- 1080i high definition display, wide range of features
- Poor interface, integration of features is disjointed
A frustratingly difficult interface detracts from what would otherwise be a standout product. Everything on the TU-HDT104A works, but for ease of use and intuitive functionality look for a different receiver.
Price$ 549.00 (AUD)
The Panasonic TU-HDT104A is capable of delivering razor-sharp high definition images, but is marred by a poorly designed interface.
The roots of this poor design can be found on the front panel of the box, which sports a pitiful three buttons: exit, up, and down. Enough to provide perhaps half the functions required for complete menu navigation. This places a huge emphasis on the remote control, which, unfortunately, fails to deliver. Buttons on the remote are just as sparse as on the front panel, with several key functions missing. Those buttons that are on the remote are often too small or cramped.
The on-screen interface is marginally better, in that it manages to pack a full set of functions. Its blocky, sickly green design is rather unappealing, however, and the organisation of submenus is irritatingly obfuscating. Many of the features that are missing from the remote are found in the menu system; for instance, channel scan, favourites menu, channel editing.
The TU-HDT104 does feature enough settings and options to make it a decent set top box, in spite of the poorly implemented interface. TV and radio channels are separated in the channel list, which greatly improves channel surfing. Channel scanning and editing are both well implemented and easy to use, and the display provides ample information for navigating the various functions. It lacks is a favourites system.
On a more positive note, the Panasonic delivers full high-resolution 1080i HDTV, and packs a full range of connection options, including component (YPbPr) and RGB for high definition sets. It also has composite ports, an RF loop-through and S-Video for lower-resolution systems (and can downmix HD signals for output to a VHS recorder), and optical and coaxial digital audio output.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Bose Introduces Tiny New Bluetooth Speaker
- iPhone X, Apple Watch Series 3 and Apple TV 4K: Everything Announced At Today’s Apple Keynote
- Sony launches MUTEKI V90DW High Power Audio System
- Plex Cloud is now open to all paid users
- Google eyes remote content controls for parents in YouTube Kids app
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- First Look: Nikon D850
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTSenior DeveloperWA
- CCOrganisational Change & Deployment SpecialistVIC
- TPService Desk Team LeaderVIC
- FTExchange EngineerACT
- TPFront End DeveloperQLD
- FTPolicy OfficerOther
- FTLevel 3 Support Engineer (Tibco, Java, J2ee, Jboss)Other
- CCMultiple Hadoop Developers SydneyNSW
- CCChange ManagerWA
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCLevel 2-3 Desktop SupportWA
- FTBI - Business Intelligence, Analytics specialists & ArchitectsOther
- FTDigital DesignerOther
- CCeLearning DeveloperACT
- FTProfessional Services Consultant - UCMOther
- FTFinancial AnalystOther
- FTHead of Business Operations - SaaS Product CompanyNSW
- TPSenior Analyst|Progress ProgrammerQLD
- CCDevOps Consultant - BrisbaneNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- TPAnalyst ProgrammerSA
- FTETL AnalystOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- CCDevOps ConsultantQLD