Backup and Recovery 10 Suite
Paragon Backup and Recovery 10 Suite comes in both 64- and 32-bit versions
- Advanced features
- Some uses might be confused by virtual mode
Paragon Backup and Recovery 10 Suite offers a robust feature set and an impressive array of advanced features. Where it really shines is in features such as the ability to work with virtual hard drives, as well as create WinPE bootable rescue media.
Price$ 85.27 (AUD)
Paragon Software has been offering backup and disk management tools since 1994 and the company's expertise is evident in its newest product, Paragon Backup and Recovery 10 Suite.
Paragon Backup and Recovery 10 Suite comes in both 64- and 32-bit versions; we downloaded both for testing. The application has an attractive interface that's clearly aimed at making the product easy to use. First-time users can quickly identify how to perform backups, restore files without a manual.
Large descriptive menu buttons make it easy to launch wizards that make backup, restoration, file selection, creating rescue media and building schedules relatively straightforward. A tabbed interface located on the left side allows users to drill down into some of the more advanced features, such as converting images to virtual hard drives or browsing existing images to copy individual files.
Most users will find using the Smart Backup the best option. It's very easy to use and offers a good level of customisation during the definition process. Options let you target email, media files or documents; or to manually select specific files. The product offers multiple options for the location of a backup files, including network drives, DVD-R and upload to FTP site.
Some users may be confused by Paragon Backup and Recovery 10 Suite's virtual mode. Basically, all operations are ‘stored' and do not occur until you hit an Apply button to activate the task - in other words, a sort of a full dress rehearsal. Advanced users can forgo the virtual mode in the program's preferences.
One very nifty feature is the product's ability to convert an image into a virtual hard drive. That way, if you system fails altogether, you can run that image as a virtual hard drive on a system that has desktop virtualization. This could prove a fast way to retrieve important data or run applications during a system disaster.
You can also create a WinPE 2.0 (preinstallation environment), a bootable recovery platform that can be made into a recovery disc.
The app includes a component that sits in the Windows system tray, which automates backups using a snapshot process: a static version of the current data on the hard drive is created. When the application detects changes on the hard drive by comparing snapshots, an incremental backup is executed.
We were able to back up 70GB of data to a USB external hard drive in about two hours and 15 minutes. Subsequent backups using the incremental setting only took a few minutes, depending upon how much had changed on the hard drive.
Join the newsletter!
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Apple iPhone X
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
cloudandco Smart Cane
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Toys for Boys
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Xbox One X
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft delves deeper into AI with new kit bag of tools
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- Optimizely expands its enterprise-focused offerings
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Hands On: Our first impressions of Sony's a7R III
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTJunior Infrastructure EngineerACT
- TPProject ManagerNSW
- FTPerformance EngineerOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTManual Tester - Accounting & FinanceOther
- FTDigital BAOther
- CCProgram ManagerNSW
- FTSenior DevOps LeadVIC
- CCDevelopers ? Multiple opportunitiesQLD
- CCMid - Level SAP Test Analyst (Brisbane)NSW
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTSenior Project Manager, Facilities & Asset ManagementOther
- CCAdvisory Project Manager - Infrastructure Services.QLD
- CCBusiness Systems Analyst (Expression of Interest)QLD
- FTPrincipal Architect/ConsultantOther
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunicationsQLD
- FTChange AnalystOther
- CCDigital Content ExecutiveNSW
- FTField Services TechnicianACT
- FTTelecommunications RiggerOther
- TPTechnical Lead (Office 365)QLD
- FTChange Manager, SAPConnect TransformationOther
- FTPageUp BAOther
- FTBusiness Information Security Officer (BISO)NSW
- TPInstructional DesignerNSW