So, what do I want out of my next laptop and what must it include?
Plantronics Discovery 925
Looks and sounds great
- Design, simple operation, comfortable, excellent voice quality, carrying pouch doubles as a charger
- Volume could have been louder in some instances
The Discovery 925 is one of the best looking and best performing Bluetooth headsets to hit the market; the carrying pouch that doubles as a charger is a nice touch.
Price$ 199.00 (AUD)
As worn by the likes of Brooke Shields and Eva Longoria Parker, Plantronics' latest Bluetooth headset features unique VFrame design and comes packaged with a rechargeable case and AC and USB chargers. This latest Bluetooth headset isn't just for the ladies though, as its refreshing black and chrome design suits men just fine.
As much a fashion accessory as a convenient hands-free device, the Discovery 925's design definitely captures the eye. The thin, plastic design is striking; the gloss black and chrome colour scheme certainly gives this headset a touch of class. Plantronics claims the design isn't just about looks though, as the VFrame is structured to follow the contours of the face and draw the microphone closer to your mouth.
In addition to a stylish design, the Discovery 925's compact build also means it's comfortable to wear. Particularly interesting is what Plantronics has dubbed 'self-stabilising' ear tips — these clear rubber ear tips come in three different sizes and are comfortable to wear for long periods despite their unconventional design.
The Discovery 925 couldn't be easier to operate, as it features just two buttons — a large call handling key and a single volume control button. Pairing is a simple process: simply holding down the call handling button for a few seconds puts the unit in pairing mode, denoted by a flashing blue and red light sequence. From here, simply enter the default passcode into your mobile phone and the 925 is connected. You can answer and reject calls, transfer a call between your phone and the earpiece, redial the last number you called and use voice dialling (if your phone supports it).
Multipoint technology means you can use the Discovery 925 with two devices at the same time, which is great for those who carry two mobile phones. The headset knows which device you are using and switches accordingly. To save battery life, you can turn off the multipoint feature.
Call quality is excellent for most part; Plantronics claims this is largely due to its AudioIQ technology. This improves voice clarity, adjusting the incoming audio volume depending on the level of background noise. We found this worked quite well, although in some situations with minimal background noise the volume could have been a little louder. Outgoing voice quality is also excellent; the design of the microphone proved effective and our callers were impressed with both the volume and clarity of our voice.
A nice touch is the included leather carrying pouch that conveniently doubles as a charger. The case provides one full charge for the Discovery 925 before it needs to be charged itself — this is done by simply connecting the included AC adapter to the micro-USB connection at the bottom of the pouch.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 2 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Peak performance from a home entertainment heavyweight
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Oppo debut flagship Find X smartphone with almost no-bezels
- Google bring SMS to PCs with Android Messages for Desktop
- Vivo debut first 'zero-bezel' smartphone
- ZTE has to pay up before supply ban is scrapped
- Blackberry reveal KEY2 at NY launch event
PCW Evaluation Team
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
- Computex 2018: Everything you missed at Asia's biggest tech tradeshow
- Computex 2018: Nvidia launches new AI-focused hardware and software platforms
- Huawei P20 Pro review: See it and believe the hype
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies