Plantronics Voyager Pro Bluetooth headset
This chunky Bluetooth headset won't suit everyone, but it provides outstanding audio quality.
- Impressive build quality, great audio quality, boom microphone, comfortable
- Chunky design, multipoint Bluetooth is limited
Its chunky and unappealing design won't suit everyone, but the Plantronics Voyager Pro Bluetooth headset provides outstanding audio quality.
Price$ 159.00 (AUD)
Plantronics' Voyager Pro Bluetooth headset won't win any awards for its design, but it offers excellent sound quality and a comfortable fit.
The Plantronics Voyager Pro is one of the larger Bluetooth headsets on the market, so it isn't very discreet when you're wearing it. It has a chunky ear clip and a long microphone that protrudes from its side. Its build quality is impressive and the boom microphone is adjustable, so it's easy to swing away from your cheek when not in use.
Despite being chunky, the Plantronics Voyager Pro is quite comfortable to wear. A silicone ear bud rests firmly against your ear and Plantronics includes small, medium and large tips in the sales package. The Plantronics Voyager Pro only has three buttons, so it's easy to control. A large power button handles answering and ending calls and two volume buttons are located on the top. Just above the power button is a status LED, but its position means it's almost invisible, even when the headset is not being worn.
The Plantronics Voyager Pro provides excellent voice quality. AudioiQ2 noise-cancellation technology combined with the boom microphone aids outgoing audio volume and clarity, and wind noise is effectively nullified. Even driving in a car with the driver's window open doesn't affect outgoing audio quality. The Plantronics Voyager Pro also features impressive noise isolation, with conversations still completely audible on a busy Sydney street with traffic and other background noise.
The Plantronics Voyager Pro features multipoint Bluetooth, so it can connect to two devices simultaneously. Unfortunately it is quite limited: you can't place a call on hold to answer a call on the second device — the first call must be terminated or transferred back to the phone first.
In addition to answering, rejecting and ending calls, the Plantronics Voyager Pro supports call waiting, redialling the last number, and a muting audio.
The Plantronics Voyager Pro's battery life is rated at 5.5 hours talk time and up to 200 hours of standby time. An AC charger is included in the sales package and the headset uses a standard micro-USB connection.
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Join the newsletter!
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Apple iPhone X
cloudandco Smart Cane
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Toys for Boys
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Bose SoundLink Micro
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Xbox One X
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 2 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 3 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 4 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Nokia 1 Release Date, Price & Specification Rumours
- Android 9.0 Release Date Rumours: When is Android P coming out?
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- Sony Xperia XA2 to be Available in Australia
- CES 2018: Alcatel Embrace 18:9 Aspect Ratio In 2018
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- JBL Link 10 review: Full, in-depth review
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- CES 2018
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTOpenText ConsultantQLD
- FTOracle DBAOther
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTFull Stack Web DeveloperOther
- FTTelecom Engineer - Network VoiceOther
- FTSystems Co-ordinatorOther
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTNetwork Security EngineerOther
- FTData ScientistOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - MortgagesOther
- TPSystem AnalystACT
- FTAgile Scrum Master/Project ManagerOther
- CCNetwork Engineer (Juniper)NSW
- FTSenior Solution Architect - TransformationOther
- FTSenior Change ManagerNSW
- CCMiddleware Messaging SpecialistVIC
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst - Security / IDAMOther
- FTDatabase AdministratorNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer (Juniper)SA
- FTPenetration TesterNSW
- FTImplementation Project ManagerOther
- CCHadoop DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Infrastructure EngineerOther
- FTPartner Account Manager - Global Cloud Solution ProviderVIC
- FTJnr Project Manager/Business Analyst - Software ImplementationOther