PLUS Stealth V Extreme Quadro Mach II QX6700
- Heaps of connectivity; large, quiet case; 1TB storage; full-speed SLI configuration
- SLI will not be functional until NVIDIA releases SLI drivers for Vista
While this machine wasn't fully functional at the time of testing, it's only a matter of time before NVIDIA's SLI drivers will be released. Nevertheless, it's a fantastic top-end machine for any gamer or enthusiast user.
Price$ 5,099.00 (AUD)
Built with the gamer in mind, the Stealth V has top-of-the-line components, including a Gigabyte motherboard that's made for overclocking. The machine includes an Intel quad-core CPU, 2GB of RAM and 1TB of storage.
The Stealth V is a Vista-based machine, but it isn't fully functional yet due to NVIDIA not having drivers available for SLI graphics configurations. Plus Corporation has installed two factory-overclocked Inno3D GeForce 8800GTX graphics cards, but only one of them will be useable for rendering 3-D graphics until the NVIDIA drivers for SLI are released. In testing, the machine managed to record a competitive 3DMark06 score of 11149. Plus Corporation will inform customers once the drivers for enabling SLI are available.
The two graphics cards do allow for up to four monitors to be connected, but the supplied 22in CHI MEI CMV LCD monitor has a native resolution of 1680x1050, which is adequate for using video editing and graphics applications.
Plus Corporation has been meticulous in its construction of this machine. An Antec Nine Hundred ATX case has been used, which has large fans to keep the PC cool and quiet. The cable management of the Stealth V is a highlight, as Plus Corporation has kept all the major airways clear of clutter. The Seasonic 700W modular power supply helps in this regard. However, we can't help but think that the Nine Hundred will be a dust-trap if used in a small, carpeted room, due to its extensive venting. The design of the case, which has quick-access USB, FireWire and audio ports located at the top, promotes a floor-standing position.
The machine's overall WorldBench 6 score of 105 was expected, as the Gigabyte GA-N680SLI-DQ6 has proved to be a little slow at its default speed in our past tests. Encoding 53min worth of WAV files to 192Kbps MP3 files using Cdex took 1min 42sec. By overclocking the machine to 2.93GHz we were able to cut this time by around seven percent to 1min 36sec.
Its two 500GB, 7200rpm Western Digital hard drives are installed in a RAID 0 array in order to supply 931MB of formatted storage space. File copy tests from one location on the drive to another returned a data transfer result of 30.51MBps, which is excellent. The front-mounted fans help to cool the hard drives, which reside in the Antec's removable drive cages.
Expansion possibilities are numerous: the Antec case has room for a total of six hard drives and three optical drives, while the motherboard supports a total of 8GB of RAM, has three PCI slots and three full-size PCI Express slots (two PCIe x16 slots and one PCIe x8 slot). There is abundant connectivity for USB, FireWire and SATA devices and four gigabit LAN ports can be used to boost networking throughput if the machine is to be used as a gaming server.
Plus Corporation also makes it easy to keep all the machine's extraneous bits and bobs intact by providing a neat case for all the cables, manuals and discs.
Join the newsletter!
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
cloudandco Smart Cane
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Apple iPhone X
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Toys for Boys
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Bose SoundLink Micro
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Xbox One X
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 2 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 3 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 4 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By ASUS
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By Dell
- CES 2018: Intel Reveals VR-Ready ‘Hades Canyon’ NUC
- iMac Pro first look: Apple’s most powerful Mac is a multiprocessing beast
- macOS High Sierra ‘root’ security issue allows admin access to your Mac—but there's a fix
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- CES 2018: Belkin go big on wearables accessories and wireless charging
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- CES 2018
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTLead Salesforce DeveloperOther
- CCInternet Applications Developer - DevOpsNSW
- FTDigital DesignerOther
- FTTechnical Consultant - HP Service Manager 9NSW
- FTUser Interface (UI) DeveloperACT
- FTNetwork Engineering Team Lead/Network ManagerACT
- FTIntegration SpecialistNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Financial ServicesVIC
- TPIntermediate Solution Architect - DataQLD
- CCIBM FileNet ConsultantsSA
- CCGenesys ConsultantACT
- FTLead Mobile DeveloperQLD
- FTJunior Account Manager - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- CCAdvisory Project Manager - Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- CCCyber Security Team/stream LeadVIC
- CCTechnical Consultant - FortifyACT
- FTApplications SpecialistOther
- FTDesktop Support EngineerOther
- FTIntegration LeadOther
- FTSecurity Consultant / Snr Security Consultant - Permanent - Nth SydNSW
- FTSenior Data Quality Management OfficerNSW
- FTCyber Security AnalystOther
- FTSCADA Project MaanagerOther
- FTSenior Data Warehouse DeveloperQLD
- FTProject ServicesSA