An iPhone- and iPod-compatible Bluetooth hands-free car kit.
- Hole- and screw-free installation, wireless remote control (steering wheel or dash mount), removable colour display, sound quality of voice and music, supports multiple music sources, automatic phonebook synchronisation, voice recognition
- Lack of confirmation when voice dialling, voice recognition isn't perfect
The MKi9200 is an exceptional car kit, especially for iPhone owners. Excellent audio quality, voice recognition technology and the ability to connect to a wide range of music sources make this an all-round winner.
Price$ 479.00 (AUD)
A fully fledged Bluetooth hands-free car kit, Parrot's range-topping MKi9200 offers full compatibility with the Apple iPod range as well as the iPhone 3G. In addition to providing hands-free calling via your car's speakers, it connects to a range of music devices — including iPods, iPhones, USB keys, MP3 players, A2DP Bluetooth devices and anything featuring a standard line-in jack.
Although it may sound complicated at first, the MKi9200 is a pretty simple device. It consists of five main components — an amplifier that is installed inside your dashboard, an external dual microphone, a 2.4in colour display, an iPod/USB/line-in cable, and a wireless remote control. The MKi9200 needs to be installed by a professional, which should take approximately an hour and a half depending on your vehicle. Importantly, the installation is completely screw and hole free, meaning if you want to remove the unit down the track it won't leave any visible marks or holes.
The five components of the MKi9200 are installed in different places (with the exception of the amplifier) depending on the size of your vehicle's cabin and your requirements. For our installation, the microphone was wired at the front of the roof lining and the display was placed to the right of the steering wheel on the dash. Usually the iPod/USB/line-in cable is wired to the glove box, but if you have other compartments in your vehicle this can be adjusted to suit your needs. The amplifier, essentially the brains of the unit and where all the components are connected, is installed behind or underneath your dash, away from view.
Once installed and connected, the MKi9200 automatically powers on when you start your car. As this is a hands-free kit first and foremost, you'll need to pair your Bluetooth phone to the unit — a simple process that takes less than a minute. After being paired with a phone for the first time, the MKi9200 will automatically recognise and connect to it as soon as it's powered on. When connected, the LCD will display your phone's network and a reception bar indicator.
The critical component of the MKi9200 is the amplifier — this allows the unit to bypass your car stereo. For example, if you are listening to the radio and a call comes in, the radio is muted and your ring tone is played through you car's speakers. Conveniently, the MKi9200 synchronises with your phonebook and reads a caller's name. The unit will automatically synchronise your contacts and phone numbers each time a new entry is detected.
Join the newsletter!
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Apple iPhone X
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
cloudandco Smart Cane
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Toys for Boys
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Xbox One X
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Exciting New Aussie Dash-Cams Unveiled Ahead of Holiday Road Trip Season
- Latest Spartan sports watches hit the scene
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
- Google's Pixel Launcher leak hints at the demise of the Nexus brand
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCCommunication and Change ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork Data EngineerWA
- FTDrupal DeveloperACT
- CCWintel Team LeadWA
- FTScrum MasterOther
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerOther
- FTSERVICE DESK - ENTRY LEVELSA
- FTSenior Network ArchitectVIC
- CCJunior to Mid Level Tester - BankingQLD
- CCSCCM Deployment TechnicianACT
- CCWeb Applications Project ManagerACT
- FTICT Business AnalystACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Wealth & AgileOther
- FTMid-level Drupal Developer - BrisbaneSA
- FTDesktop EngineerOther
- TPData AnalystVIC
- CCLinux Infrastructure Engineer - Telco industryVIC
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- FTMS Dynamics CRM DeveloperACT
- CCJava Developer - BrisbaneWA
- FTInfrastructure Design Engineer, DC Power, CommunicationsOther
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTLevel 2 Desktop Support EngineerOther
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW