Plantronics M100 Bluetooth headset
Plantronics' M100 Bluetooth headset has a comfy design and convenient touches
- Provides estimated available battery life; Comfortable on the ear; iPhone battery gauge
- Lacks A2DP streaming support; Audio quality suffers mildly in noisy environments
Plantronics' M100 is a comfortable Bluetooth headset that strikes a pleasing balance between performance, design and price.
Price$ 129.00 (AUD)
Finding a Bluetooth headset that fits snugly in the ear and feels comfortable to wear can be tricky. Fortunately, the Plantronics M100 satisfies on both counts. The M100 has other strengths, too; but a few weaknesses leave it in the middle of the pack.
Available with five different colour accents, the M100 distinguishes itself with a lightweight, svelte design. It weighs 9 grams, and comes with three different-size ear gels and an over-the-ear loop that feels comfortable and easy to place, despite being fairly rigid. The device is notably less obtrusive than some of Plantronics's previous offerings.
One point that impressed me: Upon sliding the power switch, the headset reports the number of hours of talk time left, and it appears to do so accurately. Plantronics rates the M100 at up to 6 hours of talk time and up to 10 days of standby time; plus, as the specs promise, I found it charged efficiently, requiring just 1.5 hours to achieve a full charge.
Plantronics positions, and prices, the headset in the middle of its lineup. As such, I wasn't surprised to find the audio quality good, but not knock–my–socks–off great. The headset has dual microphones and DSP (digital signal processor) noise cancellation. While callees were generally satisfied by the headset's clear audio, occasionally even the built-in wind-noise reduction and echo cancellation couldn't squash the background noise in places like a crowded restaurant. Moreover, while I was largely satisfied with the audio, I could sometimes perceive a hissing noise during calls.
The headset charges via a micro-USB port, and has volume and disengage buttons in addition to the power switch.
I liked how the headset paired quickly with Bluetooth–enabled phones, and particularly loved the iPhone battery gauge that popped up on-screen while the headset was paired with the phone. The various voice prompts were convenient, and the buttons were easy to feel by touch. I did find that to hang up a call, the headset pressed into my ear a bit more than I liked, but that's a minor gripe—especially considering that the headset felt comfortable in-ear for extended periods of time.
Some other Bluetooth headsets may have better audio quality, but its conveniences, long battery life, and comfortable fit--together with its reasonable price—make the M100 headset a solid choice, especially for iPhone users.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- OnePlus 5 rumors: Everything we know about the upcoming budget flagship
- Google makes the best Android apps easier to find with Android Excellence
- Motorola's Z2 Play comes with a smaller battery, a higher price tag, and new Moto Mods
- Sony outs launch details for its Xperia XZ Premium flagship and futuristic Touch projector
- Andy Rubin's Essential Phone is finally here and it's weird
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ring Video Doorbell review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FT.NET DeveloperOther
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- TPICT Customer Support Officer - ArmidaleNSW
- TPIT Procurement Officer - Multiple PositionsQLD
- TPTest ManagerVIC
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerOther
- FTSenior Software EngineerACT
- CCAudio-Visual DesignerVIC
- TPSenior Project ManagerQLD
- FTEnterprise Transformation ArchitectOther
- FTSenior HFC EngineerNSW
- FTWintel Infrastructure EngineerACT
- CCPeoplesoft campus solution consultant/TesterNSW
- FTSenior Solution Designer, Investment PlatformNSW
- CCNetwork Architect - part time contract, Sydney Western SuburbsNSW
- FTPeopleSoft Campus Solution ConsultantOther
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskOther
- CCSenior Application Project ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (Maximo)NSW
- FTCX Lead/Customer experience/Customer marketingOther
- FTHealthcare Integration Support/ Junior DBA - Brisbane BasedQLD
- CCSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- FTLean Six Sigma - Change ConsultantOther
- FTCommercial Analyst (IT Contracts)Other