- Price, easy to use menu controls, 30X optical zoom
- No 16:9 widescreen option, digital stills only VGA quality
The Panasonic NV-GS35 is a point-and-shoot video camera with enough creative control to satisfy the enthusiast.
Price$ 989.00 (AUD)
Priced, at the time of writing, at just over $1000, Panasonic's NV-GS35 is a solid consumer-quality camcorder with all the features that make taking video great fun. Of particular note is its 30X optical zoom--one of the largest on the market.
The diminutive NV-GS35 weighs only 410g, and with dimensions of 64 x 81 x 114mm, sits comfortably in the right hand--with most of the controls within reach of the thumb and pointer finger.
A dial/joystick menu control setup, which is becoming common across the Panasonic range, provides quick access to the various functions on the camera, including recording and playback of video as well as digital still images.
The 2.5" LCD screen was fast and clear, and allowing you to view your subject from various angles, even in direct sunlight. There's also an optical viewfinder for use when needed.
The NV-GS35 can capture 640 x 480 digital stills to a removable SD card, although it would be a much better idea to capture a frame of video. Printing straight to a printer that supports PictBridge is easy, and the LCD provides useful formatting and print preview information.
The NV-GS35 delivers accurate colour with strong saturation, but optical image stabilisation (OIS) would have been beneficial, considering many inexperienced videomakers will be taking a lot of shaky video when using the impressive 30X optical zoom.
Although it can't match the digital still quality of its competitors, the NV-GS35 is a strong offering from Panasonic and it compares very well with its competitors in regards to video quality, ease of use and price.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Sony make shooting in HDR easy with new 4K camcorders
- Sony announces Australian availability for new waterproof RX0 action-camera
- Microsoft's Beam becomes Mixer, adds four person split-screen streaming to battle Twitch
- Microsoft's Story Remix uses machine learning and mixed reality to make your movies awesome
- New IoT malware targets 100,000 IP cameras via known flaw
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPProject Manager | Digital Health ProgramQLD
- FTSenior Risk CoordinatorSA
- FTScheduling Specialist - Must have baseline or NV1Other
- TPCyber Security EngineerNSW
- TPSQL Systems DeveloperQLD
- FTService Desk ConsultantOther
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- FTSales / Account ManagerOther
- FTC ++ DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Superannuation/WealthOther
- FTNetwork AdministratorOther
- FTApp Support Tech LeadQLD
- CCDevOps Developer (Chef/IAF/Linux)QLD
- TPApplication Packaging & Support ConsultantVIC
- FTSolution Architect **Telecommunications Products** $800 per dayOther
- FTProject CoordinatorACT
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- FTICT Infrastructure / Server EngineerSA
- CCTechnical Writer - Based in BrisbaneNSW
- TPTest Automation ProgrammerNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Test Engineer - Telecom domainVIC
- FTRadio Communications Field TechnicianOther