Panasonic VIERA TH-P50GT30A 3D plasma TV (preview)
Panasonic VIERA GT30 preview: a 3D plasma with all the bells and whistles
- Picture quality likely very similar to the VT30 but cheaper
- Missing out on some useful picture enhancements like 24p playback, no 3D glasses bundled
The Panasonic VIERA GT30 looks to have most of the same specs as the impressive VT30 series plasmas, but we're banking on it being a fair bit cheaper. Most TV watchers probably won't be able to tell the difference in picture quality between the two panels, and the VIERA GT30 has all the same VIERA Connect Web features as the VT30 as well. If it's close to what we're expecting, the Panasonic VIERA GT30 should be a good value plasma TV.
Like the VIERA TH-P50VT30A 3D plasma, the Panasonic GT30 series is one of the company's top plasma TVs. It's got a high quality panel — though it's not as highly-specced as the VT30's, missing out on the Pro moniker for its Infinite Black 2 panel — and all the Web features that you'll find on Panasonic's best.
The GT30 has most of the picture quality enhancements that the top model has — it's a 600Hz-equivalent plasma panel with THX certification that can handle Full HD 3D playback, although no glasses are included with the TV. It does miss out on 24p playback compatibility, which means Blu-ray films might not look as smooth and cinematic as on the VT30. Otherwise we have no reason to doubt its abilities when it comes to playing Full HD content — if its 2010 equivalent, the Panasonic VIERA V20A, is any indication it'll be an excellent performer and good value to boot.
VIERA Connect is Panasonic's new name for the IPTV and Web features of its VIERA plasmas and LED TVs. We don't know what IPTV services will be on offer in Australia yet, but to keep up with competitors Panasonic will have to include a movie streaming service like BigPond Movies on Demand, at least one major catch-up TV service like ABC iView, and possibly some linear streaming TV 'channels' a la BigPond TV. We do know that Web services du jour Facebook, Twitter and Skype will all be available on the Panasonic VIERAs. The biggest problem with Panasonic's VIERA Connect is that competitors Sony and Samsung will likely be able to offer more — Samsung has Smart TV and Sony has Sony Internet TV.
Become a fan of GoodGearGuide on Facebook
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Everything Samsung Just Announced At IFA 2017
- First Look: LG's Signature Range
- Samsung's squashing of malicious Tizen smart TV bugs is turning messy
- Report says Samsung's Tizen OS on smart TVs is a virtual playground for hackers
- Hisense displays successors to amazing Series 7 ULED - Series 8 and 9
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCMid Level .Net AnalystQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Metering Systems / AMIOther
- FTCommunications Officer (Social Media Focus)Other
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTData EngineerOther
- FTChange ManagerOther
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC
- FTChief Information Security OfficerVIC
- CCInfrastructure SMENSW
- FTConsultant - Risk and Compliance StreamOther
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- FTService Desk Level 2 Support ConsultantACT
- FTSQL DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Capacity PlannerVIC
- CCDevOps Engineers x 3VIC
- FTSenior Digital Producer | 6 Month Contract roleNSW
- TPICT Infrastructure Project ManagerQLD
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCMiddleware SpecialistNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - RoboticsNSW
- FTNetwork and Systems EngineerWA
- CCSenior Technical Business Analyst - IntegrationNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC