Palm Tungsten T5
- Large internal non-volatile memory
- No cradle
The Tungsten T5 will appeal to people who want a Palm-based business handheld that can double as a portable storage device.
Price$ 599.00 (AUD)
The biggest selling point of the Tungsten T5 is its 256MB of memory--almost four times as much space as its predecessor (the Tungsten T3). Sure, you can always add storage using the T5's SD slot, but you might need that for something else, such as an optional SD Wi-Fi card.
Interestingly, a large part of the T5's memory is non-volatile: even if it loses its charge, you won't lose any of your data. And 160MB of it is held in an internal flash drive. Plug the handheld in to any computer with plug-and-play support for a USB thumb drive, and you can access your stored files.
The T5 forsakes the collapsible chassis that distinguished previous Tungstens, but it retains its predecessor's handsome 320 x 480 display. As a result, the T5 is a bit taller than the T3--though not dramatically so.
Powered by Intel's 416MHz Bulverde XScale CPU, the T5 is a snappy performer, but our pre-production unit's battery life was adequate for only a day or so of intensive use, even without going online (we wish that Palm would add a removable rechargeable battery).
This is the first Tungsten that doesn't ship with a cradle. Instead, you get a USB cable with a HotSync button. It also supports Bluetooth for file transfer.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- HTC U11 Plus latest rumours: Release date, price and specs
- Huawei go big on AI, announce Mate 10 + Mate 10 Pro
- Huawei's flagship tech trickles down to mid-tier with new Nova 2i smartphone
- Sony Bring Xperia XZ1 to NZ
- Incipio Adds Pixel 2 Cases To Roster
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTLean Agile CoachOther
- FTSenior Systems Engineer/Veeam SpecialistOther
- FTApplication Support HP ALMACT
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- FTSenior Project Controls Officer / CoordinatorOther
- FT.Net - Sitecore DeveloperQLD
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist - Senior roleOther
- FTLead Front End DeveloperOther
- CCTechnical Writer - Based in BrisbaneNSW
- CCMobile Applications Developer (Brisbane)NSW
- CCSAP HR / Payroll AnalystQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Higher EducationOther
- CCJunior Security AnalystNSW
- CCApplication Solution Designer (Automation)NSW
- CCTraining and Support LeadVIC
- FTProgram Director - Telecommunications (FTK, CW and SAED)Other
- FTNetwork AdministratorOther
- FTDigital Reporting AnalystVIC
- CCEngagement OfficerNSW
- FTDigital Reporting AnalystOther
- TPSenior Instructional Designer/TrainerQLD
- FTSAP Operations AnalystOther
- FTDeveloper- Xamarin, ASP.Net, Ajax, Java Script, MVC , AndroidOther
- TPCyber Security Business AnalystACT
- CCPortfolio Manager - GovernanceVIC