Pioneer BDP-LX54 3D Blu-ray player (preview)
This 3D Blu-ray player can be controlled by an iPhone, and has a scratchproof design
- Looks awesome, full suite of 3D playback gizmos, it's armoured!
- It's $100 more expensive than the BDP-430 - for what?
The Pioneer BDP-LX54 is part of Pioneer's luxury range, and it looks the part. It's pricier than the BDP-430, but if styling and flashy lights are your thing the BDP-LX54 is a definite pleaser.
Price$ 599.00 (AUD)
The newly-announced Pioneer BDP-LX54 joins the Pioneer BDP-430 in Panasonic's 3D Blu-ray line-up. The company doesn't have any other 3D products — after 2009's ups and downs, it doesn't even have any plasma TVs. The BDP-LX54 is the top model, and it's almost identical to the cheaper BDP-430. So what's the extra $100 for?
To be honest, a lot of the price is probably made up with Pioneer's LX tax. The luxury line of products are styled similarly with high quality materials, so you can match your home theatre components to each other. Pioneer says the BDP-LX54 has an 'armoured chassis', so you might even be able to take it through a war zone. The rest of your Nellie Melba goes to pay for gold-plated terminals and a funky blue backlight.
Like the BDP-430, the Pioneer BDP-LX54 can be controlled via an iPhone through Pioneer's iControlAV app. This is a cool feature that iPhone junkies will love, and competitors like Samsung, Sony, Panasonic and LG are sorely lacking.
We'll get our hands on the BDP-LX54 soon and give it a full run-through.
Join the newsletter!
Bitdefender’s best-in-class security solutions have been awarded Product of the Year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- What is a DXOMark Score?
- B&O Launches The Spring/Summer 2018 Collection
- Telstra Sets New Smartphone Speed Record on Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+
- Interview - Netgear CEO Patrick Lo talks eSports, the NBN and why mesh is the smartphone of home Wi-Fi
- Microsoft: Windows 10's installation time will be short enough for your lunch break
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- MWC 2018: Everything You Need To Know
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCCloud Network EngineerVIC
- TPEnterprise Architect | QLD Health | $1173/day | BrisbaneNSW
- TPCloud DevOps EngineerNSW
- FTIT Helpdesk AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical Project Manager - BankingVIC
- TPSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- FTHelp desk Support AnalystOther
- FTTechnical BA/Scrum MasterOther
- FTSystems Administrator- Trim / EDRMSOther
- FTInstructional DesignerOther
- CCData Migration lead - Energy and GasVIC
- TPProject Manager - Governance and L&DQLD
- FTSAP Test AnalystsACT
- FTSecurity EngineerNSW
- FTSoftware EngineerOther
- FTSecurity Operations SpecialistOther
- FTService Now Alfabet integration specialistOther
- TPWeb DeveloperQLD
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTUX Design Manager (Urgent!!)Other
- FTDigital Product OwnerOther
- FTTechnical Lead UnixOther
- FTProject ManagerOther
- FTSolutions ArchitectOther