PLUS Stealth V Extreme Quadro Mach II QX6700
- Heaps of connectivity; large, quiet case; 1TB storage; full-speed SLI configuration
- SLI will not be functional until NVIDIA releases SLI drivers for Vista
While this machine wasn't fully functional at the time of testing, it's only a matter of time before NVIDIA's SLI drivers will be released. Nevertheless, it's a fantastic top-end machine for any gamer or enthusiast user.
Price$ 5,099.00 (AUD)
Built with the gamer in mind, the Stealth V has top-of-the-line components, including a Gigabyte motherboard that's made for overclocking. The machine includes an Intel quad-core CPU, 2GB of RAM and 1TB of storage.
The Stealth V is a Vista-based machine, but it isn't fully functional yet due to NVIDIA not having drivers available for SLI graphics configurations. Plus Corporation has installed two factory-overclocked Inno3D GeForce 8800GTX graphics cards, but only one of them will be useable for rendering 3-D graphics until the NVIDIA drivers for SLI are released. In testing, the machine managed to record a competitive 3DMark06 score of 11149. Plus Corporation will inform customers once the drivers for enabling SLI are available.
The two graphics cards do allow for up to four monitors to be connected, but the supplied 22in CHI MEI CMV LCD monitor has a native resolution of 1680x1050, which is adequate for using video editing and graphics applications.
Plus Corporation has been meticulous in its construction of this machine. An Antec Nine Hundred ATX case has been used, which has large fans to keep the PC cool and quiet. The cable management of the Stealth V is a highlight, as Plus Corporation has kept all the major airways clear of clutter. The Seasonic 700W modular power supply helps in this regard. However, we can't help but think that the Nine Hundred will be a dust-trap if used in a small, carpeted room, due to its extensive venting. The design of the case, which has quick-access USB, FireWire and audio ports located at the top, promotes a floor-standing position.
The machine's overall WorldBench 6 score of 105 was expected, as the Gigabyte GA-N680SLI-DQ6 has proved to be a little slow at its default speed in our past tests. Encoding 53min worth of WAV files to 192Kbps MP3 files using Cdex took 1min 42sec. By overclocking the machine to 2.93GHz we were able to cut this time by around seven percent to 1min 36sec.
Its two 500GB, 7200rpm Western Digital hard drives are installed in a RAID 0 array in order to supply 931MB of formatted storage space. File copy tests from one location on the drive to another returned a data transfer result of 30.51MBps, which is excellent. The front-mounted fans help to cool the hard drives, which reside in the Antec's removable drive cages.
Expansion possibilities are numerous: the Antec case has room for a total of six hard drives and three optical drives, while the motherboard supports a total of 8GB of RAM, has three PCI slots and three full-size PCI Express slots (two PCIe x16 slots and one PCIe x8 slot). There is abundant connectivity for USB, FireWire and SATA devices and four gigabit LAN ports can be used to boost networking throughput if the machine is to be used as a gaming server.
Plus Corporation also makes it easy to keep all the machine's extraneous bits and bobs intact by providing a neat case for all the cables, manuals and discs.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Apple Roll Out High Sierra
- ASUS' VivoMini VM45 gets upgraded to 7th Generation Intel processors
- NVIDIA Supercharges Rendering Performance with AI
- HP reboots Omen desktop with more of what gamers love
- Intel's modular Compute Card puts a PC in your pocket
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Hands On: Our first impressions of Sony's a7R III
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTDigital Marketing Executive - PersonalisationOther
- FTDevOps Engineer - Supply ChainOther
- CCThe job "Automation Test Analyst Guidewire " is now ExpiredQLD
- FTJunior Front End DeveloperOther
- CCData Center Infrastructure Specialist - Wintel / VMwareWA
- CCEnterprise Architect ? Network & InfrastructureNSW
- CCSenior Internet Services Engineer - DevOpsNSW
- FTTest Automation EngineerVIC
- FTManager, Digital DeliveryOther
- FTService Desk CoordinatorVIC
- FTPL/SQL DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - AdviceOther
- FTFinancial Analyst- Construction backgroundOther
- TPProject OfficerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Windows EngineerNSW
- FTFeature Team Lead - paying $725 per dayOther
- CCLSS BPMN Process Improvement AnalystVIC
- FTService Desk Engineer/IT Help desk Support - Multiple positionsVIC
- FTChange Facilitators / Change AnalystsOther
- FTManager, Digital DeliveryOther
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTNetwork ArchitectACT
- CCNetwork ArchitectVIC