- Sonic Vibes System--force feedback for your ears
- Audio a little flat, not entirely comfortable
Interesting headphones designed specifically for gamers. Imperfect highest audio quality compensated for by an interesting force feedback system.
Price$ 149.95 (AUD)
Designed specifically for the console or PC gamer, Philips' SHG8050 headphones have some unique features designed specifically to make game audio that much more interesting. These are the headphones that you take to LAN parties, to jack the volume up to max while blowing away your friends in Counter Strike.
The most unusual thing about these headphones is what Philips calls the "Sonic Vibes System". This is effectively a force feedback for your ears--it makes the headphones vibrate whenever low-pitch, high-volume sounds are due to appear. It a weird effect, a little ticklish, and mostly unsuitable for listening to music. When playing action games, or watching action movies (especially with lots of explosions), the effect wasn't at all bad--a little strange, but something that one could get used to.
For the Sonic Vibes System to work, the headphones require the use of a single AAA battery. Unfortunately, the headphones don't work at all without the battery, but you can effectively turn the Sonic Vibes down when your ears can't take it anymore. There's also an integral volume control.
Sadly, we didn't find the headphones all that comfortable. They're lightweight, and you'll hardly know that they're on top of your head, but rather than closed cups they have flat pads that squash ears rather than fit around them. The audio quality of the headphones was not earth shattering, but it would be suitable for all but the most discerning headphone buyers. The bass and treble were a little flat, but the Sonic Vibes System can sometimes make you forget about the slightly flat bass.
The headphones fold up and slip into the compact supplied carry pouch, making for easy transport when you want to take them to a friend's place.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Jaybird go true wireless with new RUN earbuds
- HyperX Reveals Next Generation Cloud Alpha Gaming Headset
- Jabra upgrade their Elite Sport wireless earbuds
- Everything Samsung Just Announced At IFA 2017
- Apple's AirPods could deliver audio with multiple wireless protocols
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst- Data Analytics & banking backgroundOther
- CCSenior SQL DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical writerNSW
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- CCFilenet Developer - BrisbaneQLD
- CCLevel 2-3 Desktop SupportWA
- FTPEGA ArchitectOther
- CCProject MangerNSW
- FTProject Manager | Intelligent Transport Software DeliveryOther
- FTDeputy Chief Engineer - Defence Systems - IT Services - Sydney BasedNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCLinux AdministratorNSW
- CCAWS DevOps Engineer - BrisbaneQLD
- CCApplication Solution Designer (Automation)NSW
- FTC++ Analyst ProgrammerOther
- FTNetwork Engineer - Technical WriterOther
- FTSAP PM Functional ConsultantOther
- FTDigital Customer Experience Manager - CXOther
- CCLinux & Windows Systems Engineer - BrisbaneQLD
- CCSenior Process AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Network DesignerVIC
- FTDigital DesignerOther
- FTOracle DB & Python DeveloperVIC