CCleaner doesn't try to be a comprehensive answer to system performance.
- Won't suit people looking for a comprehensive answer to system performance
If you want a package that will do it all, this isn't it. If you just want to get the junk off of your hard drive and out of your Registry, CCleaner will do it -- for free.
CCleaner doesn't try to be a comprehensive answer to system performance. Instead, it's a freeware solution intended to clean junk out of your PC's registry and off your disk. It will also protect your browsing privacy by erasing your browser's history files. That's it.
What's nice about CCleaner is that it just does what it says. You don't have to deal with functions you don't need, and won't get lost in complexity.
With CCleaner, you load the program, run an analysis to see what the program thinks you can do without, make any changes, and let it go. It's fast and effective.
However, you do have to know something about Windows. For example, CCleaner will clear out all cookies that websites place on your computer, and it will give you a list of proposed deletions that you can edit. However, you need to know which cookies are important.
It's a long list, but fortunately, CCleaner remembers your choices from one use to the next.
CCleaner is able to analyse your registry and remove unwanted entries. Like other products here, it didn't get everything on the first pass - CCleaner found 1029 registry issues, but it took three passes to do so.
Unlike others, CCleaner doesn't provide a report of exactly how much it found, although it does tell you what it proposes to do, and later what it did, useful in case something goes wrong.
CCleaner has capabilities that you won't find in other packages, including the ability to run the program from the command line and to run in the background.
CCleaner also includes a software uninstaller. Microsoft includes an Add or Remove Programs option in Windows' Control Panel. But CCleaner will uninstall programs that Windows won't - a real help when a program is partially uninstalled and leaves junk behind in its wake. The interface isn't fancy, but it is clear.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- AMD Radeon Pro Graphics powers Amazon Web Services AppStream 2.0
- Trend Micro Strengthens its Security Offerings in Trend Micro Security
- Billions of devices at risk as Bluetooth-bourne vulnerability exposed
- Here's the Apple macOS High Sierra release date
- Adobe and Microsoft expand productivity partnership
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- TPAurion Business AnalystQLD
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- CCApplication Developer - Sterling IntegratorVIC
- FTERP ConsultantQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerOther
- FTSenior Project Manager (Telecommunications)Other
- TPSAP Process ControlQLD
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerOther
- TPSharePoint Business AnalystVIC
- FTCloud/Infrastructure SpecialistVIC
- FTLevel 3 Application Support EngineerQLD
- TPMessaging EngineerQLD
- FTUnix/AIX AdministratorOther
- FTBI - Business Intelligence, Analytics specialists & ArchitectsOther
- FTFront End UI Web DeveloperOther
- TPSolution Architect - Networks & SecurityQLD
- FTEmail Campaign Production SpecialistOther
- FTBusiness Transformation ConsultantOther
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- TPFront End DeveloperQLD
- FTApplication Support Maintenance & Patching AnalystOther
- FTEnterprise Application AdministratorQLD
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther
- FTProgram ManagerNSW