Bringing VR out of office and study spaces will serve to help it attract the new audiences it needs to continue growing
Panda Platinum 2006 Internet Security Suite
- Built-in firewall, Blocks both spyware and phishing endevours
- Not compatible with some other programs, Doesn't show specific file information
Panda works well enough, identifying and quarantining suspicious items and providing control over what hits your PC. As with all such products, it's not the product you choose so much as regular virus definition updates that are vital to keep your PC secure.
Price$ 129.95 (AUD)
Panda's Internet Security suite's first action is to check for existing antivirus or other security programs on your PC. Needless to say, it insisted that it was incompatible with our Trend Micro security suite and that to install successfully, we'd first need to get rid of the competition.
This is par for the course for such applications - unlike, say, a virus scanner that protects your PC while another one handles incoming webmail, security suites see all other programs as rivals. Curiously, though, it didn't object to Microsoft AntiSpyware, which assiduously notified us at every turn of events and change that Panda requested.
Having confirmed that we were happy for Panda to supersede Trend Micro, we were prompted to restart and Panda got to work scanning our system for existing problems and reporting on their status. It told us we had 217 instances of spyware but that all had been disinfected. What it didn't tell us at this stage was which files it was referring to. This done, the installation continues and, after another restart, we were informed the firewall would begin to take effect.
Almost immediately, Panda found a rogue dialler on the main drive of our PC and recommended a full system scan of all drives. This was pre-registration so we ran the scan to see what came up prior to grabbing and configuring the latest updates. The next most obvious threat was a tracking program called FunWeb, which Panda said we should delete. It then gave us the option of performing the same action for any subsequent trackers. What's nominally new in the 2006 version is Panda's ability to block both spyware and phishing endeavours - something that its own website claims was also offered in the 2005 iteration but is lacking in the Titanium version of Panda. It also protects against spam, viruses and assaults from hacking tools and has a built-in firewall.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Budget 2018: Government seeks to boost Australian AI capabilities
- JBL take smart speakers back to the living room Link 300
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Transport for NSW boosts digital experience with Amazon Alexa
- Irdeto Acquires Denuvo
PCW Evaluation Team
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
- Overwatch Devs celebrate Anniversary event by sharing insights into the game's future
- Nokia 8 Sirocco review: Full, in-depth review
- HTC promise more Edge Sense and a better camera with the HTC U12+
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies