Pantone Huey Monitor Calibration Tool
- Easy to use, Works a charm
- Hard to set up, need to upgrade drivers to use
The Huey monitor calibration tool is easy to use, though its controls are basic
Price$ 200.00 (AUD)
If you've ever fought to get the photos you print at home to look like the images you've been adjusting on screen, an incorrectly calibrated monitor was likely at the heart of your problem. Enter the Pantone Huey, an inexpensive monitor calibration tool that works well so long as it plays nicely with your graphics board.
Setup is simple through the basic software, which offers few adjustable settings. You change color temperature and contrast by selecting one of nine presets, several of which are optimised for specific situations such as photo viewing and gaming. Just stick the Huey sensor on your screen, and help the software along with an occasional mouse click as it flashes a series of color and gray patches on screen for the sensor to read.
The Huey conveniently provides periodic recalibration -- from every 10 seconds to every 4 hours -- based on the room's changing lighting conditions. You place the sensor in its stand, facing you. As nighttime falls or as your overhead lights turn on, the software adjusts the monitor's color temperature and luminosity. When we covered up the sensor, the software dimmed our monitor; when we shone a light directly at it, the screen brightened.
Getting the Huey to function may require that you update your graphics board's drivers. We tried the shipping product on three PCs running Windows XP. The software worked as expected on the desktops with ATI Radeon X600 and nVidia GeForce2 MX boards installed, but the product was unable to calibrate an LCD hooked up to an ATI Radeon X300 card until I updated the X300's drivers from ATI's tech support site.
If basic monitor calibration is all you need, you'll likely find the Huey's color presets and minimal features adequate and easy to use.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- Optimizely expands its enterprise-focused offerings
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Project Controls Officer / CoordinatorOther
- CCMessageQueue/DataPower AdministratorNSW
- FTDigital Reporting AnalystOther
- CCSenior Test Engineer - Insurance domainVIC
- FTSenior Business ConsultantOther
- CCExperience / Service DesignerACT
- FTOracle WebLogic Administrator- Banking backgroundOther
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCSenior ETL Developer/DesignerVIC
- CCDigital Reporting AnalystNSW
- CCMid-Level Oracle SQL DeveloperACT
- FTTalent Acquisition Specialist - Large Blue Chip clientOther
- FTSales / Account ManagerOther
- CCMid-Level Oracle SQL DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTWeb Developer (UX Design / Siebel Open UI / CSS)NSW
- FTService Desk Level 2 Support ConsultantACT
- FTData AnalystOther
- CCData AnalystQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerOther
- FTHR Analyst - Remuneration & PerformanceOther
- TPSenior Business Analyst (x2)NSW
- FTSenior IT Project Manager - Logistics/TransportOther
- FTTransport Capacity Planner - Telecom domainVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystACT