWA
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPSQL DevloperNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack DeveloperQLD
- TPLinux EngineerQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - PaymentsVIC
- FTSenior Technical Business AnalystACT
- FTChange Analyst - Business & TransformationOther
- FTMobile Applications DeveloperACT
- TPSAP Process ControlQLD
- CCSenior DevOps ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCMean Stack Developers x4ACT
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther
- FTTechnical Support - Level 1 - Sydney WestOther
- CCNetwork Solution ArchitectQLD