- Wide range of inputs, flexibility, clear image
- Audio inadequate for serious TV viewing
Clear images, extensive input and output connections and a wide range of potential uses help make this Philips monitor outstanding.
Price$ 3,499.00 (AUD)
Philips' multipurpose 30" TFT screen can serve as either a monitor or LCD TV. The 30" display incorporates a 16ms panel and runs in a 15:9 widescreen format at a native resolution of 1280 x 768 pixels. The screen weighs in at 16kg and measures 87 x 51 x 18cm. It also includes an analog TV tuner, so it can be used to watch conventional broadcast TV. What's more, it's HDTV ready, featuring full support for 480i through to 1080i HDTV, including progressive scan modes.
The default image is bright enough to handle a range of lighting conditions, up to office fluorescent lighting, and the comprehensive menu allows fine-tuning of image properties. The screen offers a viewing angle of 176 degrees, which is ample for any office or lounge room. The screen can be set up within five minutes (after bolting on the base and connecting cables) and ships with a lightweight plastic remote control that's used to tune the screen and access the on-screen menu. The screen can also be wall mounted if preferred. The onscreen display is clearly laid out and easy to navigate; it takes just a few minutes to fine-tune brightness, contrast, and colour balance settings.
The CD bundled with this monitor contains an electronic manual, display drivers, and image adjustment software. DVI and S-Video cables are also included.
Input options include component, composite, S-Video, VGA and DVI. Only power and DVI cables are bundled, though. Composite output is provided along with RCA and headphone audio connectors. An RS232 (serial) port is also included for network operation.
The image quality from both analog and digital sources is outstanding: clear, bright, and balanced. The two 5W bolt-on speakers offer adequate sound for watching TV or reproducing system sounds, but serious movie buffs would want to supplement the audio with a surround-sound amplifier and speaker set.
The screen is rated to operate between five and 35 degrees Celsius and it didn't heat up during testing. Philips offers a three-year warranty with the screen, and boasts 50,000 hours of operating life for the panel.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Everything Samsung Just Announced At IFA 2017
- First Look: LG's Signature Range
- Samsung's squashing of malicious Tizen smart TV bugs is turning messy
- Report says Samsung's Tizen OS on smart TVs is a virtual playground for hackers
- Hisense displays successors to amazing Series 7 ULED - Series 8 and 9
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Network SecurityOther
- FTDigital Project ManagerWA
- FTBig Data DeveloperOther
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- FTSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- FTDigital Marketing ExecutiveOther
- FTCyber Security Consultant - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCSite Acquisition CoordinatorNSW
- CCData ArchitectNSW
- CCUX Developer / DesignerQLD
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- CCWintel Engineer - BrisbaneVIC
- FTBilling Consultant - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTSenior Business ConsultantOther
- FTData ModellerOther
- FTSalesForce AdministratorOther
- FTSolutions Architect - Higher EducationOther
- TPProject CoordinatorACT
- FTSolution Architect - Enterprise VoiceWA
- TPBusiness Intelligence AnalystSA
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCProgram / Project Support AnalystVIC
- FTNetwork Designer - Telecommunications - UrgentOther