Plantronics Discovery 925
Looks and sounds great
- Design, simple operation, comfortable, excellent voice quality, carrying pouch doubles as a charger
- Volume could have been louder in some instances
The Discovery 925 is one of the best looking and best performing Bluetooth headsets to hit the market; the carrying pouch that doubles as a charger is a nice touch.
Price$ 199.00 (AUD)
As worn by the likes of Brooke Shields and Eva Longoria Parker, Plantronics' latest Bluetooth headset features unique VFrame design and comes packaged with a rechargeable case and AC and USB chargers. This latest Bluetooth headset isn't just for the ladies though, as its refreshing black and chrome design suits men just fine.
As much a fashion accessory as a convenient hands-free device, the Discovery 925's design definitely captures the eye. The thin, plastic design is striking; the gloss black and chrome colour scheme certainly gives this headset a touch of class. Plantronics claims the design isn't just about looks though, as the VFrame is structured to follow the contours of the face and draw the microphone closer to your mouth.
In addition to a stylish design, the Discovery 925's compact build also means it's comfortable to wear. Particularly interesting is what Plantronics has dubbed 'self-stabilising' ear tips — these clear rubber ear tips come in three different sizes and are comfortable to wear for long periods despite their unconventional design.
The Discovery 925 couldn't be easier to operate, as it features just two buttons — a large call handling key and a single volume control button. Pairing is a simple process: simply holding down the call handling button for a few seconds puts the unit in pairing mode, denoted by a flashing blue and red light sequence. From here, simply enter the default passcode into your mobile phone and the 925 is connected. You can answer and reject calls, transfer a call between your phone and the earpiece, redial the last number you called and use voice dialling (if your phone supports it).
Multipoint technology means you can use the Discovery 925 with two devices at the same time, which is great for those who carry two mobile phones. The headset knows which device you are using and switches accordingly. To save battery life, you can turn off the multipoint feature.
Call quality is excellent for most part; Plantronics claims this is largely due to its AudioIQ technology. This improves voice clarity, adjusting the incoming audio volume depending on the level of background noise. We found this worked quite well, although in some situations with minimal background noise the volume could have been a little louder. Outgoing voice quality is also excellent; the design of the microphone proved effective and our callers were impressed with both the volume and clarity of our voice.
A nice touch is the included leather carrying pouch that conveniently doubles as a charger. The case provides one full charge for the Discovery 925 before it needs to be charged itself — this is done by simply connecting the included AC adapter to the micro-USB connection at the bottom of the pouch.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 3 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 4 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Google wants to solve the Android update problem once and for all with Project Treble
- Intel concerned about name of John McAfee’s privacy phone
- Low-cost Android phones to get iPhone features with new Qualcomm chips
- Qualcomm's Quick Charge 4 is coming in phones midyear
- Apple's next iPhones may cut corners on memory due to price squeeze
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTDigital Developer | LAMP Stack | Digital AgencyNSW
- CCABAP ConsultantACT
- CCProject Manager Information ManagementQLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer - BRISBANEWA
- CCBlue Prism DeveloperVIC
- TPBI ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior System EngineerNSW
- CCWintel Server EngineerNSW
- FTSystem Engineer - VMWare, UCS, NetAppVIC
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Support EngineerNSW
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksACT
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperQLD
- TPSenior Java Developer - Contract till June 2018QLD
- CCGIS Consultant/ Developer - BRISBANEQLD
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - WintelNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- FTDigital ProducerNSW
- CCSolution Designer with PEGA experience- TelcoVIC
- FTSharepoint DeveloperQLD
- CCPega DeveloperSA
- FTSharePoint Technical Business AnalystQLD
- FTIntermediate Project ManagerQLD