Oppo R11s: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- Better display than base R11
- Great performance for the money
- Face unlock is weaker than competition
- Looks dated when compared to iPhone X
As an alternative to the iPhone 8, the R11s is easy to recommend - the performance is good, the camera rig is nice, it’s got a compelling build quality and slick feel-factor.
Price$ 659.00 (AUD)
Though they often get lumped in with Huawei and ZTE, Oppo have always had a very particular approach to the smartphone market. They aren’t trying to be the best Android handset around. They’re playing a different game entirely, and their target audience isn’t the same one that HTC, LG and the rest are gunning for.
If anything, the Android brand that Oppo probably share the largest crossover with when it comes to target audience is probably Google themselves. Much like the the Pixel, Oppo’s phones are aimed at the all-too-common person who wants an iPhone but reels at the expensive asking price. Theirs is a plight that Oppo’s products try to evoke often than Donald Trump cites the struggles of mid-western American coal miners.
With Apple finally making significant strides forward with the iPhone X, 2018 is going to be a pretty interesting year for Oppo. However, before “interesting” things like the rumored R13 reveal themselves, the brand are kicking off the year with the R11s: a slightly-updated refresh on last year’s flagship R11.
The Oppo R11s boasts a 6-inch ultra-wide 18:9 AMOLED FHD+ display and comes powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 processor and 4GB of RAM. Under the hood, it pairs this up with 64GB of on-board storage (which can be further expanded via MicroSD. These technical specs are rounded out nicely by a 3200mAh battery, which charges via the Micro-USB port at the bottom of the device.
With regards to software, the R11s runs on Android 7.1 overlaid with Oppo’s friendly neighborhood ColorOS (V3.2) skin. Then, in terms of connectivity, the the R11S comes with Wi-Fi (802.11), 4G and Bluetooth (4.2). There’s no NFC, but the handset does support Dual SIM.
Finally, the camera. The R11s closes out the deal with a dual 20-and-16-megapixel rear camera with f/1.7 aperture and front-facing one boasting a 20-megapixel sensor and a f/2.0 aperture. This is actually a step down from the R11’s dual 20-megapixel rear-camera kit but otherwise a pretty similar configuration.
Where to buy?
You can find the Oppo R11s on Amazon here.
Next Page: Design, Performance, Camera, Battery Life and The Bottom Line
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG Gram 17 (2021) review: Super lightweight and primed for productivity
- 2 Microsoft Surface Pro 8 review: A superior tablet with baffling quirks
- 3 Acer Aspire Vero review: An eco-friendly Windows 11 laptop
- 4 Seagate Firecuda 530 (2TB) review: It's very, very fast
- 5 Windows 11 review: An unnecessary replacement for Windows 10
Latest News Articles
- Google Pixel 6: Cheapest way to get it in Australia this Black Friday
- This Aussie Black Friday deal on the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 5G is a real gem
- Telstra’s Black Friday sale includes tech and accessories
- Oppo slashes popular phone prices for Australian Black Friday 2021
- Vodafone offers deal on entire Samsung S21 Series
PCW Evaluation Team
Ultimately this laptop has achieved everything I would hope for in a laptop for work, while fitting that into a form factor and weight that is remarkable.
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
- Best SIM-only Cyber Monday iPhone plans in Australia in 2021
- Best Cyber Monday tech deals: Save big on TVs, Dyson Vacuums and more!
- Best Black Friday Amazon deals in Australia in 2021
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies