Plantronics Discovery 925
Looks and sounds great
- Design, simple operation, comfortable, excellent voice quality, carrying pouch doubles as a charger
- Volume could have been louder in some instances
The Discovery 925 is one of the best looking and best performing Bluetooth headsets to hit the market; the carrying pouch that doubles as a charger is a nice touch.
Price$ 199.00 (AUD)
As worn by the likes of Brooke Shields and Eva Longoria Parker, Plantronics' latest Bluetooth headset features unique VFrame design and comes packaged with a rechargeable case and AC and USB chargers. This latest Bluetooth headset isn't just for the ladies though, as its refreshing black and chrome design suits men just fine.
As much a fashion accessory as a convenient hands-free device, the Discovery 925's design definitely captures the eye. The thin, plastic design is striking; the gloss black and chrome colour scheme certainly gives this headset a touch of class. Plantronics claims the design isn't just about looks though, as the VFrame is structured to follow the contours of the face and draw the microphone closer to your mouth.
In addition to a stylish design, the Discovery 925's compact build also means it's comfortable to wear. Particularly interesting is what Plantronics has dubbed 'self-stabilising' ear tips — these clear rubber ear tips come in three different sizes and are comfortable to wear for long periods despite their unconventional design.
The Discovery 925 couldn't be easier to operate, as it features just two buttons — a large call handling key and a single volume control button. Pairing is a simple process: simply holding down the call handling button for a few seconds puts the unit in pairing mode, denoted by a flashing blue and red light sequence. From here, simply enter the default passcode into your mobile phone and the 925 is connected. You can answer and reject calls, transfer a call between your phone and the earpiece, redial the last number you called and use voice dialling (if your phone supports it).
Multipoint technology means you can use the Discovery 925 with two devices at the same time, which is great for those who carry two mobile phones. The headset knows which device you are using and switches accordingly. To save battery life, you can turn off the multipoint feature.
Call quality is excellent for most part; Plantronics claims this is largely due to its AudioIQ technology. This improves voice clarity, adjusting the incoming audio volume depending on the level of background noise. We found this worked quite well, although in some situations with minimal background noise the volume could have been a little louder. Outgoing voice quality is also excellent; the design of the microphone proved effective and our callers were impressed with both the volume and clarity of our voice.
A nice touch is the included leather carrying pouch that conveniently doubles as a charger. The case provides one full charge for the Discovery 925 before it needs to be charged itself — this is done by simply connecting the included AC adapter to the micro-USB connection at the bottom of the pouch.
Join the newsletter!
cloudandco Smart Cane
Apple iPhone X
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Toys for Boys
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Bose SoundLink Micro
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Google Daydream View VR Headset
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Xbox One X
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Sony Commences Android 8.0 Oreo Rollout in New Zealand Starting With Flagship Xperia XZ Premium Smartphone Device
- Qualcomm adds security, battery life features to phone chips
- Cygnett’s new wireless charging range has arrived
- Belkin Introduces USB-C 3.1 Express Dock HD
- Porsche Design Huawei Mate 10 Will Come To Australia
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- LG V30+ Review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTCyber Security Threat Management SpecialistOther
- FTNetwork Architect - up to $800 per dayOther
- FTField Services TechnicianACT
- CCProgram ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTService Desk EngineerOther
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystOther
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-GenesysNSW
- FTProject Manager/Business AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Test Analyst - SiebelACT
- FTDevOps EngineerOther
- FTSenior Healthcare Pre-Sales Exec. / Clinical Advisor - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTAPI Developer | Back EndOther
- FTBusiness System Analyst | 6mth ContractOther
- FTAnalyst ProgrammerOther
- FTSenior Network ArchitectVIC
- FTTest ManagerACT
- CCRPA DeveloperVIC
- FTMultiple DevOps EngineersNSW
- FTDigital BAOther
- FTSQL DeveloperQLD
- FTSAP FI Functional SpecialistACT
- TPDigital Project Manager - SalesforceNSW
- FTGraduate Application Support OfficerOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - Change Management - Government backgroundOther