Plantronics .Audio 995 wireless headphones
These wireless headphones have good range and decent sound quality
- Good microphone, comfortable for on-ear headphones, good range and battery life
- No 3.5mm connection option, inferior sound to wired headphones
If you value mobility over sound quality, the Plantronics .Audio 995 wireless headset is a great option. We never experienced audio break-up, and the decent sound quality and good microphone made voice communication a breeze.
Price$ 199.95 (AUD)
Plantronics' .Audio 995 is a pair of wireless headphones that connect to a Windows or Mac OS computer via USB. This headset is comfortable to wear for long periods, with a clear microphone and decent sound quality making it well suited to voice chatting.
Following slightly different design cues to the Plantronics GameCom series, the .Audio 955 uses Plantronics' standard black plastic with silver accents for the ear-cups, while the head-band’s padding and ear-pads are covered in a soft, perforated faux-leather. It's not going to win any awards for the materials used in their construction, but this headset is nonetheless sturdy and well built.
The .Audio series misses out on the GameCom’s hidden microphone, but the boom mic automatically mutes when swung up out of the way. Sound from the microphone is clear enough for Skype calls and in-game voice chat — it would be passable for limited recording work although it’s no match for a dedicated setup.
The left ear-cup of the Plantronics .Audio 955 houses the power button, a USB port for charging the internal battery and four buttons for skipping tracks and volume control. Rather than altering the power level of the headphones, adjusting the volume changes Windows volume settings. With the headphones always at a specific volume, battery life is consistent with around 4 hours from a full charge.
The .Audio 995 headset is compatible with both Windows and recent versions of Mac OS. Installation is painless, with no proprietary software required; it takes under 30 seconds.
The range is as good if not better than other wireless headphones we’ve tested, functioning free of distortion or interference over 10 metres away from the USB dongle. The headphones will shut off after a short time if out of range of the receiver.
Sound quality is acceptable given the small on-ear design and wireless transmission format; a wired headphone jack would have helped us assess how much the wireless streaming affected sound. Bass and treble are slightly recessed, with mid-range being more audible and prominent. We suspect this is a conscious decision given the headset is bent towards voice communication — movie dialogue and voice chatting is certainly clear and detailed. The headphones are consistent in their audio reproduction even at higher volumes — in loud environments we were still able to hear voice and music in our testing.
Wireless headphones always carry a significant price premium, and the Plantronics .Audio 955 headset isn't any different. It's not unreasonably expensive, though. If you need a pair of efficient wireless headphones the Plantronics .Audio 955 is a good choice.
Join the newsletter!
cloudandco Smart Cane
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Apple iPhone X
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Toys for Boys
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Bose SoundLink Micro
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Xbox One X
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Settings in iOS 10: Every notable change you need to know
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Toshiba's new SSD line features rock-bottom pricing
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review: A port worthy of PC gaming's mightiest rigs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCMid - Level SAP Test Analyst (Brisbane)WA
- FTMarketing Operations ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Technology Specialist (Networks)Other
- FTAdvice Trainer / AdministratorOther
- CCSAS DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity Analyst - Operational SupportOther
- CCJunior to Mid Level - Java/ J2EE Developer (Brisbane)Other
- FTWeb Developer / ProducerOther
- CCSenior Application SpecialistNSW
- TPIT Sourcing SpecialistQLD
- TPICT Strategic Sourcing SpecialistQLD
- FTSolution Architect - API / SaaSOther
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTInformation Security ConsultantQLD
- FTSystem AnalystVIC
- TPProject Manager - Pre Sales Development ProcessNSW
- FTOperations Process Improvement ManagerOther
- TPIT Business AnalystNSW
- FTService Team LeaderACT
- FTSenior Solution ArchitectOther
- FTDigital Transformation Architect - TelcoVIC
- FTService Desk EngineerOther
- CCDevelopers ? Multiple opportunities (Brisbane)VIC
- FTService Provider Manager - Asset ManagementOther
- CCIT Specialist - System ServicesNSW