- Nothing to speak of.
- Does not work very well at all.
The Philips HC200 are a very average set of headphones that performed poorly and should be avoided.
Price$ 119.95 (AUD)
Why any company would honestly release a set of infra red headphones is puzzling. Infrared is the lowest quality wireless format available and so last decade. The Philips HC200 Rechargeable Infrared headphones are a complete waste of time in our opinion. They are woefully inadequate for listening to any music source and don't work very well at all.
From a design standpoint, they are rather attractive and sit comfortably on the head. However, the sound quality and wireless capabilities are so poor that no matter how good the design or build quality were, it simply cannot compensate for the headphones' dire performance.
The unit comes in two parts, the headphones and the transmitter. The transmitter is rather unattractive, attaches to a sound source via a standard 3.5mm jack connector and is powered via an AC adapter. The headphones are powered by an in-built rechargeable battery which is connected to the transmitter when charging.
The problems immediately become apparent the minute you put the headphones on and power them up. The quality is inconsistent and distant whilst the sound is too quiet, even at full volume. Since the wireless connection is established via infrared, the wearer needs to be sitting directly in front of the transmitter in order to get a clear signal and even then it isn't all that clear. We found that moving the head in any way generally caused the headphones to lose signal or crackle with white noise and moving around caused the signal to fade in and out or get lost completely.
We were terribly disappointed with product and cannot in good faith recommend them to anyone other than department store mannequins or stone statues. These are the only two groups that have the ability to remain still enough to receive a good signal.
Join the newsletter!
Apple iPhone X
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
cloudandco Smart Cane
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Toys for Boys
Bose SoundLink Micro
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Xbox One X
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 2 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 3 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 4 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By HyperX
- CES 2018: HyperX announces Wireless Cloud Flight Headset and RGB range
- CES 2018: Jabra Announces Third-Gen of True Wireless Earbuds
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By Jabra
- Sony Offer Some Hush in the Christmas Rush For Chatswood Shoppers
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- CES 2018: Belkin go big on wearables accessories and wireless charging
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- CES 2018
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTFull stack DeveloperOther
- CCSenior Java DeveloperACT
- FTCRM Business AnalystACT
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - HP Service Manager 9VIC
- TPTest Analyst / CoordinatorQLD
- CCDigital Business Analyst/ Quality Assurance AnalystVIC
- FTClass Super - Application Support Analyst - SMSF solutionsOther
- CCTechnical Lead (Java, Spring Boot, Web APIs) - Brisbane LocationNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPPMO ManagerNSW
- FTSecurity Cleared Network EngineerACT
- FTGun Java Developers wantedVIC
- CCCapacity ManagerACT
- TPApplications Project ManagerACT
- CCFull Stack Web DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSitecore Developer/ArchitectOther
- CCJunior Java DevelopersVIC
- TPIntegration DeveloperACT
- CCNetwork Engineer (Juniper)SA
- FTSenior Business Analyst - MortgagesOther