Philips Active Crystals SWS2000
Sparkling ear buds
- Design, decent sound quality, comfortable fit
- Expensive, bass response could be improved
A decent pair of earphones, but they are a tad expensive.
Price$ 145.00 (AUD)
The result of a partnership between Philips and Swarovski, the Active Crystals SWS2000 earphones feature cut silver-shade crystals embedded into the design. Although they are targeted at fashionistas, they perform well in terms of sound quality.
Like most fashion-orientated products, the earphones look excellent. They feature silver cabling, chrome highlights and, of course, crystal ear buds. The ear buds' design makes them heavier than a regular pair, but they are comfortable regardless. Most would consider the crystals little more than a gimmick, but if you want to look good while listening to your tunes, there aren't too many better options on the market. Apart from the crystals, the rest of the body is made of chrome-plated stainless steel; a gold-plated plug completes the design.
Perhaps the most surprising feature is the fact that the marketing towards fashion buyers hasn't impacted on the quality. For starters, the ear buds are very comfortable, especially for long periods of use. Philips includes three different sized rubber ear buds for optimal fit and comfort, so you shouldn't have an issue comfort-wise.
Sound quality isn't going to appeal to audiophiles, but for those looking to upgrade their standard headphones the SWS2000 will do a relatively decent job. We were impressed by the clarity and crispness of sound at low to medium volume levels, though we were disappointed that distortion is evident at higher volume levels. Bass response is also lacking; it fails to provide the punch we were expecting. Instrumental separation is surprisingly solid, with complex riffs distinctly audible.
The downside is price, although this is to be expected considering the crystal design. These earphones aren't cheap, and keep in mind that you can purchase cheaper alternatives with sound quality on par or better.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Alexa Now Available in Amazon Music App in Australia and New Zealand
- Alcatel To Pre-Load Family Zone Service On All Their Australian Devices
- Audible Now Available on Sonos
- HTC Vive Announces Price of Vive Pro
- Everything You Need To Know About Android Go
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- MWC 2018: Everything You Need To Know
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPLinux Automation EngineerQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCDeployment ManagerACT
- FTPrincipal Consultant - Scheduling & Planning (Primavera & MSP)Other
- TPPMO AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Quality LeadVIC
- CCPega ArchitectNSW
- FTJava Developer (API)Other
- FTOracle Database Engineer - EXADATAOther
- FTCCNA Network EngineerOther
- CCOracle Financial Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCNetwork Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Desktop Support AnalystOther
- TPSoftware EngineerACT
- TPIT Trainer - System ReleaseWA
- FTSenior Business Analyst - AgileOther
- CCiOS Developer - Brisbane locationVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCTelco Network EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack Developer - Blue Chip CompanyOther
- FTHosting/Virtualisation ArchitectACT
- FTProject Co-ordinatorNSW
- FTStorage Operations ManagerOther
- CCSite Acquisition Officer - Adelaide basedSA
- FTProject Manager - DatawarehouseACT