Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ2
- Great colour, unlimited continuous shot, 6X zoom
- Irritating load times, bad image writing lag outdoors, ordinary build
An average camera that produces some nice shots, but is marred by minor problems.
Price$ 549.00 (AUD)
The DMC-LZ2 is a mixed bag. It has some wonderful features, which it cancels out with a few irritating problems that don't sound particularly important, but quickly make using it a pain.
During our testing, the DMC-LZ2 momentarily locked up at several key points during use. These included when the memory filled up, and when we activated certain menu functions. This lag lasted a good three or four seconds, and when it occurred a couple of times in a few minutes, it really detracted from the experience of using the camera.
There was also lag between taking photographs. Indoor shots seem to be OK, with a standard two to three second write time; however, with outdoor shots, the camera took as long as three or four seconds between shots.
That is not to say the DMC-LZ2 doesn't have some good features. The images it produced were rich and had some of the best colour we've seen in a 5 megapixel camera. They did tend to blur a little around the edges, but this did not detract too much from the result.
It also has a number of great functions, particularly the unlimited continuous shot mode, which goes until the memory is full (usually cameras have a limit, such as 10 or 30 shots). The downside to this is that there is noticeable slowdown in the shot rate if you take more than a few seconds worth of shots. It also has an image stabiliser that helps to remove blurring caused by the camera moving, but we didn't think it made too much of a difference.
The Panasonic offers a number of different shooting modes, and basic control over exposure, white balance and shutter speed, but it doesn't really distinguish itself by providing either complete manual controls or being incredibly newbie-friendly. The other feature worth mentioning is the 6X zoom.
The camera uses AA batteries. In our tests the battery lasted about 350 shots.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Fujifilm announces the Elite X-H1
- Panasonic Releases Impressive LUMIX DC-GX9 Camera For The Enthusiast
- Panasonic try to set new standard for Travel Cams with Lumix DC-TZ220
- Panasonic Announces Compact, Lightweight ultra-telephoto LEICA Lens
- Panasonic announce still-shooter flagship G9
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Is My Smart Speaker Always Listening?
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWQLD
- FTSenior Desktop Technical EngineerOther
- FTLead Business AnalystOther
- CCTest AnalystACT
- FTOrganisational Change ManagerOther
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTJava DevelopersVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectWA
- FTChange AnalystOther
- FTSAP HR / ABAP ConsultantWA
- FTResource Coordinator - $71 phOther
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- CCSCCM Application PackagerQLD
- CCFull Stack Web DeveloperNSW
- TPSnr SQL DBAQLD
- FTDevOps EngineerOther
- CCSenior Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTSCRUM MasterOther
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCChange Communications Specialist l Port Macquarie NSWNSW
- FTMid-Level Drupal Developer (Brisbane Location)ACT
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTUnix/Linux System Administrator - PERMANENT ROLEQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW