Opera Software Opera 8
Price$ None (AUD)
Opera has always concentrated on new features that soon seem indispensable (it was the first browser to support tabbed windows, for example).
Similarly, mouse gestures - move through pages by holding down the right key and moving your pointer left or right - soon become second nature. The interface has had a major overhaul, other new features include the Fit-to-window option (to avoid horizontal scrolling), and better support for removing pop-ups (no longer all-or-nothing as with SP2's amendments to Internet Explorer). You also get voice control.
In the past, Opera had much difficulty rendering certain Web pages. While this may be the fault of developers, it was still a nuisance. A development that's not new to version 8 but works well in this release is that the browser can now "spoof" itself as Internet Explorer (or Firefox) and this works quite well.
Opera is fast and secure, instantly rendering pages that can take a few seconds in other applications. The options to delete private data are much better than Internet Explorer and clicking on the padlock icon for secure sites provides information about who operates the security certificate for them.
Opera 8 is a slick and fully featured browser, but Opera is the only browser to make you use either a version with advertisements or pay for an ad-free version. In general, those adverts are easy to ignore if you don't want to shell out.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft delves deeper into AI with new kit bag of tools
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- Optimizely expands its enterprise-focused offerings
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Apple TV 4K review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTScrum MasterOther
- FTBusiness Project Manager - Non ITNSW
- FTUnix/Linux EngineersOther
- TPTest AnalystSA
- FTInsights AnalystOther
- TPICT Strategic Sourcing SpecialistQLD
- FTMiddleware Engineer/ Tibco ActiveMatrix or other ESBOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTRelease Manager (Software Configuration)ACT
- CCSharePoint Developer / AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Technical Engineer - MacVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Incident & OperationsOther
- CCService management Business AnalystNSW
- FTPayments Business AnalystVIC
- FTSystems AdministratorOther
- FTPMO Project Coordinator, Multiple projectsOther
- FTNetwork Engineer, Voice & DataOther
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCProject Manager - IDAMVIC
- FTSQL DeveloperACT
- CC2 x Technical Infrastructure SME - VMware / Storage/ BackupNSW
- CCReporting AnalystNSW
- CCCisco ACI Senior Network Engineer, Technical Consultant Or Network ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Procurement Manager- Government BackgroundOther