Pioneer Computers Australia Power Notebook 470K
Pioneer Power Notebook 470K
- Digital TV tuner
- It's heavy
A nice laptop but a little on the heavy side.
Price$ 3,499.00 (AUD)
The Pioneer Power Notebook 470K is bundled with a USB-based standard definition digital TV tuner and remote. Cyberlink PowerCinema 3 is supplied, complete with its own remote control to watch and record TV, create photo slide shows and listen to music. Such features, combined with the 470K's ability to use your TV as a display (using its S-Video TV-out), make for an almost Media Center PC-like experience.
This hefty, 4.1kg notebook features a 17" display, capable of a resolution or 2048 x 1536. It has a 128MB DDR ATI Mobility Radeon graphics controller. The 470K also includes a 640 x 480 CCD Web camera integrated into the bezel. The notebook's multi-card reader helps get photos from your digital camera.
The 470K comes with Easy CD/DVD creator and Power DVD for watching movies, plus WordPerfect Office for productivity.
It has 5.1 channel S/PDIF audio output. At the time of writing, Pioneer was also including a set of Creative Inspire 5.1 5100 speakers in the bundle. Pioneer was also offering a free upgrade to an 8X DVD-/+ RW drive. The 470K includes standard connectivity options such as Ethernet and a 56Kbps modem. Wi-Fi is optional.
The AMD Athlon64-M 3400+ processor operates in conjunction with 512MB of DDR SDRAM and a 60GB hard disk.
A one-year on-site (one year parts, three years labour) warranty is standard, with optional upgrades available.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A5Xs review: Cutting corners
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Xiro Drone Xplorer V by Rapoo review
- 5 Bradley Digital Smoker review: Make a great barbecue even better
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft slash 15% off the Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3
- Huawei's new Matebook D14 is even cheaper on Amazon right now
- Huawei hold their own with new Matebook laptops
- Razer refresh Blade lineup with 300Hz screens and 10th Gen Core processors
- Tile connectivity is coming to the next generation of Intel laptops
PCW Evaluation Team
Ultimately this laptop has achieved everything I would hope for in a laptop for work, while fitting that into a form factor and weight that is remarkable.
I highly recommend the Dynabook Portégé® X30L-G notebook for everyday business use, it is a benchmark setting notebook of its generation in the lightweight category.
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Soundbars: Why they’re worth it and which one should you buy
- Buying a laptop this EOFY? Here's a cheat sheet
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies