Plantronics Discovery 925
Looks and sounds great
- Design, simple operation, comfortable, excellent voice quality, carrying pouch doubles as a charger
- Volume could have been louder in some instances
The Discovery 925 is one of the best looking and best performing Bluetooth headsets to hit the market; the carrying pouch that doubles as a charger is a nice touch.
Price$ 199.00 (AUD)
As worn by the likes of Brooke Shields and Eva Longoria Parker, Plantronics' latest Bluetooth headset features unique VFrame design and comes packaged with a rechargeable case and AC and USB chargers. This latest Bluetooth headset isn't just for the ladies though, as its refreshing black and chrome design suits men just fine.
As much a fashion accessory as a convenient hands-free device, the Discovery 925's design definitely captures the eye. The thin, plastic design is striking; the gloss black and chrome colour scheme certainly gives this headset a touch of class. Plantronics claims the design isn't just about looks though, as the VFrame is structured to follow the contours of the face and draw the microphone closer to your mouth.
In addition to a stylish design, the Discovery 925's compact build also means it's comfortable to wear. Particularly interesting is what Plantronics has dubbed 'self-stabilising' ear tips — these clear rubber ear tips come in three different sizes and are comfortable to wear for long periods despite their unconventional design.
The Discovery 925 couldn't be easier to operate, as it features just two buttons — a large call handling key and a single volume control button. Pairing is a simple process: simply holding down the call handling button for a few seconds puts the unit in pairing mode, denoted by a flashing blue and red light sequence. From here, simply enter the default passcode into your mobile phone and the 925 is connected. You can answer and reject calls, transfer a call between your phone and the earpiece, redial the last number you called and use voice dialling (if your phone supports it).
Multipoint technology means you can use the Discovery 925 with two devices at the same time, which is great for those who carry two mobile phones. The headset knows which device you are using and switches accordingly. To save battery life, you can turn off the multipoint feature.
Call quality is excellent for most part; Plantronics claims this is largely due to its AudioIQ technology. This improves voice clarity, adjusting the incoming audio volume depending on the level of background noise. We found this worked quite well, although in some situations with minimal background noise the volume could have been a little louder. Outgoing voice quality is also excellent; the design of the microphone proved effective and our callers were impressed with both the volume and clarity of our voice.
A nice touch is the included leather carrying pouch that conveniently doubles as a charger. The case provides one full charge for the Discovery 925 before it needs to be charged itself — this is done by simply connecting the included AC adapter to the micro-USB connection at the bottom of the pouch.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 3 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 4 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Panasonic launches new Windows powered Toughpad
- Oppo release limited Barcelona FC version of R11 flagship
- 3SIXT Reveals iPhone X Offering
- ALDI Mobile Ups Stakes in the Telco Industry
- Tech21 Unveils New Phone Protection for Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- TPPHP DeveloperWA
- TPXamarin DeveloperNSW
- CCProject SAP Asset CoordinatorNSW
- CCWintel Engineer - BrisbaneVIC
- FTDigital DesignerOther
- FTSr SQL Developer/Data Migration SpecialistOther
- CCIT Portfolio Management AnalystWA
- FTSenior Asset Information OfficerOther
- FTSenior Technical Business AnalystACT
- TPSenior Project Manager (CRIM)VIC
- CCMultiple Hadoop Developers Canberra, Brisbane, Melbourne or AdelaideSA
- FTMid Level UX DesignerOther
- CCPMO Resource ManagerNSW
- FTNetwork Security ConsultantOther
- FTJunior .NET DeveloperOther
- FTInfrastructure Solution Designer l Skype for Business SolutionsNSW
- FTAgile Business Analyst, MarketingOther
- CCCRM Support DeveloperWA
- TPTeam Leader - Software DevelopmentQLD
- FTMid - Senior Web DeveloperWA
- FTInside Sales SMSF SolutionsOther
- CCSenior Process AnalystNSW
- FTEnterprise Application AdministratorQLD