onOne PhotoTune 2.2
- Fast tools to correct colour
- Not much on offer for creative pros
PhotoTune is more of a production tool than a creative one, and of limited use to design professionals.
Price$ 129.95 (AUD)
PhotoTune is based on two plug-ins from the company of the same name, which OnOne acquired in September. It includes SkinTune and 20/20 Color MD – renamed ColorTune here, perhaps to stop it sounding like an alcoholic drink favoured by students. Since OnOne acquired them, the company has updated both to version 2.2.
Both plug-ins offer colour correction tools aimed at creatives working with large numbers of images. SkinTune corrects images based on skin tones. You select an area of skin using an eyedropper tool, then select the ethnicity of the person (African, Asian, Caucasian, Latin, Middle Eastern or All, for people of mixed race), and the plug-in adjusts the colour of the overall image based on its knowledge of skin tone characteristics.
ColorTune adjusts images by offering you a series of two variations on it that you select between in a similar fashion to having an eye test. It's a curious idea, but it works – delivering much improved images in six steps.
The version 2.2 updates allow both to work on 16-bit images, which is great for photographers working with RAW images. They both also work as Smart Filters in Photoshop CS3, which makes changing their results easier.
OnOne has rejigged ColorTune's core ColorWizard, which used to require 13 steps. However, while it's great for novices, experienced Photoshop users won't find it any faster than traditional correction.
SkinTune is more useful, as it produces naturalistic results often in a single click. It works well with most of the skin colours in our test shots – even with extreme lighting conditions. You need to be careful where you click with unevenly lit skin though (as in the shot shown above) to get the best results.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
- Dragon Gets NDIS Approval
- NAB go in on Google Assistant integration with new app
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- iPhone 8
- Canon 6D MK II: Full, in-depth review
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Digital Producer/Digital Program ManagerOther
- FTChange ManagerOther
- CCIdentity & Access Management AnalystVIC
- FTProject CoordinatorACT
- CCIT Project SchedulerQLD
- PTMultiple Security AnalystsACT
- CCSAP ABAP DevelopersNSW
- CCAgile Business Analyst - BrisbaneNSW
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- FTIT Desktop ManagerOther
- FTProject Coordinator - SAED/TelcoNSW
- FTSAP Lead Solution ArchitectOther
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperQLD
- TPC++ DeveloperNSW
- CCDesktop Support EngineerQLD
- CCTechnologyOne Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCIT Project SchedulerNSW
- FTSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTLead Business AnalystNSW
- FTCognos AdministratorOther
- FTSenior Systems Engineer, Wintel, VMWareOther
- TPDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical Infrastructure Operations SMENSW
- FTTransport EngineerOther
- TPSoftware Implementation Project Manager.NSW