PLUS FX-60 Gamers Edition
- Powerful, Wonderful peripherals
- Costs a bundle
If you're after speed then there is no looking past this machine. Its build quality and supplied peripherals are top-class.
Price$ 5,999.00 (AUD)
High-end PCs and entry-level workstations don't get much better than this. It has all the fancy technical wizardry you would expect a very fast machine to have, yet it also comes with peripherals that make it an absolute joy to use. The machine is built inside an Antec Plus View II case, and its windowed side-panel offers a glimpse at all the powerful components it cocoons.
This power comes primarily from AMD's current high-end juggernaut - the Athlon 64 FX-60 processor, which sits on an ASUS A8N32-SLI motherboard alongside 2GB of RAM. Since it is a dual-core CPU, the 2.6GHz FX-60 has improved multi-tasking capabilities over previous FX processors.
The machine completed the multi-tasking test in World Bench 5, which encompasses Office, 3-D and multimedia applications, in only 364sec and its overall score was 137 - a Test Centre record.
Contributing to the high score was the RAID 0 array in this machine, which features two 10,000rpm 150GB Western Digital Raptor drives.
For gaming and entertainment, the machine ships with a 512MB MSI NX7800GTX graphics adapter and a Logitech X-530 sound system. The G15 gaming keyboard has backlit keys, perfect for night-time, while the G7 cordless mouse is laser-guided and extremely precise.
This system runs optimally: there are four case fans installed to cool the hard drives and the graphics card and all the cables have been tied neatly out of the way. Cable management is further enhanced by the use of a 600-watt modular SilverStone power supply.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 2 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 4 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 5 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
Latest News Articles
- NVIDIA Supercharges Rendering Performance with AI
- HP reboots Omen desktop with more of what gamers love
- Intel's modular Compute Card puts a PC in your pocket
- Dell’s Inspiron 27 7000 is the first Ryzen All-in-One PC, and it's upgradable too
- Nvidia's new generation of powerful GeForce GTX Battlebox PCs finally embraces AMD
PCW Evaluation Team
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
- Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- GAMOSPHERE: Your August Roundup of Gaming News
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTFront end DeveloperNSW
- FTDesktop Support EngineerVIC
- TPICT Service Desk OfficerOther
- FTAccount Manager (Healthcare & Aged Care)Other
- CCJunior - Mid-level DevOps Consultant - BrisbaneVIC
- FTDesktop Support EngineerACT
- FTAdministration Support / Resource CoordinatorOther
- FTDeputy Chief Engineer - Defence Systems - IT Services - Sydney BasedNSW
- FTBusiness Project Manager - TelcoVIC
- TPJunior Business Analysis - Business Case specialist**NSW
- FTControls Advisor - SAP GRCOther
- FTResource Planner / SchedulerOther
- FTTechnical/ Architecture Java Lead - Move to MelbourneNSW
- TPAutomation Test AnalystQLD
- TPPrincipal Software EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Network EngineerOther
- CCDevOps ConsultantNSW
- FTDigital Marketing Manager | Initial 6 Month ContractOther
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- FTFull Stack . NET DeveloperNSW
- FTGraduate IT ConsultantOther
- FTRelease Coordinator - Fixed TermOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - ICT GovernanceOther
- TPSAP Functional Consultant - Finance - Real Estate ManagementQLD
- FTOperational Delivery Lead - ITILOther