Pioneer Computers Australia DreamBook Power 870P
- Performance, TV Tuner, warranty
- Weight, battery
An great model but for the price you'd still expect a little more.
Price$ 4,599.00 (AUD)
The 870P's features include (big breath here): a 3.4GHz P4 processor, two 60GB 7200rpm hard disks in RAID configuration, 256MB Mobility Radeon 9700 graphics controller, multi-card reader plus built-in 640 x 480 pixel CCD Web camera and analog TV tuner.
The TV tuner comes with mini-antenna and infrared remote control. It also ships with Cyberlink PowerCinema 3's separate remote control to watch and record TV, create photo slide shows and listen to music.
The 870P includes 2GB of dual-channel 400MHz DDR SDRAM. The 870P also has Gigabit Ethernet, but not wireless networking.
Its graphics performance was very strong--11,454 points scored in the 3DMark 2001 benchmark, and Unreal Tournament 2003 testing returned 143fps in the Face3 map and 81fps for the Inferno map.
It's good to see Pioneer back the 870P with a three-year on-site warranty, and, at the time of writing, throw in a set of Creative Inspire 5.1 5100 speakers and offer a free upgrade to an 8X DVD-/+ RW drive.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixelbook, Google Home Mini & Max: Everything Announced At Today’s Google Event
- MSI GE73 7RF VR Raider Gaming Laptop: Full, in-depth review
- Traditional Aussie PC market defies global downward trend again
- Acer expands gaming notebook lineup with Predator Helios 300
- ASUS Announces Two New Entries into the VivoBook Range with the VivoBook 14 and VivoBook 15
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- iPhone 8
- Canon 6D MK II: Full, in-depth review
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBusiness Analyst - Accounting / Financial DataOther
- CCBusiness Analyst - Multiple RolesACT
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTPython Developer - FinTech/TradingOther
- CCSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerVIC
- FTService Desk Level 2 Support ConsultantOther
- CCSCCM EngineerNSW
- TP.NET DeveloperWA
- CCMessageQueue/DataPower AdministratorVIC
- CCFunctional TesterVIC
- FTAgile Business Analyst, CXOther
- FTDelivery ManagerVIC
- CCMiddleware SpecialistNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- CCContent WriterNSW
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- FTIntegration Developer (WebSphere)Other
- FTPre Sales Architect - Cyber SecurityACT
- FTGovernance Manager (Systems Assurance)Other
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- TPCRM Project ManagerQLD
- FTPermanent Project ManagersACT
- CCSite Support Officer - FIFO - Cape PrestonWA