Plantronics Explorer 320
- Incredibly simple to use and setup, Call switching feature
- Not as comfortable after long usage.
If you want a hassle-free and simple to use accessory, the Explorer 320 was made for you
Price$ 89.00 (AUD)
On the front of the Plantronics Explorer 320 box are three words in bold black writing -'Easy to Use". Here's the good news - the Explorer 320 is by far the simplest Bluetooth headset we've ever tested. The bad news is that it isn't that comfortable to wear, largely due to the rubberised earbud.
The 320 is designed in an over-the-ear style and can be worn on either ear. The unit is definitely lightweight and compact, but we much prefer the ear-gels on the Plantronics 640.
The Explorer 320 has really only one control on the front. When pressed, it acts as a button to access certain features and when toggled from side to side, it adjusts the volume. Additionally, Plantronics have programmed the unit to emit sound tones with each different control press, so you'll know exactly what function you're accessing when wearing it. If you have the headset off, a small blue light on the side of the unit also acts an operational indicator.
There are only few options available on this device - answering/ending a call, rejecting a call, dialing the last number or activating voice dialing. These are all performed by holding down the small button for a certain duration. We had no problems at all in pairing the device or using it, and a quick once-over of the manual was all we needed to be comfortable with all the functions.
The feature we liked best on the Explorer 320 is a small one, but worth noting. If you perform a long key press, the headset automatically switches the call back to your mobile. A short key press will divert the call back to the headset.
We would recommend this device for anyone who hasn't used a Bluetooth headset before, or doesn't need a broad array of features. The package simply contains the Explorer 320 and an AC adapter - there are no wires, cables, CDs or accessories to speak of. The unit has an adequate 8 hours of talk time.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Belkin Introduces USB-C 3.1 Express Dock HD
- Porsche Design Huawei Mate 10 Will Come To Australia
- Boost Mobile Doubles Data Offering With New Summer Plans
- BlackBerry KEYone Black Launches in Australia
- HTC U11 Plus latest rumours: Release date, price and specs
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Apple TV 4K review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCDevOps Automation SME - Telco ClientVIC
- FTProgram Manager - Technology & EngineeringOther
- FTPMO Project Coordinator, Multiple projectsOther
- CCBusiness Analysts - agileACT
- FTService Desk Analyst - L1Other
- FTNetwork ArchitectNSW
- FTPerformance EngineerOther
- FTWeb Developer / ProducerOther
- CCCloud Test EngineerNSW
- FTMid-Level Drupal Developer (Brisbane Location)Other
- TPTechnical Lead (Office 365)QLD
- FTSplunk EngineerACT
- CCIntel IT ArchitectNSW
- CCIT Senior Business AnalystNSW
- CCLean Six Sigma Process Improvement Specialist - MELBOURNEQLD
- CCSenior Project manager - Telecom IndustryVIC
- FTSoftware DeveloperOther
- FTJunior-Mid Level Java DeveloperQLD
- FTAccount Management/Customer Service - MULTIPLE ROLESSA
- TPSenior Business Analyst - ASAP StartQLD
- FTData AnalystOther
- FTManager, PortfolioOther
- CCDevOps Engineer - AWS, Jenkins, GitVIC
- TPBusiness Continuity Senior Associate/ IT AuditNSW
- FTICT Cloud Transformation Program Coordinator - SAPOther