Plantronics Explorer 395 Bluetooth headset
Plantronics Explorer 395 - a Bluetooth headset for everyday use
- Comfortable, appealing price
- Some audio quality issues
While it doesn't offer the audio quality you get with more expensive technology, the Plantronics Explorer 395 is comfortable to wear, simple to use and offers reasonable-quality audio for its price
Price$ 89.00 (AUD)
The Plantronics Explorer 395 is a good-looking, easy-to-use Bluetooth headset that is obviously designed (and priced) for the casual user -- somebody who wants to be able to do hands-free calling but doesn't need to be glued to a mobile phone.
It comes in black or bronze with silver accents; the look is sleek and stylish in a Star Trek sort of way. And it is indeed simple to use. The headset has a separate on/off switch (which I always find easier than using the same button used for answering calls), a volume button that toggles between four settings, and a call start/end button.
What surprised me most, though, is that the Explorer 395 is more comfortable than any of the more-expensive headsets I've tried. While most headsets come with a variety of different-sized tips to choose from, so you can find the best fit for your ear canal, the Explorer offers an earloop and a single eartip that sits against, rather than within, your ear. The result is a firm but very comfortable fit that should suit most users. The headset was even comfortable while wearing glasses, although I had to take my glasses off while putting it on.
I found that while voices were usually clear and understandable, they occasionally came across as somewhat fuzzy. On the other end, one person reported that the audio was quite clear but a bit distant, while another said that the sound was clear but "not warm."
Barbara Krasnoff is reviews editor at Computerworld . When she isn't either editing or reviewing, she blogs at The Interesting Bits ... and Bytes ; you can also follow her on Twitter ( @BarbaraKrasnoff ).
Join the newsletter!
Bringing VR out of office and study spaces will serve to help it attract the new audiences it needs to continue growing
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Boost Mobile Connects With World Surf League
- Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ Awarded Telstra Blue Tick Certification
- HTC to bring U11 Life to Australia next week
- Woolworths Will Be Offering $150 Off Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+
- Boost unveils new and improved Anytime Plus mobile plans
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- MWC 2018: Everything You Need To Know
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTMarketing Analyst - $60 phOther
- FTSenior Software EngineerSA
- FTServiceNow- Platform DesignerOther
- FTSenior Checkpoint Security EngineerOther
- FTSenior Solutions Consultant - ServiceNowNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperOther
- FTApplication Support Analyst- SMSF AdministratorOther
- TPProject ManagerACT
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaOther
- FTUnified Endpoint Management Systems AnalystOther
- FTNetwork ConsultantQLD
- TPSitecore Test AnalystNSW
- FTSEO ExecutiveOther
- TPWeb Content SpecialistACT
- FTTechnical Quality LeadVIC
- FTMid Level UX DesignerOther
- FTJava Developer (API)Other
- CCSystem Administrator (TRIM)QLD
- CCOffice365 SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Desktop Support AnalystOther
- CCDevOps Engineer - Cloud - GovernmentVIC
- CCField Technician - Windows/ Office 365 EnvironmentVIC
- TPProject Manager - ApplicationsQLD
- CCHadoop DeveloperACT
- FTServer EngineerSA