In the era of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), more and more major tech brands are being caught out when it comes to cloud-based storage solutions – and their customers are paying the price.
OXX Pocket DAB+ digital radio
OXX Digital Pocket review: An impressive portable digital radio that comes bundled with great earphones
- Great headphones, easy to operate, sturdy design
- No internal rechargeable battery
The OXX Digital Pocket is the best portable digital radio that we've reviewed and it's bundled with great a-Jays earphones. It's also good value.
Price$ 139.95 (AUD)
The OXX Digital Pocket is exactly what a portable digital radio should be: FM-capable as well as supporting DAB+ radio, easy to use, compact, durable and able to provide good reception. To top it off, it's also bundled with a pair of a-Jays One earphones.
It's similar in design and operation to the Bush Walker digital radio, but the OXX Digital Pocket is a superior product.
Unlike the Bush Walker, which seemed slightly flimsy and fragile, the Pocket feels sturdy in your hand, with the entire back cover finished in matte black plastic. The front of the Pocket has the same layout as the Bush Walker, with simple buttons and a backlit dual-line LCD. Scanning for stations, setting presets and adjusting volume and station is a breeze.
The Pocket is operated by two AA batteries so a pair of rechargeable batteries will save you money if you listen to the radio regularly. Reception was excellent when we tested it in the Sydney CBD, with both digital and FM stations clear and audible.
The bundling of Jays' entry level a-Jays One earphones is a huge incentive for people to buy the OXX Digital Pocket DAB+ digital radio. Although the earphones provided with the Bush Walker and Grundig Roam are adequate, the a-Jays One earphones blows them away. The bass is not too overpowering, with mid and treble tones crystal clear. The a-Jays One headphones also have a tangle-free cord and five pairs of silicone sleeves that do a great job of filtering out background noise.
We were very impressed with the OXX Digital Pocket DAB+ digital radio — we think it is the best portable digital radio to have passed through our Test Centre.
Become a fan of GoodGearGuide on Facebook
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 2 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Peak performance from a home entertainment heavyweight
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Airplay 2 available on Sonos
- Optoma Launches Home Theatre Series
- Voice Assistant use to grow 1000% to reach 275 million by 2023, Juniper says
- Nvidia to bring Shield TV to Australian market
- Bang & Olufsen announces release date for AirPlay 2
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Huawei Nova 3e: P20 in a pinch
- Sonos Beam review: A more-affordable, smarter soundbar option
- Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies