PLUS FX-60 Gamers Edition
- Powerful, Wonderful peripherals
- Costs a bundle
If you're after speed then there is no looking past this machine. Its build quality and supplied peripherals are top-class.
Price$ 5,999.00 (AUD)
High-end PCs and entry-level workstations don't get much better than this. It has all the fancy technical wizardry you would expect a very fast machine to have, yet it also comes with peripherals that make it an absolute joy to use. The machine is built inside an Antec Plus View II case, and its windowed side-panel offers a glimpse at all the powerful components it cocoons.
This power comes primarily from AMD's current high-end juggernaut - the Athlon 64 FX-60 processor, which sits on an ASUS A8N32-SLI motherboard alongside 2GB of RAM. Since it is a dual-core CPU, the 2.6GHz FX-60 has improved multi-tasking capabilities over previous FX processors.
The machine completed the multi-tasking test in World Bench 5, which encompasses Office, 3-D and multimedia applications, in only 364sec and its overall score was 137 - a Test Centre record.
Contributing to the high score was the RAID 0 array in this machine, which features two 10,000rpm 150GB Western Digital Raptor drives.
For gaming and entertainment, the machine ships with a 512MB MSI NX7800GTX graphics adapter and a Logitech X-530 sound system. The G15 gaming keyboard has backlit keys, perfect for night-time, while the G7 cordless mouse is laser-guided and extremely precise.
This system runs optimally: there are four case fans installed to cool the hard drives and the graphics card and all the cables have been tied neatly out of the way. Cable management is further enhanced by the use of a 600-watt modular SilverStone power supply.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By ASUS
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By Dell
- CES 2018: Intel Reveals VR-Ready ‘Hades Canyon’ NUC
- iMac Pro first look: Apple’s most powerful Mac is a multiprocessing beast
- macOS High Sierra ‘root’ security issue allows admin access to your Mac—but there's a fix
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Which 2018 Smart Speaker Should I Buy
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTIT Field TechnicianNSW
- FTDevOps & IT Operations | Trading & Finance | LinuxOther
- FTiOS DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTNetwork AdministratorVIC
- FTSenior Project CoordinatorOther
- CCJava Tech Lead with AEMNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- CCPortal DeveloperNSW
- FT1st Level Technical SupportVIC
- FTAgile CoachOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- TPSenior Software DeveloperSA
- TPLinux Automation EngineerQLD
- TPSenior Java Developer / IntegratorQLD
- TPIT Storage EngineerVIC
- FTOnsite Support Engineer (sys admin)Other
- FTData EngineerOther
- TPDBA/Data Migration AnalystQLD
- FTCampaign ManagerOther
- FTBusiness Process BAOther
- FTMid - Senior Web DeveloperWA
- FTProject Manager - ERP implementationOther