So you can enjoy the sunshine while listening to your favourite music or podcast. Thanks to Sennheiser. Enter today.
Email 'n Walk iPhone app
Write e-mails on your iPhone while seeing where you are walking
- Commendable execution, easy to use
- iPhone camera has limitations, no Enter button on keyboard, cannot read e-mails or send SMS messages
Email 'n Walk lets you write e-mails while seeing where you are going by employing the iPhone's camera. We wouldn't recommend its use while driving, though.
Price$ 1.19 (AUD)
Phase2 Media's Email 'n Walk uses the iPhone's camera to let you to see where you're walking while writing e-mails, hopefully stopping you from falling over any obstacles in your path.
Email 'n Walk might seem like a preposterous idea. But given that an English charity last year attempted to wrap lampposts in foam to protect pedestrians from collisions while writing SMS messages, perhaps this iPhone app isn't such a bad idea.
The app is generally well designed. It overlays a customised e-mail interface on top of a live view from the camera. The soft keyboard is the usual opaque input box, but the e-mail interface itself is transparent. This lets you to see through the text to what the camera picks up.
If you tend to hold your iPhone parallel to the ground, then you're likely to see little more than your own feet while typing. However, even holding the iPhone at a slight angle can ensure a good view of what is directly in front of you.
The quality of the iPhone's camera affects the app. The lens speed is a little slow, resulting in some motion blur. It isn't too excessive and won't make you sick, however. Things are likely to look significantly darker on the screen than in real life.
Email 'n Walk provides a text box for the subject and one of the body. The Enter button on the standard soft keyboard has been replaced by a Send button, which means e-mails written using Email 'n Walk cannot be broken into paragraphs until the e-mail is sent to the proper Mail app.
Once you have written up the e-mail, pressing send transfers the text into the standard iPhone mail app. This means you will have to choose the e-mail's recipient without the benefit of seeing where you are going.
Email 'n Walk is a commendable app, but it could be better. The ability to send SMS messages and read others' e-mails in the same fashion would definitely be worthwhile additions.
Nevertheless, as it stands Email 'n Walk is a decent iPhone app that provides innovative functionality for a reasonable price.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Z Flip review: Killer form-factor, lethal price-tag
- 3 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 4 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 5 Xiro Drone Xplorer V by Rapoo review
Latest News Articles
- Google smart displays now let you take charge of multi-room audio
- Recently squashed Alexa bug could have allowed hackers access to voice histories, researchers say
- Affinity offers Photo, Designer & Publisher for Free for 3 Months
- Parallels 15 lets you turn an iPad into a Surface tablet
- Bitdefender refreshes consumer cybersecurity offering
PCW Evaluation Team
Ultimately this laptop has achieved everything I would hope for in a laptop for work, while fitting that into a form factor and weight that is remarkable.
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Soundbars: Why they’re worth it and which one should you buy
- Buying a laptop this EOFY? Here's a cheat sheet
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies