PC Tools Registry Mechanic 7.0
- Quick, thorough and without any pesky pop-up reminders
- Optimisation and Processes components are simple tasks that Windows takes care of anyway
There's nothing groundbreaking in Registry Mechanic 7.0, but PC Tools' latest system optimiser is good enough to retain its top position among the paid-for system utilities
Price$ 49.95 (AUD)
Users of ageing PCs will know all too well that system performance can deteriorate over time – and Windows is often the focus of their irritation.
Slowdown can be caused by any number of things, but the Windows Registry is often at the root of the problem. Programs such as Registry Mechanic 7.0 pledge to clean, repair and optimise the Registry so you don't have to get your hands dirty.
We installed Registry Mechanic 7.0 on a test PC that already had installed Spybot Search & Destroy 1.5, Ad-Aware and CCleaner – so we were doubly impressed when the DeepScan tool discovered a large amount of junk that had been left behind from installation processes and uninstalled applications, as well as recent Internet activity.
DeepScan is quick, extremely thorough and provides results in an easily understood format.
The Registry Mechanic 7.0 system optimiser includes five components: optimisation, processes, performance, drive space and system information.
It's useful to have these elements in one place, but it could be argued that this part of Registry Mechanic 7.0 is window dressing – the optimisation component offers a defragmentation function that simply opens the Windows Defrag application, while the processes section shows a carbon copy of the processes content from within Windows Task Manager.
Nonetheless, it's handy to have access to this by simply right-clicking on the Registry Monitor icon in the bottom-right of your screen.
Which brings us to the real reason to recommend Registry Mechanic 7.0 – the Registry Monitor runs quietly in the background and provides the reassurance that any alterations to the Windows Registry will be brought to your attention.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- Optimizely expands its enterprise-focused offerings
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTProgram Director - Consulting FirmACT
- FTSAP Lead Solution ArchitectOther
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTRPA DeveloperOther
- CCSenior Agile Project ManagerNSW
- TPSAP ABAP DeveloperQLD
- TPKnowledge AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Software DeveloperSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - SharepointVIC
- TPProject Manager | Digital Health ProgramQLD
- CCSharepoint DeveloperWA
- FTProgram Manager - SaaSQLD
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCTech PM - SecurityNSW
- FTSAP HR Team LeadOther
- TPChange Analyst / ManagerQLD
- FTRecruitment Specialist - $40 p/hr - IMMEDIATE STARTOther
- CCTraining and Support LeadACT
- TPAPS 6 Business AnalystACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Banking and FinanceOther
- FTSenior Wintel Engineer, VMware, DesignOther
- CCMid-Level Oracle SQL DeveloperNSW
- CCMultiple Pega Resources Required - Developers & ArchitectsNSW
- FTCorporate ReceptionistOther
- FTBig Data EngineerVIC