Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ2
- Great colour, unlimited continuous shot, 6X zoom
- Irritating load times, bad image writing lag outdoors, ordinary build
An average camera that produces some nice shots, but is marred by minor problems.
Price$ 549.00 (AUD)
The DMC-LZ2 is a mixed bag. It has some wonderful features, which it cancels out with a few irritating problems that don't sound particularly important, but quickly make using it a pain.
During our testing, the DMC-LZ2 momentarily locked up at several key points during use. These included when the memory filled up, and when we activated certain menu functions. This lag lasted a good three or four seconds, and when it occurred a couple of times in a few minutes, it really detracted from the experience of using the camera.
There was also lag between taking photographs. Indoor shots seem to be OK, with a standard two to three second write time; however, with outdoor shots, the camera took as long as three or four seconds between shots.
That is not to say the DMC-LZ2 doesn't have some good features. The images it produced were rich and had some of the best colour we've seen in a 5 megapixel camera. They did tend to blur a little around the edges, but this did not detract too much from the result.
It also has a number of great functions, particularly the unlimited continuous shot mode, which goes until the memory is full (usually cameras have a limit, such as 10 or 30 shots). The downside to this is that there is noticeable slowdown in the shot rate if you take more than a few seconds worth of shots. It also has an image stabiliser that helps to remove blurring caused by the camera moving, but we didn't think it made too much of a difference.
The Panasonic offers a number of different shooting modes, and basic control over exposure, white balance and shutter speed, but it doesn't really distinguish itself by providing either complete manual controls or being incredibly newbie-friendly. The other feature worth mentioning is the 6X zoom.
The camera uses AA batteries. In our tests the battery lasted about 350 shots.
Join the newsletter!
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
cloudandco Smart Cane
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Apple iPhone X
Toys for Boys
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Bose SoundLink Micro
Lego Mindstorms EV3
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Google Daydream View VR Headset
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Xbox One X
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Fallout Geeki Tikis
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Panasonic Announces Compact, Lightweight ultra-telephoto LEICA Lens
- Panasonic announce still-shooter flagship G9
- Sony Announces Development of New G Master Super-Telephoto Full-Frame E-Mount Lens
- Sony Expands Full-frame E-mount lens lineup
- Sony’s New Full-Frame α7R III Interchangeable Lens Camera promises to delivers both resolution and speed
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSecurity Technical LeadOther
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTBusiness Analysts Wanted!Other
- FTCustomer Service RepresentativeOther
- FTDigital BAOther
- TPDevSecOps SpecialistACT
- CCRecruitment AdvisorNSW
- FTSenior Data Warehouse Developer, Power BIOther
- FTSenior Java and AEM DeveloperOther
- FTService Desk Analyst/Telecommunications Service AnalystOther
- FTSenior Wintel EngineerACT
- CCHelpdesk Support AnalystNSW
- CCIT Cloud EngineerNSW
- CCDynamics CRM Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- CCCRM Solutions/ Technical ArchitectVIC
- FTFinancial AdministratorOther
- TPProject Manager - Windows 10QLD
- CCRPG Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCRecords AnalystNSW
- FTInfra Deployment Lead/- Windows 10 SOE rollout projectOther
- TPC++ DeveloperNSW
- CCApplication Support Analyst - Level 2QLD
- FTData ScientistOther
- FTVBA DeveloperOther