Pioneer BDP-LX54 3D Blu-ray player (preview)
This 3D Blu-ray player can be controlled by an iPhone, and has a scratchproof design
- Looks awesome, full suite of 3D playback gizmos, it's armoured!
- It's $100 more expensive than the BDP-430 - for what?
The Pioneer BDP-LX54 is part of Pioneer's luxury range, and it looks the part. It's pricier than the BDP-430, but if styling and flashy lights are your thing the BDP-LX54 is a definite pleaser.
Price$ 599.00 (AUD)
The newly-announced Pioneer BDP-LX54 joins the Pioneer BDP-430 in Panasonic's 3D Blu-ray line-up. The company doesn't have any other 3D products — after 2009's ups and downs, it doesn't even have any plasma TVs. The BDP-LX54 is the top model, and it's almost identical to the cheaper BDP-430. So what's the extra $100 for?
To be honest, a lot of the price is probably made up with Pioneer's LX tax. The luxury line of products are styled similarly with high quality materials, so you can match your home theatre components to each other. Pioneer says the BDP-LX54 has an 'armoured chassis', so you might even be able to take it through a war zone. The rest of your Nellie Melba goes to pay for gold-plated terminals and a funky blue backlight.
Like the BDP-430, the Pioneer BDP-LX54 can be controlled via an iPhone through Pioneer's iControlAV app. This is a cool feature that iPhone junkies will love, and competitors like Samsung, Sony, Panasonic and LG are sorely lacking.
We'll get our hands on the BDP-LX54 soon and give it a full run-through.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Sonos reveals Sonos One, an Alexa-enabled speaker that will support AirPlay 2 and Google Assistant
- Bose Introduces Tiny New Bluetooth Speaker
- iPhone X, Apple Watch Series 3 and Apple TV 4K: Everything Announced At Today’s Apple Keynote
- Sony launches MUTEKI V90DW High Power Audio System
- Plex Cloud is now open to all paid users
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSAP HR / Payroll AnalystQLD
- CCSupport Specialist MQ and ESB AdministrationNSW
- CCLead Service DesignerACT
- FTMicrosoft CRM Dynamics Consultant (Mid level)Other
- FTLevel 3 Desktop EngineerOther
- CCPartner Marketing ManagerNSW
- CCSAP FICO ConsultantWA
- FTDigital Transformation Architect - TelcoVIC
- FTGraduate Software Developer - Front EndWA
- FTDevOps Support EngineerOther
- TPBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Banking SolutionsOther
- FTMarketing CoordinatorOther
- FTData Centre EngineerOther
- FTJava DevelopersSA
- CCProject Manager - Network Assurance - TelcoVIC
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystNSW
- FTScrum Master, Marketing ProgramOther
- FTData EngineerOther
- CCJunior Test AnalystACT
- TPTest Automation ProgrammerNSW
- FTIT Audit ManagerNSW
- FTIT Service Delivery ManagerOther
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- TPBusiness Improvement ManagerNSW