"If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63."
PC Tools Registry Mechanic 7.0
- Quick, thorough and without any pesky pop-up reminders
- Optimisation and Processes components are simple tasks that Windows takes care of anyway
There's nothing groundbreaking in Registry Mechanic 7.0, but PC Tools' latest system optimiser is good enough to retain its top position among the paid-for system utilities
Price$ 49.95 (AUD)
Users of ageing PCs will know all too well that system performance can deteriorate over time – and Windows is often the focus of their irritation.
Slowdown can be caused by any number of things, but the Windows Registry is often at the root of the problem. Programs such as Registry Mechanic 7.0 pledge to clean, repair and optimise the Registry so you don't have to get your hands dirty.
We installed Registry Mechanic 7.0 on a test PC that already had installed Spybot Search & Destroy 1.5, Ad-Aware and CCleaner – so we were doubly impressed when the DeepScan tool discovered a large amount of junk that had been left behind from installation processes and uninstalled applications, as well as recent Internet activity.
DeepScan is quick, extremely thorough and provides results in an easily understood format.
The Registry Mechanic 7.0 system optimiser includes five components: optimisation, processes, performance, drive space and system information.
It's useful to have these elements in one place, but it could be argued that this part of Registry Mechanic 7.0 is window dressing – the optimisation component offers a defragmentation function that simply opens the Windows Defrag application, while the processes section shows a carbon copy of the processes content from within Windows Task Manager.
Nonetheless, it's handy to have access to this by simply right-clicking on the Registry Monitor icon in the bottom-right of your screen.
Which brings us to the real reason to recommend Registry Mechanic 7.0 – the Registry Monitor runs quietly in the background and provides the reassurance that any alterations to the Windows Registry will be brought to your attention.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 2 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Peak performance from a home entertainment heavyweight
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- WWDC 2018: Apple gives us a first look at an all-new Mac App Store
- Apple combats iPhone throttling backlash with new iOS 12 features
- Budget 2018: Government seeks to boost Australian AI capabilities
- JBL take smart speakers back to the living room Link 300
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
PCW Evaluation Team
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
- Computex 2018: Everything you missed at Asia's biggest tech tradeshow
- Computex 2018: Nvidia launches new AI-focused hardware and software platforms
- Huawei P20 Pro review: See it and believe the hype
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies