Pioneer Computers Australia CentriNote 805
- Lightweight, high performance
- No shortcut buttons
This is an interesting and well-constructed notebook from Pioneer.
Price$ 1,899.00 (AUD)
The CentriNote 805 is a Centrino-branded notebook model. Its core specifications include Intel's new Dothan Pentium M CPU (with 2MB L2 cache and a 400MHz frontside bus) running at 1.7GHz along with 512MB of DDR SDRAM, a 60GB Hitachi hard disk and a multiformat DVD writer drive. Its wide-aspect 15.4" display has a maximum resolution of 1280 x 800, and is driven by a 128MB DDR ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 graphics controller.
The front fascia of the 805 is where the FireWire, audio jacks and multi-card reader are located, just near the lid latch and cursor touchpad.
On the left-hand side you'll find a VGA-out connection for an external monitor, S-Video TV-output, a PC Card slot (supporting one Type I/II card) and one USB slot. A 56Kbps modem, Ethernet connection and 802.11b/g wireless networking are also built-in.
The machine's back spine is quite bare with just two USB ports one power port and one Kensington lock port, while the right-hand side simply features the optical drive.
One of this machine's greatest strengths is its slimline design and weight of just 2.9kg. Battery life could have been better (it lasted just 62 minutes in our worst case scenario tests), but its application performance was among the highest you'd find at this price. This notebook is another strong all-rounder from Pioneer, but it has just a one-year warranty (although this includes on-site service and covers three years of labour).
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- MSI GE73 7RF VR Raider Gaming Laptop: Full, in-depth review
- Traditional Aussie PC market defies global downward trend again
- Acer expands gaming notebook lineup with Predator Helios 300
- ASUS Announces Two New Entries into the VivoBook Range with the VivoBook 14 and VivoBook 15
- Hands-on: MSI's GT75VR Titan brings high-end HDR display tech to a gaming laptop
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTRelease Coordinator - Fixed TermOther
- FTIT Sales ManagerVIC
- FTJunior-Mid level .Net/Front-End DeveloperQLD
- FTAccount ManagerOther
- FTSenior Project Manager - BI/DWOther
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCApplication Solution Designer (Automation)NSW
- FTRESTful services - Senior Tech LeadACT
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCReporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCBusiness / Systems AnalystNSW
- FTSenior System AdministratorVIC
- FTProject CoordinatorOther
- FTUser Experience (UX) SpecialistACT
- CCProject Manager - Go to Market programVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst (Large System Transformation Project)Other
- FTBig Data DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther
- CCProgram Manager - Telco O2AVIC
- TPScrum MasterNSW
- CCCloud Engineer - AzureVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/DeveloperVIC
- FTInfrastructure Engineer - POS/DesktopOther