Philips DC350 iPod dock
The Philips DC350 iPod dock includes an FM radio and an alarm clock
- Easy to use and easy on the eye, charges devices while docked
- Expensive, poor sound quality
All the elements of an awesome iPod dock are here, but we weren't impressed by the Philips DC350's sound quality -- especially considering its price.
Price$ 299.99 (AUD)
Philips' DC350 isn't a high powered gun that robot cage fighters use — it's a Bluetooth-enabled iPod dock. It has an alarm clock and a radio (sadly only FM, not digital), and it can function as a loudspeaker for the iPhone. You can use it to synchronise the calendar and contacts on your iPod or iPhone as well.
We weren't impressed by the Philips DC350's performance as a speakerphone. The volume even at its highest setting is quite low and this results in phone conversations that are hard to hear. You’re better off picking up your iPhone and holding it to your ear, the old-fashioned way.
The Philips DC 350 is compatible with a range of iPods, including the Nano and Touch, as well as the iPhone. It also has a standard 3.5mm audio jack that allows you to plug in any MP3 player.
Although sound is clear it lacks punch and is often tinny, and switching on the bass boost function results in muffled audio. As an ornament for your bedside table or workstation, the DC350 will do the job — just don’t expect your sleeping quarters or cubicle to become some iPhone-fuelled trendy hangout where young people talk about Zac Efron and Facebook while eating Angus burgers.
A remote control comes bundled with the Philips DC350, and it works reasonably well. However, it's difficult to see the dock's small screen if you're situated more than a metre or two away from the device.
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @Goodgearguide
Join the newsletter!
We have 4 to give away so jump in!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- MWC 2018: Intel and Huawei to showcase 5GNR public interoperability demonstration
- MWC 2018: Intel confirms OEM collaboration on 5G PCs
- Huawei Unveils First Car To Be Driven By AI-Powered Smartphone
- OPPO Launches Free Screen Repairs for Latest Devices
- Samsung Partners With Commonwealth Bank
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Which 2018 Smart Speaker Should I Buy
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTAndroid Developer - 6 Month ContractOther
- FTSAP Test AnalystsACT
- FTSenior SQL Server DBANSW
- CCProject Coordinator / Junior Project ManagerNSW
- CCKnowledge Analyst (Digital Content)NSW
- FTUnix/Linux System Administrator - PERMANENT ROLEQLD
- FTCorporate ReceptionistOther
- FTSAP FICO Lead- government backgroundOther
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSenior Front-End Developer (Urgent)Other
- CCHadoop DeveloperVIC
- FTMedication Management Support - PermanentQLD
- FTPlatform DesignerOther
- FTData AnalystACT
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Change ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (Junior - Mid Level)NSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystQLD
- TPInformatica SpecialistQLD
- FTIT Project ManagerOther
- FTData EngineerOther
- CCProgram DirectorNSW
- CCField Technician - Windows/ Office 365 EnvironmentVIC
- TPClient Systems TechnicianQLD