Pinnacle Studio Plus 9
An intuitive editing package for the consumer, made better with the addition of several key features.
Price$ 249.00 (AUD)
Anyone familiar with Pinnacle Studio 9 will know that it's one of the most accessible consumer video editors available, but has notably lacked key features found in competing products. These limitations have now (largely) been addressed with the release of Studio Plus 9, a beefed-up and more capable version of its predecessor.
The main improvement is the addition of a second video track. Previously, you could only place still images like titles or logos over your main video. Studio Plus 9 now lets you embed/overlay a second video sequence within the first, and has a new picture-in-picture (PiP) tool that lets you tweak the size, position, transparency and border of this effect to suit.
Alongside this tool, and bringing Studio Plus 9 in line with competing products from Sony, Adobe and Roxio, is the new chroma key feature, which lets you create composite images by removing a specific background colour (typically a blue or green screen) - though you shouldn't expect too much from this tool. Finally, Pinnacle has brought more advanced still image handling to Studio Plus 9, including zoom and pan tools (much like Ulead's VideoStudio 8), in conjunction with rotation and red-eye removal. These effects are "keyframeable", but Pinnacle has added a twist by allowing you to quickly copy the end points of the preceding clip and apply them to the next, which makes building pan/zoom sequences with stills a lot simpler.
It's still a little expensive compared to the rest of the consumer products on the market, but retains the ease-of-use and feature set that made its predecessor so popular.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Transport for NSW boosts digital experience with Amazon Alexa
- Irdeto Acquires Denuvo
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Is My Smart Speaker Always Listening?
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCProject Coordinator / Junior Project ManagerNSW
- FTHR Business PartnerOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - PERMANENT -Other
- CCUnix AdminNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Cyber Security TransformationOther
- CCSoftware Engineer /.NET Developer - based in PerthWA
- FTUI / UX Junior AnalystNSW
- CCRequirements AnalystACT
- FTPMO ManagerNSW
- FTControl Systems SpecialistSA
- TPPrincipal Project Officer - HealthQLD
- CCTririga DeveloperVIC
- FTNetwork Services ManagerOther
- FTAWS AdministratorNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- TPProcurement ManagerACT
- FTOBIEE DeveloperACT
- FTGraduate Project CoordinatorVIC
- TPLinux Automation EngineerQLD
- FTNetwork Support Engineer - Level 2/3NSW
- CCScrum Master Lead - Online DigitalVIC
- CCProject AdministratorNSW
- FTTechnical BA/Scrum MasterOther
- CCDigital DesignerNSW
- FTProject ManagerNSW