- User friendly, easily programmable, commercial skip
- No memory card slot
While not quite as heavy duty as some hard disk DVD recorders, the pioneer DVR-720H is more user friendly than most.
Price$ 1,099.00 (AUD)
The 160GB Pioneer DVR-720H has enough hard drive capacity to store 34 hours of TV at the best-quality recording setting, or up to 204 hours at the lowest.
Where the 720H really scores is in user friendliness. For example, hitting the play button on the remote automatically plays your last recording, be it from the hard drive or the DVD. And there's an easy-timer recorder button on the remote that lets you set a same-day timer recording in seconds using a slider (there's also a more conventional screen for setting multiple recordings up in advance, as well as G-Code support). It's the easiest solution I've come across outside of an electronic programming guide supplied directly by a broadcaster.
The DVR-720H's remote comes festooned with buttons. It looks intimidating to begin with, but having dedicated buttons for different functions helps keep things simple. Another nice touch is a dedicated fast-forward button for skipping ahead in 30-second increments, or back in 15 second blocks.
Join the newsletter!
Bringing VR out of office and study spaces will serve to help it attract the new audiences it needs to continue growing
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung’s Next TV is a Real Frame-Changer
- Express Your Style With Ultimate Ears WONDERBOOM Freestyle Collection
- HomePod review roundup: 'Room filling,' 'best-in-class' sound, but Siri is 'embarrassingly inadequate'
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Apple confirm $499 HomePod for February 9th launch
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Which 2018 Smart Speaker Should I Buy
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSCRUM MasterOther
- FTDBA / Database Administrator / Data Migration AnalystOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTAgile CoachOther
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTNetwork Support Engineer - Level 2/3NSW
- CCFull Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- TPService Desk AnalystQLD
- FTLead Project Manager -Office Fit out & AccommodationOther
- CCPortfolio / Project Coordinator - BrisbaneVIC
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSoftware Configuration ManagerACT
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaOther
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Wealth & Fund Management ApplicationsOther
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Technical Business AnalystOther
- TPProject Manager - Learning SystemsQLD
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- FTSQL DeveloperOther
- CCCyber Security Business AnalystNSW