Philips Acoustic Fusion 3310
- Great sound reproduction, excellent bass
- Not as visually attractive as other similar systems
A sublime speaker system well worth considering if budget permits.
Price$ 199.00 (AUD)
The Philips Acoustic Fusion 310 produce impressive sound from a fairly small package and in doing so display how good PC speakers can really be. Using the latest in flat panel speaker technology, the Acoustic Fusion reproduces sound accurately without falling victim to the usual speaker pitfalls.
The first thing we noticed when we unpacked the speaker system was the petite nature of the product. The 6w speakers are small and the 20w subwoofer doesn't look anywhere near as powerful as it turned out to be. However once we actually set the system up we were pleasantly surprised by the test results. Setup itself was a breeze, with clearly labeled inputs for all the wiring and the usual colour coded 3.5mm jack to connect to the source device.
We tested the bass using a selection of R&B tracks as well as Nick Caves "Song of Joy" with favourable results. In the lower bass registers, the subwoofer belts out accurate thumping bass without losing detail or becoming muddy or muted.
We also tested the treble using a selection of string-heavy film scores and Howard Shores Main title theme from "Ed Wood" which boasts extensive use of the Theremin. This intense treble workout was handled with ease by the Acoustic Fusion, with clear notes in the higher treble registers without any loss of information or truncation.
Violent pitch changes were tested with the Radiohead track "Idioteque" without any problems and the mid-tones were consistent with every test we performed. In fact, throughout all the tests, the Acoustic Fusion maintained a high volume level without distortion while also handling quieter moments with precision.
The only flaw that we could find is really more of a subjective design observation. We found the speaker design to be rather utilitarian when compared with the sexy Philips MMS430. With the Acoustic Fusion, function definitely outweighs form.
While those looking for a great set of speakers would be wise to consider what the Acoustic Fusion 310 have to offer, prospective buyers should keep in mind that these are little more expensive than the MMS430 and deliver only marginally better sound.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Logitech Unveils MX ERGO, their first trackball in nearly a decade
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
- MSI's new Ryzen-ready motherboard coming to Oz
- Seagate Expands Portfolio with 12TB Drives for NAS and Desktop Computing
- Intel's 8th Gen Desktop Processors Go On Sale Today
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Apple TV 4K review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTNetwork Lead AcrhitectVIC
- FTLead PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTSolution Architect - API / SaaSOther
- CCScrum Master - BrisbaneVIC
- FTBusiness Project ManagerOther
- FTNetwork Engineer, Voice & DataOther
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- FTNetwork ArchitectACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer / DeveloperNSW
- CCDeployment ManagerACT
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCJunior to mid-level - Business Analyst ? AgileQLD
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTSAP Lead Solution ArchitectOther
- FTSystems/Business AnalystACT
- FTNetwork Engineers- Transmission, IP Core and ITOther
- CCJunior to Mid Level - Java/ J2EE Developer (Brisbane)Other
- CCWorkforce Capacity Analyst - Contract with Large Telco in Pennant HillsNSW
- TPSAP BW ConsultantQLD
- CCJava Full stack developer - Telco domainVIC
- FTNetwork Services ManagerOther
- CCWintel EngineerWA
- FTMySQL Database Administrator- Meadowbank locationOther
- FTJunior Automation TesterQLD
- CCWeb PublisherACT