Plantronics Explorer 395 Bluetooth headset
Plantronics Explorer 395 - a Bluetooth headset for everyday use
- Comfortable, appealing price
- Some audio quality issues
While it doesn't offer the audio quality you get with more expensive technology, the Plantronics Explorer 395 is comfortable to wear, simple to use and offers reasonable-quality audio for its price
Price$ 89.00 (AUD)
The Plantronics Explorer 395 is a good-looking, easy-to-use Bluetooth headset that is obviously designed (and priced) for the casual user -- somebody who wants to be able to do hands-free calling but doesn't need to be glued to a mobile phone.
It comes in black or bronze with silver accents; the look is sleek and stylish in a Star Trek sort of way. And it is indeed simple to use. The headset has a separate on/off switch (which I always find easier than using the same button used for answering calls), a volume button that toggles between four settings, and a call start/end button.
What surprised me most, though, is that the Explorer 395 is more comfortable than any of the more-expensive headsets I've tried. While most headsets come with a variety of different-sized tips to choose from, so you can find the best fit for your ear canal, the Explorer offers an earloop and a single eartip that sits against, rather than within, your ear. The result is a firm but very comfortable fit that should suit most users. The headset was even comfortable while wearing glasses, although I had to take my glasses off while putting it on.
I found that while voices were usually clear and understandable, they occasionally came across as somewhat fuzzy. On the other end, one person reported that the audio was quite clear but a bit distant, while another said that the sound was clear but "not warm."
Barbara Krasnoff is reviews editor at Computerworld . When she isn't either editing or reviewing, she blogs at The Interesting Bits ... and Bytes ; you can also follow her on Twitter ( @BarbaraKrasnoff ).
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Belkin Introduces USB-C 3.1 Express Dock HD
- Porsche Design Huawei Mate 10 Will Come To Australia
- Boost Mobile Doubles Data Offering With New Summer Plans
- BlackBerry KEYone Black Launches in Australia
- HTC U11 Plus latest rumours: Release date, price and specs
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Apple TV 4K review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Project Controls Officer / CoordinatorOther
- CCTeam Assistant/Executive Assistant - TelcoVIC
- FTManager, Digital DeliveryOther
- FTPL/SQL DeveloperOther
- FTCyber Security Team LeadOther
- FTNetwork ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTETL DeveloperOther
- CCSystems Analyst / Consultant ? SAPQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCIntegration AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Salesforce Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTBusiness Information Security Officer (BISO)NSW
- FTSenior Procurement Manager- Government BackgroundOther
- TPSAP ABAP DeveloperQLD
- CCPortfolio / Relationship ManagerNSW
- FTRobotic Process Automation DeveloperOther
- FTService Desk Engineer/IT Help desk Support - Multiple positionsVIC
- FTDigital Transformation Architect - TelcoVIC
- TPCyber Security ConsultantNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCTransition Manger - Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- FTSenior Test Analyst (Data Migration)Other
- FTService Desk CoordinatorVIC
- FTProgram Manager - Technology & EngineeringOther