- Nothing to speak of.
- Does not work very well at all.
The Philips HC200 are a very average set of headphones that performed poorly and should be avoided.
Price$ 119.95 (AUD)
Why any company would honestly release a set of infra red headphones is puzzling. Infrared is the lowest quality wireless format available and so last decade. The Philips HC200 Rechargeable Infrared headphones are a complete waste of time in our opinion. They are woefully inadequate for listening to any music source and don't work very well at all.
From a design standpoint, they are rather attractive and sit comfortably on the head. However, the sound quality and wireless capabilities are so poor that no matter how good the design or build quality were, it simply cannot compensate for the headphones' dire performance.
The unit comes in two parts, the headphones and the transmitter. The transmitter is rather unattractive, attaches to a sound source via a standard 3.5mm jack connector and is powered via an AC adapter. The headphones are powered by an in-built rechargeable battery which is connected to the transmitter when charging.
The problems immediately become apparent the minute you put the headphones on and power them up. The quality is inconsistent and distant whilst the sound is too quiet, even at full volume. Since the wireless connection is established via infrared, the wearer needs to be sitting directly in front of the transmitter in order to get a clear signal and even then it isn't all that clear. We found that moving the head in any way generally caused the headphones to lose signal or crackle with white noise and moving around caused the signal to fade in and out or get lost completely.
We were terribly disappointed with product and cannot in good faith recommend them to anyone other than department store mannequins or stone statues. These are the only two groups that have the ability to remain still enough to receive a good signal.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Bose Upgrade Q35 for Google Assistant
- Jabra Evolve 75e brings earbud design, Active NC and ‘busylight’ to the workplace
- Jaybird go true wireless with new RUN earbuds
- HyperX Reveals Next Generation Cloud Alpha Gaming Headset
- Jabra upgrade their Elite Sport wireless earbuds
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCReporting Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCSalesforce Business AnalystNSW
- FTEmail Production SpecialistOther
- TPLinux EngineerQLD
- FTCloud Engineer - AWSOther
- CCAppian DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnology and Strategy Architecture ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Marketing SpecialistVIC
- FTTest Engineer - Insurance BackgroundQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTSitecore DeveloperNSW
- CCFilenet Developer - BrisbaneVIC
- FTData Scientist/Java LeadVIC
- FTCyber/Forensic Security AnalystACT
- TPBusiness Analyst - UtilitiesQLD
- FTWorkforce Planning AnalystOther
- CCInformation Security Consultant - BrisbaneNSW
- FTBig Data DeveloperOther
- FTSAP PM Functional ConsultantOther
- FTSolution Architect - Enterprise VoiceWA
- FTHadoop DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Process AnalystNSW
- FTETL & SQL Data AnalystOther
- TPPrincipal Business AnalystQLD