In multicultural Australia, the opportunity for home cooks to expand their culinary horizons is too tempting to resist.
Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- - Phenomenal contrast
- - Great natural colours
- - Soundbar in flagship model
- - Entry-level model lacks Absolute Black Filter
- - Not as bright as LED-backlit rivals
- - No Dolby Vision
Fantastic picture quality and elegant design, but it's hard to ignore LG's rival OLEDs
Price$ 4,199.00 (AUD)
The EZ1000's soundbar offers full-bodied audio and adds punch to the low end, although not surprisingly it falls short of a high-end standalone soundbar.
The Panasonic televisions lack LG's support for Dolby Atmos surround sound, which adds a sense of height to a movie soundtrack. To be fair, LG's advantage is barely noticeable when listening to a movie soundtrack via soundbar rather than a full surround sound system.
Panasonic's first Australian OLEDs are worthy contenders for a spot in your lounge room, especially if you're primarily catering to movie night rather than daytime viewing in a sunlit room.
When it comes to picture quality Panasonic can hold its head high alongside LG's OLEDs, but for roughly the same price LG throws in the insurance policy of Dolby Vision – should it take off in the lounge room. That advantage puts LG ahead by a nose, but if Panasonic could shed a little weight on the price tag to undercut LG it would be on a winner.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Nova 3e: P20 in a pinch
- 2 Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- 3 LG E8 OLED TV (2018) and SK10Y soundbar review: If you've been on the fence about OLED, now might be the time to jump it
- 4 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 5 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Amazon bolster Australian Echo lineup with Echo Show and Echo Sub
- Panasonic releases DP-UB9000 Blu-ray player
- Foxtel updates Foxtel GO
- LG's 2018 TVs get smarter from today with Google Assistant and Alexa support
- HomePod to get new Siri Shortcuts, phone calls, and other Siri features in upcoming update
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Hands on with Huawei's Mate 20 Pro
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Full, in-depth, Australian review
- Oppo Find X: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies