onOne PhotoTune 2.2
- Fast tools to correct colour
- Not much on offer for creative pros
PhotoTune is more of a production tool than a creative one, and of limited use to design professionals.
Price$ 129.95 (AUD)
PhotoTune is based on two plug-ins from the company of the same name, which OnOne acquired in September. It includes SkinTune and 20/20 Color MD – renamed ColorTune here, perhaps to stop it sounding like an alcoholic drink favoured by students. Since OnOne acquired them, the company has updated both to version 2.2.
Both plug-ins offer colour correction tools aimed at creatives working with large numbers of images. SkinTune corrects images based on skin tones. You select an area of skin using an eyedropper tool, then select the ethnicity of the person (African, Asian, Caucasian, Latin, Middle Eastern or All, for people of mixed race), and the plug-in adjusts the colour of the overall image based on its knowledge of skin tone characteristics.
ColorTune adjusts images by offering you a series of two variations on it that you select between in a similar fashion to having an eye test. It's a curious idea, but it works – delivering much improved images in six steps.
The version 2.2 updates allow both to work on 16-bit images, which is great for photographers working with RAW images. They both also work as Smart Filters in Photoshop CS3, which makes changing their results easier.
OnOne has rejigged ColorTune's core ColorWizard, which used to require 13 steps. However, while it's great for novices, experienced Photoshop users won't find it any faster than traditional correction.
SkinTune is more useful, as it produces naturalistic results often in a single click. It works well with most of the skin colours in our test shots – even with extreme lighting conditions. You need to be careful where you click with unevenly lit skin though (as in the shot shown above) to get the best results.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Transport for NSW boosts digital experience with Amazon Alexa
- Irdeto Acquires Denuvo
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- MWC 2018: Everything You Need To Know
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTFull Stack Developer - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- CCChange Analyst-TransformationNSW
- FTSenior Infrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCCommunication OfficerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTDigital Marketing Manager - Affiliates and PartnersOther
- FTTest AnalystQLD
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTPronto Systems Support SpecialistVIC
- FTNetwork Operator - Order Support CentreOther
- TPProject Manager - Infrastructure - Data CentreQLD
- CCMessaging AdministratorQLD
- FTSystems EngineerSA
- CCSharePoint 2013 DeveloperVIC
- FTDigital BA x2Other
- CCAutomation Test EngineerQLD
- FTScrum MasterOther
- FTXamarin DeveloperOther
- FTProject Co-ordinator / Junior Project ManagerNSW
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect ? NetworkingQLD
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Desktop Support OfficerVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTBig Data Analyst/Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior SharePoint DeveloperWA