- Price, easy to use menu controls, 30X optical zoom
- No 16:9 widescreen option, digital stills only VGA quality
The Panasonic NV-GS35 is a point-and-shoot video camera with enough creative control to satisfy the enthusiast.
Price$ 989.00 (AUD)
Priced, at the time of writing, at just over $1000, Panasonic's NV-GS35 is a solid consumer-quality camcorder with all the features that make taking video great fun. Of particular note is its 30X optical zoom--one of the largest on the market.
The diminutive NV-GS35 weighs only 410g, and with dimensions of 64 x 81 x 114mm, sits comfortably in the right hand--with most of the controls within reach of the thumb and pointer finger.
A dial/joystick menu control setup, which is becoming common across the Panasonic range, provides quick access to the various functions on the camera, including recording and playback of video as well as digital still images.
The 2.5" LCD screen was fast and clear, and allowing you to view your subject from various angles, even in direct sunlight. There's also an optical viewfinder for use when needed.
The NV-GS35 can capture 640 x 480 digital stills to a removable SD card, although it would be a much better idea to capture a frame of video. Printing straight to a printer that supports PictBridge is easy, and the LCD provides useful formatting and print preview information.
The NV-GS35 delivers accurate colour with strong saturation, but optical image stabilisation (OIS) would have been beneficial, considering many inexperienced videomakers will be taking a lot of shaky video when using the impressive 30X optical zoom.
Although it can't match the digital still quality of its competitors, the NV-GS35 is a strong offering from Panasonic and it compares very well with its competitors in regards to video quality, ease of use and price.
Join the newsletter!
Bitdefender’s best-in-class security solutions have been awarded Product of the Year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Netgear Launches the Arlo Go LTE Wire-Free Camera on Telstra’s Mobile Network
- D-Link Wins Prestigious iF Design Award 2018
- Reolink Launches a New 4G LTE Security Camera, Available in Australia
- Netgear announce local availability for smarter, sharper, Alexa-friendly Arlo Pro 2
- Netgear to spin off Arlo
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- MWC 2018: Everything You Need To Know
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Android DeveloperOther
- CCPerformance AnalystNSW
- FTOpenEdge DeveloperOther
- FT3rd Level Network and Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTDigital Marketing Manager - Affiliates and PartnersOther
- CCField Technician - Windows/ Office 365 EnvironmentVIC
- CCCisco Test SpecialistVIC
- FTProject Manager, Construction UpgradesNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTERP Technical Analyst - PeoplesoftOther
- FTCyber Security ArchitectOther
- TPTechnical Project Manager (HRIS)WA
- CCPEGA SSA DevVIC
- FTData AnalystACT
- FTHelp desk Support AnalystOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - Multiple RolesACT
- FTData Migration DeveloperNSW
- FTBig Data ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior .NET Developer / Consultant - Brisbane based (Work from home/client site)QLD
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCDigital DesignerNSW
- FTDevelops EngineerOther
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTJava Developer (API)Other
- TPSenior Technical Business AnalystQLD