This month, two PC World readers are going to be the lucky recipients of Huawei’s latest smartwatch, the HUAWEI WATCH GT 2 Pro, valued at $499.
EasyBook Photo Book
Easy to use photobook-creation software
- Easy to use, free
- Nothing of note
In a crowded market, Pixum EasyBook Photo Book is similar to the software provided by competitors such as Blurb, so we shouldn’t be too effusive. But in terms of ease of use and creative options, it's hard to imagine it being beaten.
Pixum sets itself apart from other online photo-printing services with an awesome array of printing format options, and free, easy to use photobook-creation software.
Pixum's EasyBook Photo Book software works with Windows PCs, as well as Intel-based Macs running OS X 10.5, and Linux systems. We tested the Windows version.
You get a choice of four different portrait or landscape formats, ranging from 21x28cm, down to 14x13cm. And you select a variety of cover finishes and bindings. Images are resized to at least 360dpi, to maintain picture quality.
User support is the name of the game — the EasyBook Assistant creates good-looking photobooks with barely any user interaction, grouping pictures by metadata. Select an image folder and your pagination, and the software populates the book. This works well and is a real time-saver.
But it's your photobook, and you want to get creative. EasyBook obliges. Create a photobook sans Assistant and you're presented with a tri-pane window. To the left is a file explorer to locate images, as well as a design selector tab, and pagination and layout controls. The number of potential design options is staggering. The interface is beautifully laid out, and easy to use.
The top pane allows you to select a page to work on and the central window previews your book in all its glory, spread by spread. Adding, moving, rotating and resizing pictures is a case of drag-and-drop, as is inputting text. Options are plentiful, but you can always choose just how much input you want to have.
That's if you have the talent and inclination to go for it. But non-designers need not worry. Even without the Assistant, EasyBook is intuitive beyond compare. You can save your project at any time in the .mcf (Media Container Format) file format, so if you don't print it, you can still save your endeavours and it won't cost a penny — but you won't be able to print it with anyone other than Pixum.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Razer Naga Trinity review: The last best MMO gaming mouse
- 2 Dynabook Portégé X30W-J – a very good all-rounder
- 3 Google Pixel 5 Review: Soft Reboot
- 4 Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- 5 Samsung Galaxy Z Flip review: Killer form-factor, lethal price-tag
Latest News Articles
- Starlink Internet to be deployed in outback Aussie school
- Got Spotify for desktop? You can now download songs for offline playback
- Amazon's revamped Alexa Voice Remote for Fire TV adds shortcuts to Netflix, Disney+
- Spotify will roll out CD-quality audio streams later this year
- Amazon’s new Echo Show 10 and its rotating display will finally ship on Feburary 25
PCW Evaluation Team
Ultimately this laptop has achieved everything I would hope for in a laptop for work, while fitting that into a form factor and weight that is remarkable.
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
- Best Amazon Prime Day deals for Australia in 2021
- Six headphone deals to consider for Australia's EOFY 2021
- Best Australian EOFY 2021 Laptop Deals
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies