Philips Brilliance 190P6EB
- Ergonomic adjustment, dual inputs, image quality
- USB ports a little too close together
Philips' 19in TFT panel offers great image quality, a wide range of adjustments, automatic brightness adjustment, and a long warranty.
Price$ 949.00 (AUD)
Philips' 190P6EB is an impressive 19" TFT panel replete with dual inputs, adjustable stand, and top-notch image quality.
The slate grey screen itself weighs in at a touch over 8kg and measures 43 x 21 x 43cm. It ships with an adjustable stand that features great ergonomics, with the ability to adjust the height, tilt and rotate into portrait mode. A VESA mount is also present on the rear of the screen in case you'd like to mount the display to an arm or wall. Both VGA and DVI inputs can be found on the rear panel of the 8ms display. The panel runs at a native resolution of 1280 x 1024 pixels and is clear and bright, with no signs of moire or other distortion visible during testing.
The unit features a thin silver line below the screen that separates the panel from a set of small speakers and provides space to fit a row of buttons. The selection is quite complete, featuring auto tune, volume up and down, brightness up and down, and 'ok' keys to drive access to most of the screen's settings. There's also a Philips LightFrame switch, which is designed to make quick adjustments to screen properties for different types of image (Internet, text and graphics are the default options). Each setting subtly changes the brightness, contrast and colour temperature settings to enhance the display.
The auto tune function works quite effectively. It left the colours a little over saturated, but this was easily adjusted, and quick access to the brightness setting is a bonus, as it allows you to fine-tune the backlight to avoid eyestrain. It's especially useful if you work in an office lit with natural light that varies during the day, as you can tweak the brightness as the sun moves. If the manual adjustments don't appeal, a SmartManage feature automatically adjusts the screen settings based on ambient light.
Four USB ports can be found on the left hand panel, just behind the screen. While their presence is handy, they're grouped together tightly, so you can't use more than two memory keys (or other large USB devices) at once.
At $949, the 190P6EB ships with a three-year warranty, includes an impressive ergonomic stand, USB hub, dual inputs, and some elegant features like automatic brightness adjustment.
Join the newsletter!
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
cloudandco Smart Cane
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Apple iPhone X
Toys for Boys
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Bose SoundLink Micro
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Xbox One X
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- AOC Unveils AG322QCX AGON Gaming Display Bolstered for Battle
- Samsung announces Australian availability for its 49-inch CHG90 QLED Monitor
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
- G-Sync HDR displays go ultrawide and ultra-fast with the 200Hz Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review: A port worthy of PC gaming's mightiest rigs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Application SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystsACT
- FTRiggers / Telecommunication RiggersOther
- FTInfrastructure Migration EngineerOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - TableauOther
- FTSenior Network EngineerOther
- TPIT Technical WriterNSW
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Client TechnologiesOther
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTChange Manager, SAPConnect TransformationOther
- FTCyber Security Program ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - HealthQLD
- FTDigital Transformation Architect - TelcoVIC
- FTSolution Architect - CloudOther
- FTInsights AnalystOther
- FTFull Stack Developer - ASP.NETVIC
- TPIntegration Developer. Cloud SolutionsNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst - L1Other
- CCDeployment ManagerVIC
- TPProject Manager - Records ManagementVIC
- FTScrum MasterOther
- FTTest AnalystOther
- FTScrum MasterOther
- FTUnix/Linux EngineersOther