Palm Tungsten E2
- Excellent display quality, fast processor
- No Wi-Fi, no camera nor voice recorder
The low-cost Palm Tungsten E2 is a comfortable entry level model for business users.
Price$ 349.00 (AUD)
The E2 is an upgrade from the popular Tungsten E, featuring a faster processor, a brighter screen and Bluetooth 1.1 connectivity.
The E2 has retained the lightweight but sturdy silver plastic casing of its predecessor and, at 133 grams, is almost exactly the weight. Measuring 11.4 x 7.9 x 1.5cm, the E2 is not the smallest handheld, but it's a convenient sized nonetheless.
The front of the E2 is dominated by the 3.7" TFT touch screen. The screen has a resolution of 320 x 320 and excellent colour rendering, enabling the E2 to perform well both in low-light and daylight conditions.
Below the screen is an input area for the stylus--the E2 does not include a keyboard (a portable keyboard is an optional extra). Palm has conveniently included four shortcut icons in the input area for the Home, Menu, Favorites and Search options. At the bottom of the unit are four other shortcut buttons for Calendar, Contacts, Tasks and Notepad access. A five-way navigation button completes the interface.
Much of the improvement over the Tungsten E can be ascribed to the E2's processing power; it's equipped with a 200MHz Intel processor. Palm has also increased the memory, and the 32MB of non-volatile file system (NVFS) memory available means data stored in here is not lost when the battery runs out. The E2 has a memory card slot at the top that supports SD, SDIO and MMC expansion cards.
The E2 runs on Palm OS 5.4, and supports essential business software such Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and includes software for viewing Adobe documents. It includes calendar and contacts management tools, and can synchronise email with Microsoft Outlook. The E2 comes with a photo viewer, but because it is aimed at business users, does not ship with a camera or a voice recorder.
The E2 can also serve as an MP3 player and sound can be played through a standard set of headphones or through the inbuilt speaker. For connectivity, the E2 provides USB (using a multiconnector USB cable), infrared and Bluetooth capability, but it lacks inbuilt Wi-Fi support.
The E2 battery is recharged with an AC adapter and the PDA has a battery life of about five hours.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Panasonic launches new Windows powered Toughpad
- Oppo release limited Barcelona FC version of R11 flagship
- 3SIXT Reveals iPhone X Offering
- ALDI Mobile Ups Stakes in the Telco Industry
- Tech21 Unveils New Phone Protection for Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTProject Manager | High Profile 4 year Transformation ProjectQLD
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- CCInformation Security ConsultantQLD
- CCFilenet Developer - BrisbaneQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperOther
- FTINTEGRATION DEVELOPERSA
- FTSenior Change ManagerOther
- FTGraduate C# DeveloperNSW
- FTBatch support specialistVIC
- FTNode.js DeveloperNSW
- FTService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceOther
- CCTechnologyOne Systems AdministratorVIC
- TPDigital Project Manager | Website ReplatformingQLD
- FTSAP Change Management LeadOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTApplication/Maintenance DeveloperOther
- FTProcess Specialist x 2Other
- CCNetwork Triage Operational SpecialistVIC
- CCDatabase Administrator - Government OrganisationVIC
- FTAgile Business Analyst, MarketingOther
- FTDigital Marketing ExecutiveOther
- FTBusiness Transformation LeadOther
- FTSAP ISU Device management-FunctionalVIC
- CCTechnical Specialist O365NSW