So you can enjoy the sunshine while listening to your favourite music or podcast. Thanks to Sennheiser. Enter today.
Panasonic VIERA TH-P50GT30A 3D plasma TV (preview)
Panasonic VIERA GT30 preview: a 3D plasma with all the bells and whistles
- Picture quality likely very similar to the VT30 but cheaper
- Missing out on some useful picture enhancements like 24p playback, no 3D glasses bundled
The Panasonic VIERA GT30 looks to have most of the same specs as the impressive VT30 series plasmas, but we're banking on it being a fair bit cheaper. Most TV watchers probably won't be able to tell the difference in picture quality between the two panels, and the VIERA GT30 has all the same VIERA Connect Web features as the VT30 as well. If it's close to what we're expecting, the Panasonic VIERA GT30 should be a good value plasma TV.
Like the VIERA TH-P50VT30A 3D plasma, the Panasonic GT30 series is one of the company's top plasma TVs. It's got a high quality panel — though it's not as highly-specced as the VT30's, missing out on the Pro moniker for its Infinite Black 2 panel — and all the Web features that you'll find on Panasonic's best.
The GT30 has most of the picture quality enhancements that the top model has — it's a 600Hz-equivalent plasma panel with THX certification that can handle Full HD 3D playback, although no glasses are included with the TV. It does miss out on 24p playback compatibility, which means Blu-ray films might not look as smooth and cinematic as on the VT30. Otherwise we have no reason to doubt its abilities when it comes to playing Full HD content — if its 2010 equivalent, the Panasonic VIERA V20A, is any indication it'll be an excellent performer and good value to boot.
VIERA Connect is Panasonic's new name for the IPTV and Web features of its VIERA plasmas and LED TVs. We don't know what IPTV services will be on offer in Australia yet, but to keep up with competitors Panasonic will have to include a movie streaming service like BigPond Movies on Demand, at least one major catch-up TV service like ABC iView, and possibly some linear streaming TV 'channels' a la BigPond TV. We do know that Web services du jour Facebook, Twitter and Skype will all be available on the Panasonic VIERAs. The biggest problem with Panasonic's VIERA Connect is that competitors Sony and Samsung will likely be able to offer more — Samsung has Smart TV and Sony has Sony Internet TV.
Become a fan of GoodGearGuide on Facebook
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Z Flip review: Killer form-factor, lethal price-tag
- 3 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 4 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 5 Xiro Drone Xplorer V by Rapoo review
Latest News Articles
- Zoom video calling will arrive on Google smart displays by the end of the year
- TCL's 2020 4K & 8K Range Explained: 8K vs Mini-LED
- Samsung’s second-gen 8K TVs are cheaper and slimmer
- Hisenses' latest salvo of 4K TVs launch in Australia
- LG are finally selling an 8K TV you might actually be able to afford
PCW Evaluation Team
Ultimately this laptop has achieved everything I would hope for in a laptop for work, while fitting that into a form factor and weight that is remarkable.
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Soundbars: Why they’re worth it and which one should you buy
- Buying a laptop this EOFY? Here's a cheat sheet
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies