Optoma MovieTime DV10
- User-friendly, built-in DVD player, high-throw ratio lens, fast power/cool down
- Fan operation is quite audible, native resolution of just 480p
A perfect coffee table companion
Price$ 2,999.00 (AUD)
The MovieTime DV10 is a user-friendly projector. It has a built-in top-loading DVD player into which you can insert a DVD and start enjoying a movie in a matter of seconds. With the high-throw-ratio lens, you can position the projector close to the wall or screen without sacrificing image size or quality. Add to this a set of crisp-sounding internal speakers and you have yourself an exceptional projector.
The DV10 has a futuristic-looking outer casing and two internal speakers located behind a silver grille mesh at the rear. Heat is removed through its side ventilation and the internal fan has a noise level of 27dB, which is comparable to a loud computer and quite distracting when watching movies at low volume. At 368 x 117 x 273mm, the unit is small enough to permanently and inconspicuously reside on a coffee table.
Inputs are accessed through the back of the machine. There's a composite, VGA and S-Video connector. There's also stereo audio in, stereo audio out, optical audio out and an AC power input. A D-sub to three-component RCA adapter is provided, so you could connect up an HDTV set top box without compromising quality. Controls are accessed by buttons on top of the physical enclosure, or through the intuitive remote control.
Setting up the projector was an effortless process. To watch a DVD, plug into a power source, insert a DVD, point at a white wall (or preferably a projector screen) and power up. Within 30 seconds a full brightness image will appear.
The image quality overall was quite impressive. It produced deep blacks. This confirms the advertised contrast ratio specification of 4000:1. Colours were accurately reproduced, skin tones seemed very detailed and the definition of the image was sharp.
One downside to the performance of the projector is the native resolution of its DLP chip: 480p (854 x 480).
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Sony's Android-powered Xperia projector turns any flat surface into a touch screen
- Sony’s new liquid-cooled 4K home video projector delivers 5000 lumens of brightness, costs $60,000
- BenQ targets Epson with revamped home entertainment projectors
- LG's new Laser Display gives you 100in of full HD glory
- Vivid Sydney 2012 gets some love from will.i.am
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTSenior Consultant - DevOpsOther
- FTPre-Sales Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCIntegration Specialist-Tibco & MulesoftNSW
- CCSenior Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- CCLinux & Windows Systems Engineer - BrisbaneQLD
- FTDigital Marketing ExecutiveOther
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- TPProgramme SupportACT
- FTProject Support Officer/ Project Coordinator - GovernmentOther
- FTEnvironment and Deployment SpecialistACT
- FTSenior Project CoordinatorSA
- CCBlue Prism DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Delivery Project Manager, Digital, AdvertisingOther
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther
- FTCyber Security Consultant - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCWintel Engineer - BrisbaneVIC
- FTIT TechnicianOther
- FTSenior Wintel EngineerOther
- CCService Integration and Delivery Manager- SIAMNSW
- FTData Scientist (Scientific Computing Specialist)ACT
- CCTransformation/ Organisational Change ManagerNSW
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager - ERP SystemsNSW
- CCGuidewire Business AnalystQLD