Pacstar AMD Gaming No. 1
- Value for money
- Nothing of note
This machine should handle all the latest games with ease and won't burn a hole in your wallet.
Price$ 2,499.00 (AUD)
At first the Pacstar AMD Gaming No.1 looks plain, but it has a lot of grunt and you don't have to pay through the nose for it.
This machine packs an AMD 4200+ dual core and also comes with a GeForce 7900GT for boosted performance. It includes 1GB of Corsair DDR400 RAM (2x 512MB dual channel), which is verging on the minimum requirements of the latest games. However, during our testing we didn't notice any loss in performance, but if it does become an issue it can be upgraded to 4GB.
It got an impressive score of 110 in our World Bench 5 tests and aced FEAR's in-game benchmark, averaging 60fps in 1280x960 at full detail, including 4x antialiasing and 16x anisotropic filtering. Two 300GB hard drives are set-up in a RAID-0 array for speed and the machine copied a 4.12GB set of raw data at 25.6MB/s, which is a good result.
The case is sturdy, modest in size and isn't overly noisy. Cable management was neat but could have been better handled, although a dedicated shroud keeps the CPU away from any clutter and ensures it gets a constant supply of cool air. One large fan at the rear extracts air from the case. While the HDD's are situated near a grill at the front of the case, they are not in the path of any direct airflow. On the other hand, due to this location the bays are easily accessible for future upgrades.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By ASUS
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By Dell
- CES 2018: Intel Reveals VR-Ready ‘Hades Canyon’ NUC
- iMac Pro first look: Apple’s most powerful Mac is a multiprocessing beast
- macOS High Sierra ‘root’ security issue allows admin access to your Mac—but there's a fix
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Is My Smart Speaker Always Listening?
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst/Project ManagerQLD
- FTSales Exec - Enterprise AccountsOther
- FTLead Business AnalystOther
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTiOS DeveloperWA
- FTSAP HR / ABAP ConsultantWA
- FTProblem ManagerSA
- FTFront End DeveloperOther
- FTData EngineerOther
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther
- FTHFC EngineerOther
- CCIT Security Manager - OperationsNSW
- TPFinance Integration LeadQLD
- FTNetwork Support Engineer - Level 2/3NSW
- CCJava Full stack developer - Telco domainVIC
- FTProject Manager - ERP implementationOther
- FTCompliance Analyst - Anti Money Laundering & CTFOther
- TPEL1 OBIEE/Java DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Project Manager, Business Operations ImprovementsOther
- TPJunior Service Desk AnalystQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTProject Analyst / Project SpecialistOther